blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 12:00:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272619 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Prose from a Poshboy
Pages: 1 ... 1237 1238 1239 1240 [1241] 1242 1243 1244 1245 ... 1316 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Prose from a Poshboy  (Read 2563200 times)
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #18600 on: September 12, 2015, 10:48:30 AM »

Heard a lot of nice things about Dubrovnik, must get there sometime...
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #18601 on: September 14, 2015, 01:38:50 AM »

So Dubrovnik to start with. Words cannot do it justice, so here are some of the best photos.

Our hotel. 4 or 5 amazing restaurants, 3 pools, 2 gyms, sports centre, spa - the full shebang.

Click to see full-size image.

A beach. Went on a boat trip to some islands, did some sea-y stuff. Amazing colours here.

Kings Landing.

Sunset.

The city centre

The company

Every trip or holiday I've ever been there's always been a small part of me that has been looking forward to going home come the last day. Not a single morsel of my body wanted to leave that place, I absolutely loved it there.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
youthnkzR

View Profile
« Reply #18602 on: September 14, 2015, 03:46:31 AM »

Never been to Dubrovnik myself, but have been to Split a couple of times. Beautiful place!
marcro

View Profile
« Reply #18603 on: September 14, 2015, 10:27:42 AM »

Looks like a great hotel, can you tell the name of the hotel you stayed at?
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #18604 on: September 14, 2015, 10:58:07 AM »

Looks like a great hotel, can you tell the name of the hotel you stayed at?

Radisson (sp)

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #18605 on: September 14, 2015, 12:37:15 PM »

Just adding to the natwest thing :

Have had 2 natwest business accounts for 8 years ( business established 15 years..never had an overdraft or borrowed a bean ) the accounts are a partnership..am splitting the company into two with the new one being limited myseld as sole MD..

Took 2 months..yes 2 months to get an appointment..'yes we will get the manager to call you back'..finally went to see the nat west bank manager..not at my branch either..had to go to a branch in east london ??.. filled in all the forms ..

er we might have a problem..

really ?..

yes i have to refer the opening of the account to head office and our risk assessment team

i only want to open an account for the new registered company .. we don't want to borrow any money..we have been with you for 8 years.. as you can see there is a large amount ( thin ) in the accounts at the moment..we have never asked for an overdraft ( actually thats a lie we asked for a 10 grand facility once they asked us to put up a £500,00 house as security ) or borrowed any money.. why does it have to go to risk assesment?

They dont tell me that.. we will get back to you within 5 working days

That was 17 days ago...

To say im confused is an understatement... Nat West customer service absolutely stinks

Still Waiting Smiley

Another good Natwest story.. Friend had a nat west account for twenty one years was still current and used came into a inheritence.. wanted to open a savings account alongside it so could put £40K into it..Nat West refused to open account and gave no reason LOLOLOL
« Last Edit: September 14, 2015, 12:39:47 PM by the sicilian » Logged

Just because you don't like it...... It doesn't mean it's not the truth
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #18606 on: September 14, 2015, 01:27:18 PM »

The company

[/i]

Every trip or holiday I've ever been there's always been a small part of me that has been looking forward to going home come the last day. Not a single morsel of my body wanted to leave that place, I absolutely loved it there.

Is that your baby Bro, far left as viewed, the one who is in that "Blue" (?) music thing?

Very handsome young man. Has that sort of Lady Diana head posture.

What are his plans for the future, as to career?

What does he think about you pokering full time, winning & losing 5 figure sums seemingly routinely?

Were you home in time to watch Last Night of the Proms? It was, as always totally wonderful. They had a Lady Conducter person this year, Marin somebody. Dead ringer for Angela Merkel. Full write up on my Diary, which is blondes home for Art & Culture. (Includes Debbie Harry & BS 497).

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #18607 on: September 14, 2015, 01:36:45 PM »

^That brings us nicely onto the next post. Bobby's graduation

For me to call an occasion pretentious, you know it must be something quite extraordinary, in the true sense of the word.

Entirely in Latin, the Oxford University Graduation ceremony is completely ridiculous from start to finish. You can buy the lot on DVD if you fancy, just £30 a pop. It was a nice day however, and Bobby was chuffed to bits, and was important to him that we shared it with him.

First time the original 5 Goulders have been together alone for a good 3/4 years. Mark and I putting the casual into smart casual.

Bobby moves to London in a weeks time, to start a year course in Music Production at the Abbey Road studio. It's produced a few famous groups in its time...

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #18608 on: September 14, 2015, 01:52:49 PM »

You sure Bobby is not related to Princess Di? His head posture really reminds me of her.

I forget things so easily, sorry, but I had forgotten, or never knew, you had another Brother, Mark.

What does Mark do by way of a career or Profession? Where does he live?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
BorntoBubble

View Profile
« Reply #18609 on: September 14, 2015, 02:25:30 PM »

You sure Bobby is not related to Princess Di? His head posture really reminds me of her.

I forget things so easily, sorry, but I had forgotten, or never knew, you had another Brother, Mark.

Can you also just confirm his mothers maiden name and last 3 digits of his security code on the back of his card Wink

"ace high"

http://plascolwyn.co.uk/ - 9 Bed Self Catering Holiday let in Snowdonia, North Wales Pm for more details.

Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/CalMorgan7
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #18610 on: September 14, 2015, 02:42:54 PM »

People always ask me if I'm related to the Royal family Cheesy

Mark lives in London and is carrying on the family trade working as an Insurance Analyst.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
Junior Senior

View Profile
« Reply #18611 on: September 15, 2015, 12:26:46 AM »

Too late, but

http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=66005.0

cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #18612 on: September 15, 2015, 03:35:04 AM »

Pokerwise, I’ve had some big swings over the weekend.

Thursday I played in a tough, big, game and ended up the biggest winning holdem cash session of 2015.

Friday at one point, I was winning more than I won on Thursday, but ended up in my biggest ever losing cash session! Nasty swing that was. Felt fine about it though, was in good spirits throughout.

The truth is I’m due to lose a lot more than that given the stakes I play nowadays, (I have lost more in Macau but that was on a stake) and it’s a testament to how good I’ve ran (or how nitty I’ve been with quitting) that I’ve never lost more than that before. As Mitch put it “I’ve lost more than that in a 1/2 game!”.

Saturday night, I completely god-moded a smaller game and won it all back plus interest. How ridiculous is that?! People shaking their heads all night at my good fortune. “It took me 18months to make back what I lost in my biggest losing session and you win it back the next day in a 1/2/4 game!” said anon...

Cash games this week, then Keith's stag do in Amsterdam on Friday!!!

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
bagel
bagel

View Profile
« Reply #18613 on: September 15, 2015, 08:06:50 AM »

looks like he will some extra spending money.

final table of the sunday million 3 day event
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #18614 on: September 15, 2015, 08:57:26 AM »

looks like he will some extra spending money.

final table of the sunday million 3 day event

Good luck Keith, get the lot.

Pages: 1 ... 1237 1238 1239 1240 [1241] 1242 1243 1244 1245 ... 1316 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: