blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 05:42:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Prose from a Poshboy
Pages: 1 ... 1236 1237 1238 1239 [1240] 1241 1242 1243 1244 ... 1316 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Prose from a Poshboy  (Read 2562553 times)
jakally

View Profile
« Reply #18585 on: September 05, 2015, 01:38:14 PM »

parents just got back and said it was amazing. wug wcoop plans? Deadman said he's going hard.

Pardon my ignorance, but what does "wug" mean?

What you got, as in what would you do here, as in what are your wcoop plans.

Down with the kids.

That would be WYG, surely?

Don't answer, I give up met.

I get what WUG means but "wug wcoop plans?" makes zero sense whatsoever. Surely the whole idea of WUG is to save yourself the heartache of having to type out "Do you have any wcoop plans?".

"Any wcoop plans?" or even just "Wcoop plans?" would be fine and mean the same or less key strokes.

Ridic!!

No wonder pleno doesn't feel he fits in!

He's from a part of the country that barely speaks English - he needs all of the help that he can get. (Although it is a bit demeaning being given grammar lessons by an Electrician, and a former Road-Mender).
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #18586 on: September 05, 2015, 02:20:29 PM »

really, it should be "whyg" what have you got?

now i know what wug means (often wondered), its pretty tilting that it is both an abbreviation and an inaccurate one, bro.

WTF!!!!

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
Honeybadger

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18587 on: September 05, 2015, 02:58:38 PM »

really, it should be "whyg" what have you got?

now i know what wug means (often wondered), its pretty tilting that it is both an abbreviation and an inaccurate one, bro.

WTF!!!!

Ha ha. Great spot!
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #18588 on: September 05, 2015, 03:09:20 PM »

Touché.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #18589 on: September 05, 2015, 10:24:24 PM »

stick with wug pads

Tikay launched a similar tirade on me over my use of "prolly" and "speshly" but I stuck to my guns.

the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #18590 on: September 07, 2015, 04:55:14 PM »

Just adding to the natwest thing :

Have had 2 natwest business accounts for 8 years ( business established 15 years..never had an overdraft or borrowed a bean ) the accounts are a partnership..am splitting the company into two with the new one being limited myseld as sole MD..

Took 2 months..yes 2 months to get an appointment..'yes we will get the manager to call you back'..finally went to see the nat west bank manager..not at my branch either..had to go to a branch in east london ??.. filled in all the forms ..

er we might have a problem..

really ?..

yes i have to refer the opening of the account to head office and our risk assessment team

i only want to open an account for the new registered company .. we don't want to borrow any money..we have been with you for 8 years.. as you can see there is a large amount ( thin ) in the accounts at the moment..we have never asked for an overdraft ( actually thats a lie we asked for a 10 grand facility once they asked us to put up a £500,00 house as security ) or borrowed any money.. why does it have to go to risk assesment?

They dont tell me that.. we will get back to you within 5 working days

That was 17 days ago...

To say im confused is an understatement... Nat West customer service absolutely stinks

Just because you don't like it...... It doesn't mean it's not the truth
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #18591 on: September 07, 2015, 05:20:37 PM »

Natwest are the worst

All of our work banking had been with Natwest for 8 years, unlike Sicilian we had a fair sized overdraft and had used the RBS invoice financing product for a number of years so they made a fair chunk from us.

So in 2013 when we wanted to move some shares around I spoke to our relationship manager at Natwest and a contact I had at HSBC on the same day.

HSBC had an agreement in principal in place for a mixture of facilities providing a seven figure sum before our Natwest relationship manager had even bothered to visit!

They are a disgrace.

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
AlunB

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18592 on: September 07, 2015, 05:44:25 PM »

Aren't Natwest selling off their business banking? Or they are in the process of it? I was with them a couple of years back and I'm sure it was mentioned back then.
Young_gun

View Profile
« Reply #18593 on: September 07, 2015, 07:19:38 PM »

Ul on nearly pure bubbling , how did you feel after Alex? I often feel a bit of disappointment but still it is a buzz. Part of the parcel, lets hope when you stone bubble its not for a big comp or you have a nice destination so you can shake it off easily.

Obviously it didnt take you long to get over it stunning pics of you and the GF, lucky bugger Smiley

Twitter: @johnnybev1987
#skypokerteamhitsquad
#lovethegame
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #18594 on: September 07, 2015, 10:23:30 PM »

Music fans: Bobby is jamming in our hotel bar with the resident jazz pianist. Am broadcasting it live on periscope, you can find the link on my Twitter @cambridgealex

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #18595 on: September 08, 2015, 12:29:05 AM »

I had natwest business banking and had a great relationship with my manager,  then I sold one of my businesses so turnover dropped below 250k which now classifies me as a "micro" and my manager only deals with "small to medium" businesses so he was no longer able to deal with me and as a result it takes 4 weeks to get anything done.

Really really don't give a fuck!

the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #18596 on: September 08, 2015, 12:44:04 AM »

I had natwest business banking and had a great relationship with my manager,  then I sold one of my businesses so turnover dropped below 250k which now classifies me as a "micro" and my manager only deals with "small to medium" businesses so he was no longer able to deal with me and as a result it takes 4 weeks to get anything done.

Mines well in excess of £250K ( cough thin ) and they still don't give a fuck.. in fact when i went to see them i thought the whole place was run pretty unprofessionally... aside from the fact he didn't know his arse from his elbow

Just because you don't like it...... It doesn't mean it's not the truth
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #18597 on: September 08, 2015, 02:57:30 AM »

Mines well in excess of £250K ( cough thin ) and they still don't give a fuck.. in fact when i went to see them i thought the whole place was run pretty unprofessionally... aside from the fact he didn't know his arse from his elbow

Mine too, and that's just what I declare

sola virtus nobilitat
BulldozerD

View Profile
« Reply #18598 on: September 08, 2015, 08:00:10 AM »

Natwest business banking are the nut worst imo
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #18599 on: September 12, 2015, 06:05:59 AM »

Got so much to catch up on it's gonna run away from me.

Some brief cliffs:

-Dubrovnik - top 3 holiday of my life, one of the most beautiful places in the world.
-Bobby's graduation - a very proud family occasion.
-Biggest winning cash session of the year, directly followed by...
-Biggest losing cash session EVER!

Lots of photos and more details to come asap.

However, I think there's more to come though with a big cash night tomorrow and a big sunday online the day after. PUMPED.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
Pages: 1 ... 1236 1237 1238 1239 [1240] 1241 1242 1243 1244 ... 1316 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: