blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:13:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16944 Members
Latest Member: Blader
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Prose from a Poshboy
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 1316 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Prose from a Poshboy  (Read 2543652 times)
buzzharvey22

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 06, 2011, 06:39:08 AM »

was that on your gap yah?
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 06, 2011, 06:40:48 AM »

was that on your gap yah?

which one? I changed the photo 5minutes ago. The first one was, but this one not.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 06, 2011, 06:42:21 AM »

At the WSOPE in London, September 2010

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 06, 2011, 07:00:02 AM »

I arrived back in Notts this evening after a really great Christmas break. I played one evening but other than that spent a lot of time with my family and girlfriend. It was my birthday yesterday and I spent the day in London with Hannah. We ate lunch in a pancake restaurant called My Old Dutch which was delicious, shopped and did some sight seeing in the afternoon, had a nice dinner then went to see Billy Elliot which was absolutely sick. It was an awesome day. Adjusting to a nondegen sleeping pattern was so hard, so I spent a lot of the morning hours when I couldn't sleep posting on Blonde, going over HHs etc, working on my game. I think the break has done me the world of good and I am really ready to get my head down this year and really put the hours in at DTD.

I met up with a few friends tonight and we went to DTD to have a drink and rail a few buddys who were deep in the evening comps. Sat down at 0.50 1 for a quick 30minute session, got in and out of a £100 hole and ended up up a tiny bit which was enough to buyin for the homegame I was supposed to be hosting. That was a good laugh and I did ok, winning a little bit there too.

I'm not sure whether to count today in the yearly accounts, but seeing as it's a win, I'll kick off with that. I'll be at DTD tomorrow playing the £50 6max and then cash afterwards.

January Profit: £50

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 06, 2011, 07:01:19 AM »

Cash Game Profit September 2010 since playing fulltime, until 31st December 2010.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2011, 07:03:10 AM by cambridgealex » Logged

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 06, 2011, 07:02:23 AM »

Tournament Profit in the same period.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 06, 2011, 10:54:29 AM »

hi der alex. keep poasting. tyty

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 06, 2011, 11:29:24 AM »

Alex are you the guy who doesn't get on with Chantelle the valet?

If so we've never met properly but I know who you are.

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
millidonk

I'm supposed to wear a shell.. I don't - SLUG LIFE

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 06, 2011, 11:41:40 AM »

After a bad downswing in December I was feeling pretty down again about things and was looking for ways out of it. I took a few 1/2 shots which went badly, I was down to about 2k in my roll. On the Saturday before Christmas, I played the £100 tournament on the Saturday of Monte Carlo weekend. In level  1, I found some guy who decided to bluff allin with 42 on an AQT3 rainbow board (having limped called UTG and called my flop bet) with absolutely no fold equity (I’d put 5k out of my 7k stack in on the turn) when I had top set. Things were going my way. I reached the money with a big stack. With 10 left, the other big stack at the table opened, I 3bet shoved 99 from the BB and he snapped with KK and held. I was gutted that it had happened again. The big score just seemed to keep eluding me. I was down to 10k at 3k/6k. I was allin next hand UTG with AQ and held 3 ways for a treble up. I found 22 the next hand and got it allin again vs ATo. He flopped the world, turned the uberworld, but 22 were still winning. I shouted out for a “brrrrrickkkk” and sure enough, an offsuit 4 rolled off on the river. I shoved the next two hands and took down the blinds. I was back up to average. I open shoved AThh and the guy who had the KK vs my 99 snapped with AK. I had a decent rail behind me now and the atmosphere was great. However I was in bad shape here and needed to bink. The Kxx flop pretty much killed me. The Q turn gave me a gutter and we were all cheering for the Jack ball. Even a few of the dealers that had finished their shifts were railing and cheering for the Jack. It rolled in sure enough and massive cheers and high fives ensued. All table etiquette was lost, I’m ashamed to say. I did get completely wrapped up in the moment – it was awesome. I think I went on to the final table with 450k, 45minutes after having 10k. We did a deal 4 ways; I was equal chip leader and got £3.9k.

Had a feeling i knew who you are before you posted the pics.

I was witness to this sick run of cards. Kudos on admitting to the lack of class when the Jack.. pot rolled in. I know i wouldn't have been overly happy if i was the AK guy. You prob deserved it though.

I was the fat lad in seat 1, who flipped my ace, blind on blind and you asked the dealer if my hand was dead. (Nice shove, I had A8...i would normally snap that, you were running a bit too good)

Anyways great read so far and good luck at the tables.

cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 06, 2011, 11:50:46 AM »

Yes I suppose that could be me. But I suggest not a particularly strong filter...?! Sigh if you're related or something. Pretty amusing that I am known for that, is my disdain that well known?!

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 06, 2011, 11:54:52 AM »

Had a feeling i knew who you are before you posted the pics.

I was witness to this sick run of cards. Kudos on admitting to the lack of class when the Jack.. pot rolled in. I know i wouldn't have been overly happy if i was the AK guy. You prob deserved it though.

I was the fat lad in seat 1, who flipped my ace, blind on blind and you asked the dealer if my hand was dead. (Nice shove, I had A8...i would normally snap that, you were running a bit too good)

Anyways great read so far and good luck at the tables.

Ah nice one, yeh you were by far the best player left in that comp (other than me ofc Wink ) I just had pos on you so obv a huge advantage plus yeh running sick! I did have a suited Ace that hand, I wasn't FOS fwiw. I was just worried you were showing me an ace to get a reaction and that you hadn't folded so I sorry if you thought I was being a dick, I just wanted to make sure you had definitely folded before releasing my hand or reacting in anyway.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 06, 2011, 12:19:23 PM »

Yes I suppose that could be me. But I suggest not a particularly strong filter...?! Sigh if you're related or something. Pretty amusing that I am known for that, is my disdain that well known?!

If you want me to delete this I will lol.

I was sat with Mitch playing the VIP (not a brag - I got pwneddddd) game when Chantelle asked you to move away from the table. Obviously there shouldn't be observers but absolutely no one was bothered and you were chatting to Mitch iirc. You have her the finger and told her to fuck off before moving away.

I didn't realise at the time who you were.

Many lulz

@GreekStein on twitter.

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 06, 2011, 12:35:11 PM »

rofl GTFOOOOOOOOOOO

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 06, 2011, 12:47:42 PM »

If you want me to delete this I will lol.

I was sat with Mitch playing the VIP (not a brag - I got pwneddddd) game when Chantelle asked you to move away from the table. Obviously there shouldn't be observers but absolutely no one was bothered and you were chatting to Mitch iirc. You have her the finger and told her to fuck off before moving away.

I didn't realise at the time who you were.

Many lulz

Many lulz indeed. I don't want you to delete it as this diary is all about being honest and admitting to flaws etc. But that was a particularly bad moment for me and you won't see me be that rude very often at all. I had just busted the deepstack (my first one so it was a big thing for me) and I went over to tell Mitch because he had backed me for a piece. I was pretty annoyed by the way I went out and not feeling great. Mitch isn't a very sympathetic backer and obv gave me the rubz as well lol. Chantelle and I have a bit of history from when I worked there. Mainly just a huge personality clash and we've both been at each others throats a bit whenever we collide. It seemed like she was just asking me to move to be a pain on purpose when like you say, I wasn't bothering anyone, just quickly talking to Mitch. So just really bad timing.

From what I've heard/read about you though you can relate to losing your cool from time to time as well...Wink

I made the peace in December though so hopefully no more beef Smiley

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 06, 2011, 12:53:29 PM »

lol @ going to Mitch and expecting sympathy - especially when I'm sat beside him!

@GreekStein on twitter.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 1316 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: