blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 05:31:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Prose from a Poshboy
Pages: 1 ... 607 608 609 610 [611] 612 613 614 615 ... 1316 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Prose from a Poshboy  (Read 2562547 times)
PizzicatoXev

View Profile
« Reply #9150 on: July 29, 2012, 02:12:35 AM »

Obv rail

Best of luck PeeJay you are definately one of the better nits ive played against Cheesy
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #9151 on: July 29, 2012, 05:20:33 AM »

This is how we do it.

I'm up at 5am commencing a small scale sunday grind! Hopefully will have it wrapped up by the afternoon and can get on the beers and rail my boy to glory. Then back on it if he busts. #grinderhashisprioritiessorted

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
JK

Probably the worst player here

View Profile
« Reply #9152 on: July 29, 2012, 08:32:31 AM »

Really wish I could be there. Unfortunately have a pretty poorly horse on boxrest who has to be seen to multiple times a day.

VBOL PJ and George, Get there!
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9153 on: July 29, 2012, 11:14:49 AM »

The very best of luck today to peejay & Alex.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
CHIPPYMAN

View Profile
« Reply #9154 on: July 29, 2012, 11:57:34 AM »

Peejay has made the final 11 of the grand prix. Pretty excited for him and me! 27k sterling ftw, which would be a nice score for me, he's in 2k makeup so I'd get 14.5.

Ive backed him for about a year now and this is his first deep run in a decent comp, first 4 figure cash even! He's deserved way better as I've said time and time again how good he is and how he's due etc etc. He's the ideal horse in many ways but doesn't have results to match yet.

Tomorrows the day!

Creates a pretty sick dilemma for me - there's nothing better than railing a mate on a final, especially with a big financial interest. There's also Bedi there for team eureka, Terry, yes that Terry, for team DTD! And Rastafish (omg not again surely). So the rail will be incredible!

Sundays probably have to take a back seat this week!

I wish my horses can b there today... Sigh
Good luck #TeamGolden
tonytats

View Profile
« Reply #9155 on: July 29, 2012, 04:58:40 PM »

Err u need horses not donkeys
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #9156 on: July 30, 2012, 01:51:41 AM »

Boooom! Sick day, 2nd biggest ever winning day, and I barely played a hand.

After almost a year of staking Peejay and not a single cash >£1000 in over 80 tournaments in that time, he won the grand prix today for £27200.

So so so proud of him and happy for him and myself.

Will write more tomorrow, am absolutely battered, but absolutely delighted.

Have been feeling so so so low last few days about everything. Hannah, the business, poker, the future. One result seems to change everything in a flash. Sick sick life this is.

#lovethegame

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #9157 on: July 30, 2012, 01:56:16 AM »

After almost a year of staking Peejay and not a single cash >£1000 in over 80 tournaments in that time, he won the grand prix today for £27200.

This is really surprising and not indicative of how he plays! Peejay musta run hella bad

Grats, definitely one for the good guy and was funking hard for Peejay even if did mean you were gaining mad ones from it too!

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
PeeJay

View Profile
« Reply #9158 on: July 30, 2012, 02:06:12 AM »

WINNINGGGG!!!
PizzicatoXev

View Profile
« Reply #9159 on: July 30, 2012, 02:24:02 AM »

WINNINGGGG!!!

Major grats sir Smiley
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #9160 on: July 30, 2012, 06:04:37 AM »

My Colombia auction sparked a hell of a lot of controversy this week, and it closed last night at 1.55. There's a 20% tax on winnings so this equates to about 1.9 in real terms.

Plenty of people have been saying how bad value this is. I'm not taking it personally and I'm not offended by this but I would like to give those people an opportunity to put their money where their mouth is and back myself at that price. You get a lot of people chatting a lot of shit saying how x is terrible value but I wonder how many of those people would actually put their money at risk and lay me in this tournament.

I've written this on the thread but doubt many people will read it there, to confirm:

Minimum 5%, maximum 25%. 5% costs £116.63. So if you want to lay me 5%, I'll give you £116 and you're liable to pay 5% of my gross prize money after tax. No final table deals, based on last years figures, your exposure would be about £8k per 5%.

Obviously only accepting offers from people I know and trust pretty well.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 06:30:42 AM by cambridgealex » Logged

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
PizzicatoXev

View Profile
« Reply #9161 on: July 30, 2012, 06:09:18 AM »

My Colombia auction sparked a hell of a lot of controversy this week, and it closed last night at 1.55. There's a 20% tax on winnings so this equates to about 1.9 in real terms.

Plenty of people have been saying how bad value this is. I'm not taking it personally and I'm not offended by this but I would like to give those people an opportunity to put their money where their mouth is and back myself at that price. You get a lot of people chatting a lot of shit saying how x is terrible value but I wonder how many of those people would actually put their money at risk and lay me in this tournament.

I've written this on the thread but doubt many people will read it there, to confirm:

Minimum 5%, maximum 25%. 5% costs £116.63. So if you want to lay me 5%, I'll give you £116 and you're liable to pay 5% of my gross prize money after tax. No final table deals, based on last years figures, you're exposure would be about £8k per 5%.

Obviously only accepting offers from people I know and trust pretty well.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9162 on: July 30, 2012, 07:02:06 AM »

Many congrats on your big staking cash yesterday, Alex, & pass my best wishes on to peejay himself, please.

80 Tourneys without a decent cash & then "ping", that's just grand.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #9163 on: July 30, 2012, 08:06:21 AM »

Yesterday was easily the second best "moment" in my poker career so far. Spotting a talent early on and seeing him rise and finally achieve what I've been promising is coming for months and months now, is really something special.

The rail was really really fun. They went from 11 to 8 handed in no time and he was one of the big stacks starting the final. 8 handed was extremely frustrating. He missed two ladder spots with the worst hand sucking out both times and had a massive blow losing AA vs QQ for the chip lead. Crippled, he had to grind a bowl for ages, eventually got it in KT for 6 bbs utg, bb finds AT and tank calls, xxxx KING ball on the river oioi! Pretty fun suckout there. Vs the guy who he shouldv'e already knocked out with the AA vs QQ, so a, dare I say, "deserved" bit of what PJ calls "punishment" there!

Then PJ finishes the job when the same guy shoves and PJ calls , the rail is shouting "Blue!", first card out is three diamonds, "BLUE!", second card , "BLUE!", third card out . "YESSSS"

And we still have to sweat for the ! #nevereasy

Not gonna lie, I was pretty far gone by this point, quite how he got from this point to heads up I don't really know. Heads up I remember though.

Rastafish is an absolute mental warrior. I don't care what anyone says about his game, playing him heads up is TOUGH. He's constantly in your ear, telling you you're dead, needling, prodding, poking, full to the brim of confidence. Every pot he wins you get another line, another quip. It's not easy to block it out and not be flustered, trust me. This is where PJ shines - he doesn't let anything tilt or fluster him, and he doesn't have an ego issue to rise to Rasta's taunts and give in. He wouldn't play Rasta's game, he kept on with his game plan, despite it not working to start with. It's hard to win a big pot of Rasta without coolering him or sucking out, he doesn't put chips in bad very often, so PJ's gameplan was all about taking lots of small pots, preflop, on the flop etc. So if Rasta hits all the flops, it's going to be hard for him, and that was a problem throughout the heads up match.

Luckily, PJ flips well and won a crucial AK vs 99 flip to double (another fun runout for the rail - QJ8Q....T!) and then he got battered down to 2:1 deficit again, then TT held up vs A9 (T first card, rasta flops a flush draw though!) then finally he sets Rasta in with 55, called by AT, first card brick, second card TEN, third card FIVE! Dead by the turn Smiley

There were some good photos taken, hopefully Nick will put them up soon and I'll get them on here.

Winning Sunday boom! Really nice time to have a bink for me, bit of a sigh selling those shares last week, didn't need to do that now, but still nice to have a big cushion now.

We're moving house TODAY so busy busy busy day ahead. Will get pics of the new place up when it's all looking good.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
edgascoigne

Newbury Racecourse's Best Dressed Gent. And What?

View Profile
« Reply #9164 on: July 30, 2012, 08:16:50 AM »

...sorry you are having a tough time of it at the moment. It happens to us all, though of course this doesn't make it any easier when it is our turn/time. Focus on being surrounded by great friends and enjoying a game you clearly have a passion for and all will be good again soon I'm sure.

Boooom! Sick day, 2nd biggest ever winning day, and I barely played a hand.

So so so proud of him and happy for him and myself.

Will write more tomorrow, am absolutely battered, but absolutely delighted.

Have been feeling so so so low last few days about everything. Hannah, the business, poker, the future. One result seems to change everything in a flash. Sick sick life this is.

#lovethegame

My work here is done.

Allez!!
Pages: 1 ... 607 608 609 610 [611] 612 613 614 615 ... 1316 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: