blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 02:40:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2273128 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Prose from a Poshboy
Pages: 1 ... 652 653 654 655 [656] 657 658 659 660 ... 1316 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Prose from a Poshboy  (Read 2588027 times)
tight4better

View Profile
« Reply #9825 on: August 25, 2012, 05:10:02 PM »

But how much did he lose?

Edit: Wasn't rastafish btw
« Last Edit: August 25, 2012, 05:13:07 PM by tight4better » Logged
jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #9826 on: August 25, 2012, 06:10:13 PM »

As an aside, I'm going to buy a second monitor for my desk so I can grind different sites easier and tile - I like to tile rather than stack, so I'll have say 9 stars tables on one screen and then 6 other ones on the other.

What piece of kit do you need to buy so that the two monitors link up so you just drag the mouse across from one screen to the other? I have a normal desktop computer btw.

As long as you've got a graphics card with 2 outputs you don't need anything else. Windows will recognise that you've got 2 monitors and pretty much sort it for you.

How would I know whether I have that?

Follow the wire from your existing monitor to where it connects to your pc.

It'll be plugged in to an HDMI or serial port slot on your graphics card. If there's a spare slot next to it then you're good to go. If not you need a new graphics card.

gimme a shout up n we can go through some stuff... i spent a long time before i bought my machine.

defo worth investing... esp if ur avg bi is $120 like Adam says.

Cheesy

nice week online Smiley

ForthThistle

View Profile
« Reply #9827 on: August 25, 2012, 06:52:33 PM »

Word on the grapevine is that there was a pretty insane 2/5 game at DTD last night, in which somebody won £7.5k!

Can confirm it was NOT one of the regs nor another professional. Always good to hear!

Can confirm that APAT is in town.

Will be decent cash games all weekend.

APAT NLHE Southern European Champion 2010
Take on Tikay February League Winner 2011

Rastafish throws himself headfirst into the railbirds, arms outstretched but the sea of bodies parts and Rastafish misses and crashes through the barrier on all fours.
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #9828 on: August 25, 2012, 07:56:01 PM »

Just played* the Six Max.

Chap on my table folded AK to a 3bet in the second level. On another table, someone folded QQ face up to a 3bet.

I imagine the 2/5 game will have a slightly higher standard.

*you may infer what you like about the use of past tense.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9829 on: August 25, 2012, 08:07:14 PM »

http://www.preloved.co.uk/adverts/list/3528/tents.html?keyword=old%20tents

The older I get, the better I was.
jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #9830 on: August 25, 2012, 08:16:30 PM »

Chap on my table folded AK to a 3bet in the second level. On another table, someone folded QQ face up to a 3bet.

serious>? are they high?

I saw a guy open fold KK to a reraise in a cash game but he was over 60 and I believe that he didn't realise the 'kids' reraise a little wider these days.

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #9831 on: August 25, 2012, 08:20:41 PM »

serious>? are they high?

I saw a guy open fold KK to a reraise in a cash game but he was over 60 and I believe that he didn't realise the 'kids' reraise a little wider these days.

Only ace high at the end of the day

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #9832 on: August 26, 2012, 02:13:17 AM »

This made me very happy when I discovered the hotel did these

Click to see full-size image.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2012, 02:15:17 AM by cambridgealex » Logged

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #9833 on: August 26, 2012, 03:08:09 AM »

cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #9834 on: August 27, 2012, 02:53:33 AM »

Pretty mad sunday. Following my recent success and growing confidence in my game, I played probably as a big a schedule as I've ever played. Think I played 25 tournaments, abi about $120 and took some action in friends too.

It went pretty badly, I bricked all but two of the tournaments, BUT the two were/are good ones.

The big sweat is the 100euro .FR summer special, which is a two day event, I've made day two 9/95, with a few hundred in the bag, playing for 20k euros first prize. So I have a big stack, and the field is really nice and I'm hopeful for a result there.

I also ran like god in a 20euro hyper turbo, coming 2nd for 1k euros, which covers about 1/2 of the days buyins, which was incredibly fun of course.

I'll give a brief TR because the way the tournament went down was pretty funny.

It's the fastest most crapshooty tournament I've ever played. You start with 10k at 25/50 and the blinds go up every 3minutes.

Before I know it I have 10k at 500/1k and there's 4 allins before me, all for about 10k also. I have TT in the bb! I'm like err go on then, this'll be a good way to spin up a stack - call! Before I get the chance to see what I'm up against, I just flop T55, and they're all dead. 88, 66, 44 and AK. Knew I was ahead!

Then about 20 minutes go by, I'm card dead, not really paying any attention to it, all of a sudden I have 9bigs! But still a top 5 stack with 30 left Cheesy

Call a shove with AJ and hold, then another one with AQ and hold, 1/25 now. Get to the final, with about 6bigs, am 3/9 lol.

Down to 3.5bbs, still 2 shorter stacks! Win Q6>55 and 87>A2 to survive (mbn mbn) and then ladder a bit, suddenly am heads up, with 6bigs.

And KINGS!

Whoop, All in, the guy calls with and flops a convincing straight flush to seal the win in style!

Hilariously fun tournament.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2012, 03:31:53 AM by cambridgealex » Logged

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #9835 on: August 27, 2012, 02:56:00 AM »

Nicely done and gl tomorrow!

smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #9836 on: August 27, 2012, 02:58:06 AM »

WP. what exactly is the drink/ dessert in the pick above

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #9837 on: August 27, 2012, 03:13:24 AM »

I really really enjoyed today. One of the major things I love about playing poker for a living is waking up everyday and everyday having the chance to win a LOT of money! Not just on sundays, but everyday, you can win 2k, 3k, 4k, and to me, that's still a lot of money to win in a day.

Now sunday is a different kettle of fish. On sunday you really can win a lot of money. Hundreds of thousands of dollars. Playing for that much money is so fkn exciting I love it! And watching your friends play for it, and supporting them, and backing people, and watching them get close. It's brilliant.

Poker's not a team game, but it really feels like one when you're all grinding in a room together, or speaking over skype/facebook, sweating each others finals, cheering each other on etc - it really feels like we're all in it together. Right now for example Thigh is still in the bigger162, 30 left, with 40k ftw, and we've all busted everything, he's the last man standing, and we're all cheering him on so hard. I really love that aspect of poker, and I can imagine how lonely and insular it could be without it. I don't know what I'd do if I had no-one to rail me or sweat with me or nobody to talk to about my poker wins and losses! Would be much less fun!

And of course, 95% of the time we all go to bed disappointed, we've bricked our big sweat, or we've just had a bad day all round, and that's what I feel now - but I loved it. I love the chance, the possibility and that excitement is still with me now as I switch off for the night. And we know there's always tomorrow to get it back, or next week to try again...

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #9838 on: August 27, 2012, 03:13:42 AM »

WP. what exactly is the drink/ dessert in the pick above

Strawberry milkshake- amazing!

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #9839 on: August 27, 2012, 03:35:58 AM »

Simon deadman is unreal. Going well in gukpt now.
Do you ever get problems from sites if you are all playing from the same ip address?

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
Pages: 1 ... 652 653 654 655 [656] 657 658 659 660 ... 1316 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: