blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 11:36:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272577 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Prose from a Poshboy
Pages: 1 ... 771 772 773 774 [775] 776 777 778 779 ... 1316 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Prose from a Poshboy  (Read 2560182 times)
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #11610 on: November 20, 2012, 11:08:48 PM »

got an iphone5 today yay. had a shitty old blackberry for 2 years now on shitty 3 network and finally the contracts ran out can sack it off. Got iphone on EE so will have 4G before Xmas in nottingham apparently Smiley

Anyone know a good trick to get blackberry contacts to iphone?

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
sm00035

View Profile
« Reply #11611 on: November 20, 2012, 11:15:38 PM »

'Getting there' against Stato is incred. Some of the facial expressions you get are world class. Reminded me of Michael Mcintyre and Park Ji Sung's love child
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11612 on: November 20, 2012, 11:25:12 PM »

'Getting there' against Stato is incred. Some of the facial expressions you get are world class. Reminded me of Michael Mcintyre and Park Ji Sung's love child

oh dear lord lol 
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #11613 on: November 20, 2012, 11:29:30 PM »

Gangnam style?

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
BMoney

View Profile
« Reply #11614 on: November 21, 2012, 01:17:40 AM »

Would an Estonian local need a tourist visa to visit the UK for a weekend/few days? I wouldn't have thought so, since Estonia is EU, but she seems to think she'd need to apply for a visa in order to just visit her on holiday for a few days?

Double date? Alea's new steak place is pretty good. Cheesy
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #11615 on: November 21, 2012, 01:24:06 AM »

Would an Estonian local need a tourist visa to visit the UK for a weekend/few days? I wouldn't have thought so, since Estonia is EU, but she seems to think she'd need to apply for a visa in order to just visit her on holiday for a few days?

Double date? Alea's new steak place is pretty good. Cheesy

If I can get her over here, then you're defo on!

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
CHIPPYMAN

View Profile
« Reply #11616 on: November 21, 2012, 09:16:05 AM »

Gangnam style?

Hei , sexy lady ...
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #11617 on: November 21, 2012, 06:59:58 PM »

Well that wasn't even a contest! Stato confidently dispatched of Briers in a convincing 113-65 win. Highlights being spotting "Strategic" for a cool 9 that briers could only match with a hopeless 8, and then Stato's <1 second buzz in for the conundrum of BLUEPATER which was, of course, REPUTABLE.

Was a hilarious day. Rachel Riley looks even better irl, Nick Heuer is a boss, although getting a bid senile it seems! Episode airs jan 16th apparently and Stato's next round is a few days before that.

Staying in Manc to watch city Madrid then onto Sheffield tomorrow.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #11618 on: November 21, 2012, 07:08:13 PM »

Well that wasn't even a contest! Stato confidently dispatched of Briers in a convincing 113-65 win. Highlights being spotting "Strategic" for a cool 9 that briers could only match with a hopeless 8, and then Stato's <1 second buzz in for the conundrum of BLUEPATER which was, of course, REPUTABLE.

Was a hilarious day. Rachel Riley looks even better irl, Nick Heuer is a boss, although getting a bid senile it seems! Episode airs jan 16th apparently and Stato's next round is a few days before that.

Quoted for deliberate spelling error? Hewer Smiley

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
atdc21

View Profile
« Reply #11619 on: November 21, 2012, 07:11:21 PM »

"oh you did that with that hand, that interests me"

^ love that line gonna steal it 4 sure.
Sounds like you are having great time Alex, good luck in Sheffield.

No point feeding a pig Truffles if he's happy eating shit.
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #11620 on: November 21, 2012, 07:11:45 PM »

Stato's the boss. Any Brits thrown out?

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
zerofive

View Profile
« Reply #11621 on: November 21, 2012, 08:26:23 PM »

Stato knows who he's up against in tomorrows Champion of Champions heat...

It's this man Steve Briers

ftfy
jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #11622 on: November 22, 2012, 12:46:07 AM »

Lol I remember that. John's first post on blonde (John has QTo here btw Tongue)

Firstly I'd like to say thanks to blonde, its mods and all its posters.. I have been using the site for a while (without being active) and enjoying/ learning and discussing it most days.. with blonde's and non blonde's alike.

Now down to business and its my first post so please be gentle.. (also been playing since 1pm yest and just driven home so might ramble)

Live 1/2 uncapped DTD

We have £400ish (in for £500 Villain is unaware of this) - he covers.  I'll keep names out of it at the moment, this is to check both our lines and my thought process during the hand.. results once a few people have put 'their' ranges up.

7 handed
Villain in question is 'new' to the table, a well known winning DTD reg and we believe a good hand reader both pre and post flop.

Having been called over by another DTD reg villain sits with 600ish

We have the big black thing with the word 'BUTTON' on it (think it means raise in some foreign language) and Villain is in the seat to our right..
We have NO history with villain and no hands..

We have played very few hands in 5-10 orbits and had a few 'decisions' to make, having the clock called in one spot where we played AA's terribly.. n didn't stack KK (nother story).  However the three seats to our right contain 3 DTD 'regs' I believe all winning and we're rather sure they're friendly in the least.  So them passing on any information about us having seen so few flops and appearing quite nitty (cos we was being a nit) are likely to have been passed on.  Potentially that we're 'scared money' and that big bets scare us..

Knowing that Villain is a winning DTD reg in the 1/2's and believe also in the 2/5 we expect him to be thinking about both our hand and what his looks like at all stages.  We don't expect him to spazz or blowup but establishing a table presence when he has pos on who I think he considers to likely be the 'other best players' is more than probable imo.

Hand is as follows..

V opens CO to £7
We 3bt BTN to £19, fold sb, fold bb
V smoothly but not to quick or slowly 4bts to £45
we take 20-30secs or so and slide in some betting discs to match him..

(At this point we aren't surprised to see a 4bt, and we definitely don't think he just has the top few hands)

FLOP
two spades  (suits might be wrong but no biggy)

V cbet of £55, we take our time and call

TURN
think it is still rainbow but I might be wrong about this..

V takes his time, looks us up and down.. as we look at the board and then bets £102

We take a bit more time and put in a £100 and a £2.

River

V swiftly announces an 'All In' bet..

What I'd like to discuss is the likely ranges for both players at each point.. arriving at reasonable bluff/ value ranges given no history, no reason to think either is spewy or out of line and only some limited information that may or may not have been passed on that we seem on the snugger side of things.. possibly even scared money.

I will now sleep and deliberate some more myself on this and post my own reads/ ideas/ ranges and 'plan' for the hand both pre and post (there was a plan with our hand) when I awaken.

I would appreciate all comments/ criticism's about both the hand and the post itself (have to learn somehow).

Thanks,

JB

yeah, did some getting there vs stato - booom! however i really like the guy and at the time i geniunely thought my range was 'stronger' than his...

shipitonetime

View Profile
« Reply #11623 on: November 22, 2012, 03:56:31 AM »

Lol I remember that. John's first post on blonde (John has QTo here btw Tongue)

Firstly I'd like to say thanks to blonde, its mods and all its posters.. I have been using the site for a while (without being active) and enjoying/ learning and discussing it most days.. with blonde's and non blonde's alike.

Now down to business and its my first post so please be gentle.. (also been playing since 1pm yest and just driven home so might ramble)

Live 1/2 uncapped DTD

We have £400ish (in for £500 Villain is unaware of this) - he covers.  I'll keep names out of it at the moment, this is to check both our lines and my thought process during the hand.. results once a few people have put 'their' ranges up.

7 handed
Villain in question is 'new' to the table, a well known winning DTD reg and we believe a good hand reader both pre and post flop.

Having been called over by another DTD reg villain sits with 600ish

We have the big black thing with the word 'BUTTON' on it (think it means raise in some foreign language) and Villain is in the seat to our right..
We have NO history with villain and no hands..

We have played very few hands in 5-10 orbits and had a few 'decisions' to make, having the clock called in one spot where we played AA's terribly.. n didn't stack KK (nother story).  However the three seats to our right contain 3 DTD 'regs' I believe all winning and we're rather sure they're friendly in the least.  So them passing on any information about us having seen so few flops and appearing quite nitty (cos we was being a nit) are likely to have been passed on.  Potentially that we're 'scared money' and that big bets scare us..

Knowing that Villain is a winning DTD reg in the 1/2's and believe also in the 2/5 we expect him to be thinking about both our hand and what his looks like at all stages.  We don't expect him to spazz or blowup but establishing a table presence when he has pos on who I think he considers to likely be the 'other best players' is more than probable imo.

Hand is as follows..

V opens CO to £7
We 3bt BTN to £19, fold sb, fold bb
V smoothly but not to quick or slowly 4bts to £45
we take 20-30secs or so and slide in some betting discs to match him..

(At this point we aren't surprised to see a 4bt, and we definitely don't think he just has the top few hands)

FLOP
two spades  (suits might be wrong but no biggy)

V cbet of £55, we take our time and call

TURN
think it is still rainbow but I might be wrong about this..

V takes his time, looks us up and down.. as we look at the board and then bets £102

We take a bit more time and put in a £100 and a £2.

River

V swiftly announces an 'All In' bet..

What I'd like to discuss is the likely ranges for both players at each point.. arriving at reasonable bluff/ value ranges given no history, no reason to think either is spewy or out of line and only some limited information that may or may not have been passed on that we seem on the snugger side of things.. possibly even scared money.

I will now sleep and deliberate some more myself on this and post my own reads/ ideas/ ranges and 'plan' for the hand both pre and post (there was a plan with our hand) when I awaken.

I would appreciate all comments/ criticism's about both the hand and the post itself (have to learn somehow).

Thanks,

JB

yeah, did some getting there vs stato - booom! however i really like the guy and at the time i geniunely thought my range was 'stronger' than his...

Hmmmm this interests me....
millidonk

I'm supposed to wear a shell.. I don't - SLUG LIFE

View Profile
« Reply #11624 on: November 22, 2012, 12:03:07 PM »

FFS. Spoiler alert would have been nice.

Pages: 1 ... 771 772 773 774 [775] 776 777 778 779 ... 1316 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: