blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 10:17:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272634 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Prose from a Poshboy
Pages: 1 ... 985 986 987 988 [989] 990 991 992 993 ... 1316 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Prose from a Poshboy  (Read 2564647 times)
VBlue

View Profile
« Reply #14820 on: April 19, 2013, 09:50:40 AM »

Ignore his reply, Tom, he was refering to, I would suggest, my Diary, where, on occasion, & only if the cap fits, we use, you know, commas correctly &, on occasion, with, if I may make so bold, abundant splendour.  

We major in commas, but restrict the use of exclamation marks wherever possible.

I have a mate who, when texting, ends every sentence in lol!  Even when he says something as ordinary as OK lol!

GL Alex - the Monte Carlo is your tournament.
millidonk

I'm supposed to wear a shell.. I don't - SLUG LIFE

View Profile
« Reply #14821 on: April 19, 2013, 10:10:42 AM »

Ignore his reply, Tom, he was refering to, I would suggest, my Diary, where, on occasion, & only if the cap fits, we use, you know, commas correctly &, on occasion, with, if I may make so bold, abundant splendour.  

We major in commas, but restrict the use of exclamation marks wherever possible.

I have a mate who, when texting, ends every sentence in lol!  Even when he says something as ordinary as OK lol!

I also have one of these friends. So tilting. lol.

zerofive

View Profile
« Reply #14822 on: April 19, 2013, 10:41:10 AM »

Can the boys at Chestnut Avenue please mark Alex down with a douche strike, maybe two (one for being a douche and one for his insulting rationalisation.) I'll let Alex explain why, and he'll no doubt include the same rationalisation and justice will serve itself. Smiley
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #14823 on: April 19, 2013, 12:38:13 PM »

Can the boys at Chestnut Avenue please mark Alex down with a douche strike, maybe two (one for being a douche and one for his insulting rationalisation.) I'll let Alex explain why, and he'll no doubt include the same rationalisation and justice will serve itself. Smiley

Really don't think you want to go down the "calling people out for being douches on blonde" route mate.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
zerofive

View Profile
« Reply #14824 on: April 19, 2013, 12:43:36 PM »

Really don't think you want to go down the "calling people out for being douches on blonde" route mate.

You crafty lass.
LIONRAMPANT

View Profile
« Reply #14825 on: April 19, 2013, 02:06:46 PM »

VBOL FOR MC ALEX
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #14826 on: April 20, 2013, 03:22:07 AM »

VBOL FOR MC ALEX

Thanks

Hope I haven't peaked too early this weekend - just absolutely god moded 1/2 and 2/5 games at DTD tonight. Was really fun day.

Hands of note:

Squeeze K6hh and flop flush draw, turn a king get stacks in vs Matt and hold
Raise flop with J9 on T82 and turned a Q, bet £150 and Dan Hardy shoves £800 with KK.
Iso limper to £50, Deadman shoves £300, limper calls, I call with TT. T22 flop >> Deadmans QQ.
Turn a set of 66 and get a massive river raise paid off
66 vs Deadman K8 on 862K, 4 diamonds by the river to save him.

And then if they weren't lucky enough, we got in £800 with A9 on A944 vs 4x and bink a 9 on the river for a sweet pot.

Let's have some more of that tomorrow Cheesy

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
tight4better

View Profile
« Reply #14827 on: April 20, 2013, 07:00:57 AM »

Sounds pretty brutal mate, hope you run better in the MC Wink

Gl today #b2b2b
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #14828 on: April 20, 2013, 09:18:00 AM »

I know a chap who ends almost EVERY sentence with an exclamation mark. Jeez, I have everyone neatly packaged into little boxes in my mind. He is a fine, intelligent man, full of a whole variety of virtues, but he is in the box labelled "Uses a ******* exclamation mark every ****** sentence".

Weird the things that cause us angst, eh?

PS - Was not lost on me that in your Post, you scored 2 out of the on the !-omoter, but that was a rare exceptrion for you, & in this case, reasonably so.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #14829 on: April 20, 2013, 09:20:29 AM »

Good luck today, Alex, was good to chat, albeit briefly, yesterday.

I must say, you seemed to have filled out a little, put a little weight on on the right places, & you look better for it. Eating more, home cooking, or perhaps another lady in your life?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #14830 on: April 20, 2013, 09:23:13 AM »

Norrrr! You bellend!!!!!!!!!!!!! Who !?!?!?!?!?

I love the exclamation mark! CAPS, " quotation" anything to make it sound like I am actually saying it in a joyous expressive way like I do!

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
millidonk

I'm supposed to wear a shell.. I don't - SLUG LIFE

View Profile
« Reply #14831 on: April 20, 2013, 09:53:10 AM »

Norrrr! You bellend!!!!!!!!!!!!! Who !?!?!?!?!?

I love the exclamation mark! CAPS, " quotation" anything to make it sound like I am actually saying it in a joyous expressive way like I do!

if something makes me laugh I either go with the subtle "class" or the unsubtle "hahahahahahahahaha"

cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #14832 on: April 20, 2013, 11:25:02 AM »

I must say, you seemed to have filled out a little, put a little weight on on the right places, & you look better for it. Eating more, home cooking, or perhaps another lady in your life?

It's been my new years resolution for I think 3 years on the trot now, but a few weeks ago I finally signed up to a gym and have been going most days since.

I'd be surprised if there were any noticeable results after such a short time period but I certainly feel a lot better and it's very good for me to keep that up. Thanks for saying so though. See you later.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
PeeJay

View Profile
« Reply #14833 on: April 20, 2013, 11:53:24 AM »

It's been my new years resolution for I think 3 years on the trot now, but a few weeks ago I finally signed up to a gym and have been going most days since.

I'd be surprised if there were any noticeable results after such a short time period but I certainly feel a lot better and it's very good for me to keep that up. Thanks for saying so though. See you later.
Don't be so modest Al. You're looking really hench mate
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #14834 on: April 21, 2013, 11:52:08 AM »

It's been a extremely mixed weekend so far.

I busted the Monte Carlo in about 90th and the emotions after were quite different to any that I have felt before after busting a tournament.

It wasn't frustration or anger like it often is after busting a big tournament, I was just sad. Sad that I was no longer in the Monte Carlo, the tournament that changed my life 2 years ago and the superficial "special" connection I have with it. It was strange, like I said I've never felt that way after busting a poker tournament - it didn't feel like an emotion you should feel after losing a game of cards. I was also a bit unsure about what I'd done to lose most of my stack. Whether I'd made a bad bluff or not. I think expecting someone to fold Ace high on the river for 65k (1.2 x pot bet) is pretty reasonable. It was most of their stack. But having played half an hour more with him it was clear it was a terrible bluff. But I'd just been moved to the table so wasn't to know what a calling station he was. And not just a normal calling station, if there was a draw that missed, and he had any showdown value whatsoever, he'd call. Meh.

What I absolutely love about these weekends is the people it draws, the buzz, the atmosphere. But when I busted I just wanted to be invisible instantly. There was no quiet spot to sit without being approached, told a bad beat, questioned on why I'm not in... I just made a beeline for the door and tried to avoid everything and everyone. I got to the car park where the sun was shining brightly.

I felt fine pretty soon after.

I believe that if you're a professional poker player there's almost no excuse to not play as much as you can during these weekends. If your heads screwed on and you're focussed, going home at 3pm on a Saturday afternoon is just not an option. These weekends are what we wait many weeks for. Work hard, play hard. I've played between 10 and 16 hours every day this week.

So I sat down on a 1/2 game, Belton, Flanagan, JB there. Then it hit me harder than before. It's so ridiculous to anyone else. I don't even understand it myself! I'm quite sure if it was any normal £1k then it wouldn't take me more than a few minutes to forget about a 90th place finish Cheesy

It's just some superficial connection, and going back to back to back final tables was something that would've been so special. It meant a lot to me that's all. I don't care how silly it is.

I played a mixture of 1/2 holdem, the MPP tournament, and 5/5 DC last night. The DC was an experience. It was a good decision to play and it's where I want to be heading actually, the big DC games. I am getting better at the games and with a lot of work and more experience, I'm sure they'll be a profitable source of income in time.

I only sat with £250, won quite a lot of decent pots, and was winning £700 at one point. Then I lost it all back in a super stud hand. Where I had ( ) two hearts vs a spewy Welsh chap who had (x x) so I thought I should pot it (about £400) and get the money in. Afterwards Stu seemed to infer that this was correct, I didn't really know. He had AA underneath and "held" but in a weird way - I drew a two spades on 5th street to give me two pair, but he hit runner runner runner JQK to make a straight and I drew a 7 for a low draw but bricked 7th street. Fun game though. Will be playing more DC for sure.

Whilst all this was going on, and indeed all weekend, my stomach has been giving me a lot of trouble, with trips to the toilet every half an hour, no joke. I've felt so rough all weekend really, it's been pretty miserable, even though I've loved the weekend action at the same time. At 3am I couldn't take anymore and went home.

Doing the Monte Carlo FT commentary later which I am really looking forward to. So many heroes left in. I suppose the two people I want to win more than any of the others are big fat Mitch who is so deserving of a big score, with more mincashes to his name than anyone I know, and is a very talented cardsmen. The other is Jack. Jack is equally deserving of a big score, having staked him for about 8 months I know how many near-misses he's had, and live he's had a terrible terrible run forever. A score here would change his life so much and he's so deserves it. I have a cheeky 10% of him, so financially he's my sweat.

My outside tips to win are Tim Chung and Jamie Rutherford. A Rastafish result would just be mindblowing. I just have no idea anymore what is going on with logic, maths and reason anymore Cheesy
« Last Edit: April 21, 2013, 12:13:25 PM by cambridgealex » Logged

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
Pages: 1 ... 985 986 987 988 [989] 990 991 992 993 ... 1316 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: