blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 17, 2024, 09:44:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2273177 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Prose from a Poshboy
Pages: 1 ... 1011 1012 1013 1014 [1015] 1016 1017 1018 1019 ... 1316 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Prose from a Poshboy  (Read 2588433 times)
iangascoigne

Just getting started.

View Profile
« Reply #15210 on: May 11, 2013, 01:02:07 AM »

Merge U2 with Partridge. Sunday Bloody Sunday.

Father of Ed and Alice, grandfather to Toby. That is enough for anyone. Twitter @IanGas
theprawnidentity

8 high happens!

View Profile
« Reply #15211 on: May 11, 2013, 12:49:27 PM »

Der's more to Ireland, den disss.........
buzzharvey22

View Profile
« Reply #15212 on: May 11, 2013, 03:17:48 PM »

Bonnnnooo....no
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #15213 on: May 12, 2013, 01:40:44 AM »

Today was mad. I played the ISPT, got off to a great start almost doubling my stack in the first level with a couple of coolers. Then I got in 65k with KK vs QQ on a Jxx board and he turned a Q leaving me with 15k. I grinded that to 30k.

At about 5pm a 2/5 game opened. Very strange. Usually 2/5 doesn't get started till much later. The lineup looked amazing. No regs in sight. The break was coming up so I made sure I got a seat and played during the break. It was amazing, and I decided my EV in this game would be way higher than my EV in the comp. I ran back to my seat in the comp a few times and played a few hands, but really I should've just forfeited my stack and stayed in the cash game it was too good.

I ended up getting the worst of both worlds unfortunately. I ran terrible in the cash, losing 2 huge allin pots with big hands. OK one was Ten high and one was a pair of threes, but I had huge equity in both Cheesy

I played the comp for a bit more (a mistake) and grinded a bowl for ages then busted and focussed on the cash. Lost some more then the game got gradually worse and worse and I quit before midnight, which has to be a first for a Saturday night.

Lost about 2.5k, pretty much what I'd won last night. Had two great days before then though so overall it's been a great week.

Of course, it's not over yet, and the most fun day is yet to come. SUNDAY. And not any ordinary sunday, SCOOP SUNDAY. Let's run like I sometimes do.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
flushthemout

View Profile
« Reply #15214 on: May 12, 2013, 08:27:17 AM »

ul Alex, Sam Trickett lost £89k in one hand last night, £1k/£2k blinds.

Your only on this Planet once.......... so enjoy
pokerfan

View Profile
« Reply #15215 on: May 12, 2013, 08:37:06 AM »

Haxton was up a million in the end.

SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #15216 on: May 12, 2013, 09:34:30 AM »

yh that game was fkn ridiculous!

Was euro's though, so dont get too carried away Tongue

kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15217 on: May 12, 2013, 10:17:25 AM »

He bought a salad and a glass of wine to wash it down?

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
adiman999

View Profile
« Reply #15218 on: May 13, 2013, 12:57:38 AM »

yh that game was fkn ridiculous!

Was euro's though, so dont get too carried away Tongue

Just what I was thinking Tongue

Pseudo Irish guy luckboxing through life Wink
twitter: adiman999
redarmi

View Profile
« Reply #15219 on: May 13, 2013, 02:30:40 AM »

Today was mad. I played the ISPT, got off to a great start almost doubling my stack in the first level with a couple of coolers. Then I got in 65k with KK vs QQ on a Jxx board and he turned a Q leaving me with 15k. I grinded that to 30k.

At about 5pm a 2/5 game opened. Very strange. Usually 2/5 doesn't get started till much later. The lineup looked amazing. No regs in sight. The break was coming up so I made sure I got a seat and played during the break. It was amazing, and I decided my EV in this game would be way higher than my EV in the comp. I ran back to my seat in the comp a few times and played a few hands, but really I should've just forfeited my stack and stayed in the cash game it was too good.

I ended up getting the worst of both worlds unfortunately. I ran terrible in the cash, losing 2 huge allin pots with big hands. OK one was Ten high and one was a pair of threes, but I had huge equity in both Cheesy

I played the comp for a bit more (a mistake) and grinded a bowl for ages then busted and focussed on the cash. Lost some more then the game got gradually worse and worse and I quit before midnight, which has to be a first for a Saturday night.

Lost about 2.5k, pretty much what I'd won last night. Had two great days before then though so overall it's been a great week.

Of course, it's not over yet, and the most fun day is yet to come. SUNDAY. And not any ordinary sunday, SCOOP SUNDAY. Let's run like I sometimes do.

Is the bolded bit above really true?  If we assume that you have say a 1.5 edge in the ISPT then your stack is worth about what you paid for it ie £270.  Surely you would have to have an absolutely huge edge to make it worth effectively forfeiting a stack that size.  Assuming you play something like 25 hands per hour and you play for 10 hours  you are going to have to win at something like a 20bb/100 rate to just break even.  Was the game really that good?

cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #15220 on: May 13, 2013, 03:01:43 AM »

Is the bolded bit above really true?  If we assume that you have say a 1.5 edge in the ISPT then your stack is worth about what you paid for it ie £270.  Surely you would have to have an absolutely huge edge to make it worth effectively forfeiting a stack that size.  Assuming you play something like 25 hands per hour and you play for 10 hours  you are going to have to win at something like a 20bb/100 rate to just break even.  Was the game really that good?

my live winrates in cash games are like 40bb/100 (and thats not unusual).

by sitting out for an hour i wouldve blinded off 6k, so not much really.  

1/9 on the .fr warmup FT with 10k ftw Smiley had a winning sunday already with a 3rd and a 7th in decent stuff Smiley

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
redarmi

View Profile
« Reply #15221 on: May 13, 2013, 03:14:48 AM »

my live winrates in cash games are like 40bb/100 (and thats not unusual).

by sitting out for an hour i wouldve blinded off 6k, so not much really.  

1/9 on the .fr warmup FT with 10k ftw Smiley had a winning sunday already with a 3rd and a 7th in decent stuff Smiley

Don't want to seem like I am trolling but if your live cash winrate is so high why would you ever play a tournament.  Even playing £1-2 during a deepstack must be hugely more financially attractive than playing a deepstack for example and the variance is smaller.  The opportunity cost of playing tournaments seems massive.

cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #15222 on: May 13, 2013, 05:18:49 AM »

Came 2nd for like 8k.

I'm happy ofc, had a 5 figure sunday. And some .fr #redemption...

Click to see full-size image.

But my god the heads up was the most ridiculous match ever! Pretty funny actually how it went down. It lasted for about 150 hands probably. I literally think I won 130 of them. He was the most passive tight player in the world! But unfortunately he set vs two paired me twice, and two pair vs two pair twice too, plus A6<AJ and 44<KQ to bust me.

Anyway, who cares

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #15223 on: May 13, 2013, 05:35:46 AM »

A6o seemed like a big jam vs this opp. Wp mate, he was hilarious to watch, the Q4o peel was lol

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #15224 on: May 13, 2013, 05:44:25 AM »

A6o seemed like a big jam vs this opp. Wp mate, he was hilarious to watch, the Q4o peel was lol

yeh for sure, was a mistake. knew as soon as i did it. he was peeling 100% though and A6o plays so bad postflop so just thought 17bbs, in your eye. but since he c/folded flops so often and could check down and win at showdown on a bunch of boards then r/folding was defo the best play.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
Pages: 1 ... 1011 1012 1013 1014 [1015] 1016 1017 1018 1019 ... 1316 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: