blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 11:47:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272539 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Prose from a Poshboy
Pages: 1 ... 1095 1096 1097 1098 [1099] 1100 1101 1102 1103 ... 1316 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Prose from a Poshboy  (Read 2557392 times)
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #16470 on: August 31, 2013, 02:34:40 PM »

State of play in the hilarious cash game:

Alex was taken so I'm actually Lex!

Click to see full-size image.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #16471 on: August 31, 2013, 02:46:25 PM »

I assume Victoria wont be doing this

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
outragous76

View Profile
« Reply #16472 on: August 31, 2013, 02:49:29 PM »

titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16473 on: August 31, 2013, 03:44:44 PM »

Sryslsirius is a g. great remix.
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #16474 on: August 31, 2013, 07:44:31 PM »

She's cashed!

11 left with 8k ftw! Such a boss!

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
outragous76

View Profile
« Reply #16475 on: August 31, 2013, 07:46:28 PM »

She's cashed!

oioiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

FredW

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16476 on: August 31, 2013, 07:59:47 PM »

What a great start to our new found stable Smiley

Got a message off Liv Boeree who says she's also interested in joining but not sure if she's got what it takes Cheesy
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16477 on: August 31, 2013, 08:02:30 PM »

Awesome. GL GL

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16478 on: August 31, 2013, 08:03:04 PM »

She's cashed!

Watch and learn!

Wink

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #16479 on: August 31, 2013, 08:03:25 PM »

She's cashed!

This is where our 2k went?  Gl gl

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #16480 on: August 31, 2013, 09:35:25 PM »

Aww 10th, but what a great result! Her biggest ever tournament by far and she did awesome.

Fred and Mitch are taking her to the PokerStars party to get her drunk, I'm grinding a satellite Sad

Doing well though, deece shout at a ept seat Smiley

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16481 on: August 31, 2013, 09:45:11 PM »

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #16482 on: August 31, 2013, 10:11:52 PM »

Haha, incred tekkers  wp!

Good luck in the sat m8

BMoney

View Profile
« Reply #16483 on: September 01, 2013, 04:32:35 AM »

All the high-fives!

Congrats!
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #16484 on: September 01, 2013, 08:52:25 AM »

A brief update from what has been the most amazing holiday so far.

Florence is just gorgeous, the buildings, the river, the streets, the food. Everything is so beautiful, and so Italian , I love it.

Thank you all for your recommendations, it's never possible to visit everything, especially since we only had one full day there and two half days. But Beth, we went to your restaurant and loved it, very reasonably priced too and splendid location (splendid? Sounding really posh these days).

We walked around the city for hours, eating ice creams, nipping into little shops and markets. We spent time by the gorgeous river Arno, and the bridges across it and just generally had a lovely time.

They were all out of beer again

We planned to visit the Uffizi and all that cultural stuff on the third day before our train at 3, but without buying tickets in advance, we found queues over an hour long for every major place and getting in impossible. We'll know for next time.

We caught our train south by a matter of seconds, and met my Dad in the tiny 'Borgo a Mozzano' train station at around 5pm. He drove us up the extremely windy mountain roads and into the hidden tiny village of San Romano. There is one other village in sight in this mountain range, which is just miles and miles of lush green forests with the odd lake.

It is my 4th time in this particular villa, and the 5th consecutive year my Dad has rented it out. It's absolute serenity. So peaceful and beautiful. No people, no noises, no cars, no phones or computers. I haven't actually had this much peace and quiet since I was last here two years ago.

He is with his partner, her brother, and a friend from his Eton school days Harry (writes "the slow lane" in the Sunday FT of anyone reads that!) and his partner.

Victoria excelled herself in the "girlfriend" role and I'm pretty sure my dad "approves" Cheesy. Everyone seemed to get on well. She cooked us all dinner one night and she was an absolute star all round.  I had my current affairs brushed up on, something you miss out on with in nandos with the boys in Nottingham. Not that I mind at all, I don't follow any of that stuff so couldn't really join in at all, but it was nice to listen to and listen to my Dad and Harry debate left vs right like they must've done for all 43 years of their friendship!

Victoria was keen to learn the game that has taken over my life over the last few months so I taught her the rules of open face Chinese.

Fred would not approve of this set - girls got no gamble!

She soon found out how good I run...

This all sounds very lovely and normal doesn't it? Such a far cry away from life in Nottingham. But the truth is I can't say that I am able to totally switch off from all that. It's great to feel normal, spend time with family, a beautiful girl, to wake up at 9 and go to bed at midnight - but I still have the demons in my head, wondering when I can next play OFC or counting down the days until the next chance for a big tournament score.

Any spare few minutes, perhaps when Victoria was getting ready, or if she went to the bathroom at dinner- I can't just sit there and do nothing- I am on my phone taking my OFC turn or checking blonde or something. It feels incredibly degenerate sometimes.

It's a blessing and a curse - to have many things in your life you love, but that some are so addictive or obsessing that you can't forget about them, even for a day in paradise.

Morning Alex.

This must be one of the most enjoyable Posts I have ever read on blonde, you conveyed such happiness & contentment.

Breath of fresh air.

Who knows what the future holds for you & Victoria, but those memories are forever.

PS - Your Dad's friend, "Harry" is Harry Eyres, I never miss his FT Column on Sundays. Did you realise he shares another common interest with you - the pianoforte?  Here's his column from last Sunday - a beautiful piece of writing, I think you'll agree.

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/2/aab2b296-0fc9-11e3-a258-00144feabdc0.html#axzz2dcmgIr24

You do keep very mixed company, equally comfortable with Kings & paupers so to speak, from Posh ex-Etonion FT Columnist Harry right down to Mitch. 

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Pages: 1 ... 1095 1096 1097 1098 [1099] 1100 1101 1102 1103 ... 1316 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: