blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 09:35:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272572 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Prose from a Poshboy
Pages: 1 ... 1163 1164 1165 1166 [1167] 1168 1169 1170 1171 ... 1316 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Prose from a Poshboy  (Read 2559161 times)
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #17490 on: June 29, 2014, 08:01:09 PM »

Presumably Alex wins this, & Simon comes 2nd, & Mitch min cashes.

Good luck all.

Tikay on form with the even money forecasts Smiley

cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #17491 on: June 29, 2014, 08:47:11 PM »

Busted in 15 minutes...Pool time, then rail Deadman ship this thing!

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
iangascoigne

Just getting started.

View Profile
« Reply #17492 on: June 29, 2014, 10:08:25 PM »

Sorry to see the bust but great to see you posting again Alex. Keep it up,always a fun read and making me want to have a little adventure soon......

Father of Ed and Alice, grandfather to Toby. That is enough for anyone. Twitter @IanGas
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #17493 on: June 30, 2014, 06:58:49 PM »

Simon Deadman gets the boys out of it - Who'd have seen that coming?

So....yesterday...Busting a day 3 with $350k ftw in the first 15 minutes wasn't exactly a great set-up for an awesome day. But somehow, it turned into one of the best days ever.

I chilled by the pool for a couple of hours, watched the Greece game and starting drinking on my own and tried to rally the troops and get a rail going.

The M resort is about 25 minutes out of town so it wasn't going to be easy to get a squad going but in dribs and drabs, they came.

Dinner break, pre arrival of Jack Allen, Yiannis, Sin, Fraser and Liam
 Click to see full-size image.

After dinner the rail started, and drinks flowing heavily. There was tons of degeneracy on the rail including a sprint between Mitch and Fred (which was ruled as a dead heat, controversially). Callum challenged me to "the plank" for $25 but I had to start 30 seconds before him - that was foolish of him...And when ever Deadman shipped a pot we all stopped what we were doing to make some sort of noise / random chant.

I found myself inebriated to the point that I was cheering in the wrong cards for Deadman. One pretty comedy moment was 3 handed, he gets Kiity allin with his A6 vs her 33, and the board runs out 52K3 and I'm cheering for a 5 and telling the rail he needs a 5 - a 4 pops off on the river and it took Deadman nodding to the rail and shaking Kitty's hand for us to realise (well, me to realise) that he's won.

The moment he won was a really really special moment to be a part of. He was so overcome with emotion, visibly shaking as he hugged the rail, you could really tell how much all the 2nd places had been playing on his mind, and how good it felt to finally close one out, get a title and win shit loads of cash of course! So happy for him, what a remarkable year he's had. He honestly was my first inspiration in poker, when I started dealing at DTD, he was the first guy that inspired me and there really isn't a soul in this world that could begrudge him his success.

Having 10% made the day even sweeter and is a pretty decent saver to make up for my subpar performance.

It was too late to go out, but there'll be a celebration night out soon for sure, I can't wait. Rolled into bed and looked out the window to see this view - what a place this is...

« Last Edit: June 30, 2014, 07:02:46 PM by cambridgealex » Logged

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #17494 on: July 01, 2014, 12:59:45 PM »

ahhh, a Vegas rail wouldn't be a vegas rail without some well meaning drunk cheering in the wrong cards Smiley

A least it went the right way round, incredibely bad for morale if a 5 rolls off and you starting going bonkers lol

cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #17495 on: July 01, 2014, 04:48:21 PM »

Great day of poker yesterday, wasn't planning to play the $1500 mix max, was gonna just chill, shop, and play a short cash session but woke up with an urge to give it a bash and it went swimmingly.

Built up the biggest day 1 stack I can remember building, spinning 4500 into 75k, which is good for over double average, and we're basically in the money for day two. HEAT! Safe to say was pretty golden all day.

Can't wait for today, it's all 6max on day two, which should be really fun around the bubble. Then it's 4max tomorrow, so extra incentive to make day 3!

180 left and I think like $450k ftw. Loving all these deep runs and sweats, this never happens lol, I go so many streaks in live tournaments of 10, 15, 20 comps in a row without a cash but usually make the cashes count - now I'm cashing everything but not making it count! Silly tournaments!

I had two Vegas flags in total from my previous 2 world series, now I've got 6 - I feel this one is a great chance to make it count - can't wait.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
atdc21

View Profile
« Reply #17496 on: July 01, 2014, 11:25:46 PM »

GL Alex, good to see you posting again.

No point feeding a pig Truffles if he's happy eating shit.
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #17497 on: July 02, 2014, 03:39:23 AM »

Really brutal day - started off great, turning 75k into 105k in the first half hour. Average was around 35k at this point, then lost a 155k pot with 88 vs JJ on KJ85r, he bets flop 5100, I and one other call, turn he bets 28k with 35k back or something. So cold, can never fold, and it's to have over 4x average itm of a bracelet event with 150 left.

Felt like a real punch to the stomach, then grinded 20-30bbs for an hour or two, laddered some spots then reshoved AQ into AK, gg.

Did some therapy shopping for a couple hours after and now getting ready to go out for a nice meal with everyone then maybe a show.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #17498 on: July 02, 2014, 03:43:19 AM »

Unlucky in the comp mate, hopefully saving a huge heater for the main!

TR on restaurant/show please.

cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #17499 on: July 03, 2014, 10:21:34 PM »

Tuesday - Didn't go to a show (I feel I've seen all the good ones now) but went to Julian Serrano again for some amazing tapas. I love it there, and the service is so quick and not too pricey given the quality of the food.

Yesterday was really fun. Played the $1111 baby onedrop, had two bullets but no good. That misfortune turned out to set up a pretty awesome afternoon/evening. Chilled by the pool in the 5pm afternoon sun which is the perfect time, then had this awesome beef carpaccio / blue cheese pizza flatbread thing for a light dinner which was sooooo good.

Then I went to play cash at the Rio. Sat in a 5/10 for a while, was very reggy, moved tables, also very reggy so quit losing a bowl. Then saw some open face Chinese pineapple games going on.

Now $10/point pineapple is the smallest they run, and that's pretty big. I've played plenty of £5 regular open face before, but the variance in pineapple is probably 3 times as big so this was by far the biggest stakes I'd ever played. I set myself a $1k stop loss and sat down. Played about an hour and was swinging about a few hundred either side of b/e, then heatered bigtime, including making straight flush, flush, 77 in fantasy land which was a $600 hand, plus retrigger fantasy which was pretty sweet.

Quit winning $1700 as I heard everyone was in the pit playing craps so fancied having a few drinks and enjoying my winnings. Booked my first winning craps session since 2012 and then we switched to Ultimate Texas Holdem (except Jack who's determined to make his 3 hour craps training video session pay off!) and had some fun swings there but ending up about even, but severely intoxicated so that's a win in my book!

It was 5am by this point, there was talk of venturing elsewhere but we ended up going directly home Cheesy

Having another go at the one drop today, not long until the main event now...
« Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 10:24:23 PM by cambridgealex » Logged

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
pokerfan

View Profile
« Reply #17500 on: July 04, 2014, 09:01:41 PM »

My sister is out there travelling alone, any chance I can pass her number on so she can meet up with you guys ?

GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #17501 on: July 04, 2014, 09:26:56 PM »

My sister is out there travelling alone, any chance I can pass her number on so she can meet up with you guys ?

I'm just gonna help the boys out here.

pics of sister needed first obv.

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
pokerfan

View Profile
« Reply #17502 on: July 04, 2014, 10:24:46 PM »

Right of picture

verndog158

omgpoker

View Profile
« Reply #17503 on: July 04, 2014, 11:37:54 PM »

id suggest she passes, ive been out with those guys... id rather water my pet rock then do it again. especially if fred is there...

ignore verndog he's a fool

'he had a deep run in EPT Barnsley'
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #17504 on: July 04, 2014, 11:46:55 PM »

Tell her to come to Hakkasan on Saturday night (Calvin Harris), ask the VIP host for my table and introduce herself!

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
Pages: 1 ... 1163 1164 1165 1166 [1167] 1168 1169 1170 1171 ... 1316 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: