blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 07:00:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272539 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Prose from a Poshboy
Pages: 1 ... 1185 1186 1187 1188 [1189] 1190 1191 1192 1193 ... 1316 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Prose from a Poshboy  (Read 2557289 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #17820 on: November 26, 2014, 10:06:17 AM »

Alex,

Can you explain this?

Jakally WON an MTT last night. WON it. You know, came 1st.

AND busted 13 players along the way.

jakally   1767000   1   £353.40 + £99.47 Head Prizes   13   
fordie62   0   2   £192.90 + £31.77 Head Prizes   7   
Mizroe   0   3   £114.12 + £27.71 Head Prizes   7   
lazygoat   0   4   £90.56 + £1.88 Head Prizes   1   
TimmyRaRa   0   5   £75.10 + £25.93 Head Prizes   6   
kettle9930   0   6   £60.37 + £52.18 Head Prizes   18   

« Last Edit: November 26, 2014, 10:09:35 AM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #17821 on: November 26, 2014, 01:57:33 PM »

No way! He did say the other week that you'd been giving him some tips but I thought once you get to his age you never learn, but apparently he has so well done him!

I'm in London for a few days playing the Unibet open and hiroller with plenty of cash game action on the side.

Got in a huge hole last night then got out of it which is always a great feeling.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #17822 on: November 27, 2014, 01:50:06 PM »

For once, I'm actually loving this trip to London.

Staying out of the centre certainly helps. Really like the Westfield Stratford area and there's some nice places around there too. So much better than the Vic imo.

Got up at midday to get myself on the list for the Unibet "golden cash game" which was televised and streamed online. Tough to get a seat but by about 11pm I was in.

It was £5/10/25 so a big game and I was told I had to splash about a bit, "entertain" as the stream had complaints it was boring viewing at times. Not easy to do that in such a big game and there's certainly an argument "why should I?" But I know how the politics of these things work now so just got amongst it. Round of jaeger bombs and beers and we were off!

I only knew Jamie Roberts and Jamie Sykes from the lineup but of course recognised the legend Teddy Sheringham! Isildur was in my seat before me, really wanted to play with him but sadly he quit.

The biggest pot I played was as follows:

Jamie Sykes opens button on my straddle for £75, the small blind calls and I call with

, sb leads £100, I call, Jamie £275, sb allin £3200 I call Jamie folds.

Sb has and doesn't get there.

The game was breaking and we were short handed for the last hour. Lost some back but finished up  nicely.

Fred went home for an early night at around 2 but on my way out at 430 I spotted the bearded one on blackjack....uhoh.

He had spun £50 into £6k!!! Ridiculous man. We dragged him outta there as soon as we could lol.

Meeting Dad and Mark for lunch now, then open face chinese comp at 5pm. Main event tomorrow.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #17823 on: November 27, 2014, 01:52:30 PM »

What? Are you kidding me?

sb leads £100, I call, Jamie £275, sb allin £3200 I call Jamie folds.

Yikes.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #17824 on: November 27, 2014, 07:34:56 PM »

What? Are you kidding me?

sb leads £100, I call, Jamie £275, sb allin £3200 I call Jamie folds.

Yikes.

You amazed that Alex called with only a 6? Smiley

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #17825 on: November 29, 2014, 02:13:18 AM »

Another great couple of days in London.

Came 2nd in the open face chinese tournament which was made twice as fun by my 100% crossbook with Fred who was first out!

Today played the main event (1100euro, got 399 runners, recognised about 6 people in the field!) and made day two with 109k with average at about 75/80 ish.

Disappointed with myself because I did a big spew halfway through the day, but thankfully was able to get it back and finish at more or less what I had before that hand. Need to get a good nights sleep tonight and really focus tomorrow. This is a great tournament, so really don't wanna fk up again like I did in WPT.

There's a £2k hiroller tomorrow at 5pm but think i'll skip it even if I do bust in time to play it. Not expecting more than 10 or 20 runners I don't think.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
iangascoigne

Just getting started.

View Profile
« Reply #17826 on: November 29, 2014, 10:24:05 AM »

Good luck today Alex. Pleased that you are posting regularly again.

Father of Ed and Alice, grandfather to Toby. That is enough for anyone. Twitter @IanGas
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #17827 on: November 29, 2014, 10:31:48 AM »

Gukpt not having much luck with the clashes. 

Good luck today Alex

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #17828 on: November 29, 2014, 10:44:45 AM »

Good luck today Posh Boy.

Amazed to see Unibet & the GUKPT clash. I'm sure there must be a good reason, but that's pretty unfortunate for all parties.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #17829 on: November 29, 2014, 01:02:36 PM »

Good luck Alex!

Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #17830 on: November 29, 2014, 01:59:18 PM »

Good luck Alex!

Andrew Charles Blacklock - Lived for those he loved and those he loved remember.
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #17831 on: November 30, 2014, 01:50:04 AM »

Disaster!

So I went from 108 to 190 in the first hand holding with KK vs a flush draw.

Then lost every pot for an hour to go down to 120 which was still plenty.

Then we got stuck in with the as you do...

Cue the three diamonds flop, there's a bet by me, a raise from villain, a call from me.

check check

I bet 57k into about 80k, with 17k back. Villain thinks for a bit and announces call. Happy days, I'm a bit embarrassed to turn it over, but very happy to scoop the nice pot and be over 200k.

Oh no. He has Queens full!

I was in shock for a bit lol, but didn't really react, just said nh. Then I doubled through the same guy, back to 50k, felt like I was freerolling. The guy then lost his whole 300k stack. Then I followed him out the door 66<A3o. Brick flop, 3 turn 3 river.

Had a really nice afternoon and evening catching up with an old friend then went to play cash and lost £3k. Mostly to Fred in one hand. All the trips profit gone in one hand.

What a terrible day! Oh well 4 good days, 1 bad, I'll take that as a win even if the bank won't!

Barcelona tomorrow then Prague on the 3rd.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2014, 01:53:24 AM by cambridgealex » Logged

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #17832 on: December 01, 2014, 06:52:34 AM »

Morning Alex.

Congrats on a splendid result in last night's Mega-Roller.

Thought you might actually have tried to win it, but never mind, a podium finish is not so bad.

cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #17833 on: December 01, 2014, 03:57:33 PM »

Morning Alex.

Congrats on a splendid result in last night's Mega-Roller.

Thought you might actually have tried to win it, but never mind, a podium finish is not so bad.

Thanks Teeks.

Was one of those sessions where I didn't cash a single tournament then one tabled that to (almost) glory.

Gonna try and have 3 complete days off now before Prague. Have played pretty much every single day for a month so need some rest really to recharge the batteries.

Shame the weather even in Barcelona sucks!

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #17834 on: December 02, 2014, 02:39:15 PM »

Prague

Off to Prague tomorrow for the 5th time. I've got some demons to lay to rest there so I'm hoping to right some wrongs and have a good trip.

My schedule is built around these 5 events.

4/5th WPT National €2k
7/8th Eureka Main €1.1k
9th Open Face Chinese World Championships! €1.1k
10th Eureka Hiroller €2.2k
11/12th EPT Main €5.3k

With side events, cash games and maaaaaybe the odd night out in between if I have a free day the next day.

We've got an 8 man apartment that'll be home to the following team at various points during the trip:

The forgotten man Tom "I lost my passport" High. Tom lost his passport and had to miss the last Prague trip and hasn't been on a trip abroad with us since. Has had his best ever year this year and will be good to have him back on the tour.

Ben "What a life" Dobson - Ben is newly married, has a cabinet full of trophies and mattress full of cash. 2 weeks ago chopped the sunday milli and came 2nd in the super tuesday. Last week - nothing. He's due to bink in Prague.

Scott "Fat Scott" Margerrererererson - Scott won 2 WCOOPs in 3 days earlier this year for combined $300k yet constantly complains about how stupid tournaments are and how cash games are more profitable. Can often be found patronising live pros about how best to play and will defend his rash plays vs 95 year old grannies by saying things like "But it's an 18% ante!".

Steve "Swarbs" Warburton. The anti Scott. Steve is a live pro with some serious game. Gets it quietly and is one of the most popular guys on the circuit. Poke him the wrong way and you might just get him to blow though...

"Mincash" Mitch Johnson. Also happily married this year but is anything but happy with his tournament results over the last few years. The "nearly man" of the group, this guy has more cashes on his hendon mob than Dan Colman and Ole Schemion but lacks the luck at that crucial stage. A key part of any trip and can lift morale in any situation.

Fred "The beard to be feared" Wise. Degenerate personified. Broke one minute, got the lot the next. Rinse and repeat 10-15 times per year. He has the lot at this precise moment thanks to a £50 spin up on blackjack last week, but he can lose it faster than he can win it so who knows whether he'll even make the trip. Has been known to have his entire net worth on the line in one tournament, then need to sell action to buy food, then buy that action back at a cut rate once he spins some cash back up. This guy will make the trip eventful that's for sure.

Andrew "Stato" Hulme. This man has experienced the serious extremes of tournament variance of the past two or three years. A talented wordsmith as well as cardsman, this guy has had a rough year but still plays better poker than the rest of us, runs worse and moans less. A houseload of fun on any trip, really hope the big man gets a big score this time.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
Pages: 1 ... 1185 1186 1187 1188 [1189] 1190 1191 1192 1193 ... 1316 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: