blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 03:06:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Prose from a Poshboy
Pages: 1 ... 1310 1311 1312 1313 [1314] 1315 1316 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Prose from a Poshboy  (Read 2561893 times)
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #19695 on: June 24, 2023, 06:18:24 PM »

Also invest in the chip makers making the most high powered chips to drive the massive data centres needed for AI -Nvidia and the like

sola virtus nobilitat
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #19696 on: June 24, 2023, 06:20:43 PM »

Also invest in the chip makers making the most high powered chips to drive the massive data centres needed for AI -Nvidia and the like

Yes I'm small in Nvidia. Missed the big rush tho

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #19697 on: June 29, 2023, 05:53:48 PM »

A Rollercoaster Ride in Vegas: Poker Tournaments and Unyielding Hope

As the neon lights illuminate the Las Vegas skyline, I find myself amidst the thrilling chaos of the poker tournaments. The cards have been dealt, the chips have been stacked, and the atmosphere is electric. Yet, my journey thus far has been a series of ups and downs, filled with both triumph and disappointment. With each hand, I've discovered the unpredictable nature of the game and the resilience required to navigate its treacherous waters.

Picture this: a nerve-wracking moment where I held pocket aces, feeling an adrenaline rush course through my veins. The excitement was palpable as the community cards unfolded, teasing the possibility of a momentous win. But alas, fate had other plans, and my opponent's two-pair trumped my seemingly unbeatable hand. Such is the nature of poker—unforgiving and relentless. Yet, in the face of defeat, I remain undeterred.

Amidst the setbacks, I've found solace in the camaraderie of fellow players. Engaging in conversations that transcend the game itself, we share tales of triumph and hardship, forming an unspoken bond. There's a certain magic in the air as we exchange strategies, anecdotes, and the occasional bad beat story. It's a reminder that even in the midst of losses, the spirit of the game and the pursuit of victory endure.

As the Vegas nights continue to unfold, I remain hopeful for the rest of my trip. I understand that poker is a fickle mistress, capable of turning fortunes in an instant. With unwavering determination, I'm ready to embrace the challenges that lie ahead. The allure of a breakthrough victory beckons, tantalizingly within reach. With each hand dealt, I'm reminded of the inherent uncertainty of this game, but also the unyielding hope that fuels every poker player's spirit.

Stay tuned for more updates from the thrilling world of poker in Las Vegas, where the cards hold secrets and the tables are filled with dreams waiting to be realized.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #19698 on: June 29, 2023, 06:45:22 PM »

Most lyrically waxed that man.

Let's hope fortune smiles upon you soonest.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #19699 on: June 29, 2023, 07:27:15 PM »

I can almost sense the looming presence of AI.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19700 on: June 30, 2023, 07:06:40 AM »

I am Bender, please insert girder.

The older I get, the better I was.
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #19701 on: June 30, 2023, 04:18:44 PM »

Navigating the Storm: Finding Hope in Challenging Times

---

Yesterday was a day filled with challenges, testing my resilience as the eagerly anticipated main event drew near. The weight of the tough moments weighed heavily upon me, and with each passing hour, hope seemed to dwindle. The road leading up to this pinnacle had been paved with setbacks, leaving me questioning if I had what it takes to rise above the obstacles and seize the victory I yearned for.

As the main event loomed on the horizon, doubts began to creep into my mind. The setbacks of the previous day cast a shadow over my aspirations, threatening to diminish the flickering flame of hope within. It was in these moments of uncertainty that I had to summon my inner strength, reminding myself that resilience often emerges from the depths of adversity.

Yet, even amidst the challenges, I refused to surrender to despair. The journey to this point had been filled with both triumphs and tribulations, and I recognized that tough days were an inevitable part of the path to success. With each setback, I sought solace in the knowledge that every obstacle presented an opportunity for growth and self-discovery. The flickering flame of hope within me may have dimmed, but it remained resilient, ready to be rekindled as the main event approached.

In the face of a tough day, I embraced the uncertainty, understanding that the road to victory is rarely smooth. It was during these trying moments that I learned to dig deep within myself, finding strength and determination to persevere. As the main event rapidly approached, I clung to the belief that hope, though tested, would never truly fade away. With renewed determination, I resolved to face the challenges head-on, knowing that in the crucible of adversity, true champions are forged.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
edgascoigne

Newbury Racecourse's Best Dressed Gent. And What?

View Profile
« Reply #19702 on: June 30, 2023, 07:20:03 PM »

Clearly penned by AIex Goulder

Hope you’re keeping well, Al

Allez!!
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #19703 on: June 30, 2023, 07:27:18 PM »

Clearly penned by AIex Goulder

Hope you’re keeping well, Al

Very subtle...

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #19704 on: July 01, 2023, 05:13:01 AM »

Alright I'll come clean the AI overlords hacked my account for those last two posts, you passed the test.

How I really feel: I can't wait to be home and be rid of my unhealthy addiction to tournament poker.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #19705 on: July 01, 2023, 09:04:14 AM »

Alright I'll come clean the AI overlords hacked my account for those last two posts, you passed the test.

How I really feel: I can't wait to be home and be rid of my unhealthy addiction to tournament poker.

Morning Alex.

It was not exactly the toughest test, to be fair.

And if that sort of writing is where AI takes us, God help us all. It reminded me of a puff e-Mail from Virgin Atlantic or Sky TV.

That aside, I hope the rest of your trip goes better.

cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #19706 on: July 01, 2023, 11:06:59 AM »

I wrote this at 913pm local time. Friday night. Sulking in the room again....Get a text from Lord Gazza. He's busted the satellite. No big surprise there. He's wandering over to Paris to say hi to Mitch and Phil who are playing PLO. I decide to stop rotting and trundle down to join for a drink.

On my way I bump into Andy Wilson, who's grinning like a cheshire cat at the prospect of max late regging the $400 Collosus with 10bbs. He says I should be doing the same. I say absolutely not I'm done with poker for the day, I'd had 4 bullets at the $1100 pokernews cup and was over it.

By the end of the walk I've changed my mind. I told you I had an addiction...

We join a verrrry long late reg line, and with 8 minutes left until my 10bbs becomes 8, I take my seat.

I look down at two black aces. There's two allins in front of me, 33k each. OK then...I call. 7k behind in case a bad flop comes out I can get away. three clubs and although I sense my opponents both like this flop, I decide I have to go with my bullets.

I'm up against and ! Gotta dodge half the deck!

Long story short, I've bagged up 950k treble average Cheesy

We'll need to final table to get out of it, but hey we've got as good as chance as any I guess!

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #19707 on: July 01, 2023, 11:12:40 AM »

BOOM.

Great news, well done. But no more AI posts please.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #19708 on: July 06, 2023, 01:25:55 PM »

BOOM.

Great news, well done. But no more AI posts please.

Awesome stuff Grin

GLGL!

Jorje3
Probation

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19709 on: September 06, 2023, 06:51:53 AM »

thank you bro

Pages: 1 ... 1310 1311 1312 1313 [1314] 1315 1316 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: