blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 07:57:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272537 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Diary Of A Fenland Punterer
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 63 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Diary Of A Fenland Punterer  (Read 144369 times)
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2011, 06:52:21 PM »

Going to enjoy reading this

Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2011, 07:02:02 PM »

What are your views on course watering? And what affect does this have on the draw?

Ever backed  belgium to win the eurovision song contest?

You've so been on google ffs

Belgium would have been six-figure binkage (125-1, 100-1, 80-1, 66-1). They were clear Turkey's year with two juries left but then only picked up one more point and got gubbed on the line. Could've laid as much as I wanted at 1.01 on Betty but only took £10k out of them. Biggest mistake I've ever made. Was pretty smashed by that point and up dancing on the table like Drainy was at the G before he got grounded.

Three of us killed the ESC for a few years before youtube meant everyone could see the entries at the same time as us. Used to get a CD posted by a ESC addict from the west country, guy called Johnny Chan. Truly. He still runs a website extolling the virtues of Ledbury.

It was us that kicked off the Ukraine gamble. From 16-1 down to 3-1 on the night. It wasn't us all the way though. Think Isiris or one of those big tipping services latched on to it at around 8-1. Good night that. Go Ruslana!
« Last Edit: January 06, 2011, 07:04:13 PM by Chompy » Logged

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2011, 09:08:21 PM »

Excellent start Mr Dole-Queue man.

Please write an Idiots Guide to Spreads Betting, & IR stuff.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2011, 09:10:07 PM »

What's your line on this gibberish nonsense? Would you really bet on this stuff? I get these, & their like, daily, from upstairs.

Sawalha and Rippon favourites to be frozen out of Dancing On Ice

Dancing On Ice kicks off with a twist this year: two celebrities will be booted off before they even join the show proper and Sky Bet has opened betting on which duo will be dropped.

Half of this year’s crop of 16 celebrities will take to the ice on Sunday’s launch show and the three who receive least public votes will face the skate-off, with the two least popular celebrities hanging up their skates. The new-look judging panel of Emma Bunton, Jason Gardiner and Robin Cousins will have no say in who goes.

Sky Bet make actress Nadia Sawalha favourite to be axed at 11/10, with ex-newsreader Angela Rippon second favourite at 11/8.

War hero Johnson Beharry is next in the elimination betting at 5/2, together with TV presenter Jeff Brazier.

Former Coronation street actor Stephen Arnold is 3/1 to be axed, with US rapper Vanilla Ice a 7/2 shot.

Kerry Katona, who recently cracked two ribs in training, is a 5/1 outsider to be one of the two eliminees and is proving a popular bet to win Dancing On Ice at 10/1.

Nickelodeon presenter Laura Hamilton, who is 7/2 second favourite to win the show and described by Christopher Dean as a ‘speed demon’, is 7/2 to be knocked out.

Sky Bet’s Helen Jacob said: “With the public in control on Sunday, the best skaters and the biggest household names should benefit, while those who fall into neither camp are going to struggle to make the cut and we fear Nadia and Angela might be skating on thin ice.”

The remaining eight contestants will skate the following Sunday, when another two will leave the contest before the competition gets properly underway in week three.

Former EastEnders star Sam Attwater is Sky Bet’s early 9/4 favourite to win Dancing On Ice.

Dancing On Ice Week 1 double elimination
Nadia Sawalha 11/10, Angela Rippon 11/8,Jeff Brazier 5/2, Johnson Beharry 5/2, Stephen Arnold 3/1, Vanilla Ice 7/2, Laura Hamilton 7/2, Kerry Katona 5/1
Note: Which 2 celebs will come bottom of the public vote and be eliminated on Sunday?

Dancing On Ice Winner
Sam Attwater 9/4, Laura Hamilton 7/2, Jennifer Metcalfe, 6/1 Jeff Brazier 7/1, Kerry Katona 10/1, Johnson Beharry 16/1, Vanilla Ice 20/1, Chloe Madeley 20/1, Dave Vitty 20/1, Denise Welch 22/1, Elen Rives 22/1, Craig McLachlan 25/1, Steven Arnold 28/1, Nadia Sawalha 28/1,Angela Rippon 33/1, Dominic Cork 33/1.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
claypole

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2011, 11:51:03 PM »

This is going to be my thread of the year, great start Chompy, never knew all this - in the couple fo times I have shared a poker table with you I guess it didn't come up as you busted me shortly after I established we both posted on blonde and I occasionally played Luton (I think within 4 hands at the Venetian!)

Keep it up, looking forward to a few gambles through the year to get on!
the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2011, 12:14:50 AM »

We want more tales of death and mayhem..oh wait thats my one..better get back to it..

Just because you don't like it...... It doesn't mean it's not the truth
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2011, 01:14:52 AM »

GL with this

Why are you not as good a tipster as five years ago? I am assuming you IR stuff involves very little tipping as such?

Sprintline is a tipping service you run?

Betting IR you watch races in a different way. Looking for horses to back in this race, or to lay. Not looking for future promise, which is all I used to look for.
Six, five, four, three years ago I was covering loads of meetings for the Racing Post all Flat season and knew a lot of horses well. Now I can watch a sprint handicap and not know much about any of them. Just one of those things. Not complaining though, IR has changed everything.
SprintLine was the name of the page I've done for the Racing & Football Outlook for about eight years now. Weekly tipping piece essentially. Built up a good following among readers, but done it to death now.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
ripple11

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2011, 11:21:01 AM »

What's your line on this gibberish nonsense? Would you really bet on this stuff? I get these, & their like, daily, from upstairs.

Dancing On Ice kicks off with a twist this year: two celebrities will be booted off before they even join the show proper and Sky Bet has opened betting on which duo will be dropped.

Half of this year’s crop of 16 celebrities will take to the ice on Sunday’s launch show and the three who receive least public votes will face the skate-off, with the two least popular celebrities hanging up their skates. The new-look judging panel of Emma Bunton, Jason Gardiner and Robin Cousins will have no say in who goes.

Sky Bet make actress Nadia Sawalha favourite to be axed at 11/10, with ex-newsreader Angela Rippon second favourite at 11/8.

War hero Johnson Beharry is next in the elimination betting at 5/2, together with TV presenter Jeff Brazier.

Former Coronation street actor Stephen Arnold is 3/1 to be axed, with US rapper Vanilla Ice a 7/2 shot.

Kerry Katona, who recently cracked two ribs in training, is a 5/1 outsider to be one of the two eliminees and is proving a popular bet to win Dancing On Ice at 10/1.

Nickelodeon presenter Laura Hamilton, who is 7/2 second favourite to win the show and described by Christopher Dean as a ‘speed demon’, is 7/2 to be knocked out.

Sky Bet’s Helen Jacob said: “With the public in control on Sunday, the best skaters and the biggest household names should benefit, while those who fall into neither camp are going to struggle to make the cut and we fear Nadia and Angela might be skating on thin ice.”

The remaining eight contestants will skate the following Sunday, when another two will leave the contest before the competition gets properly underway in week three.

Former EastEnders star Sam Attwater is Sky Bet’s early 9/4 favourite to win Dancing On Ice.

Nadia Sawalha 11/10, Angela Rippon 11/8,Jeff Brazier 5/2, Johnson Beharry 5/2, Stephen Arnold 3/1, Vanilla Ice 7/2, Laura Hamilton 7/2, Kerry Katona 5/1
Note: Which 2 celebs will come bottom of the public vote and be eliminated on Sunday?

Dancing On Ice Winner
Sam Attwater 9/4, Laura Hamilton 7/2, Jennifer Metcalfe, 6/1 Jeff Brazier 7/1, Kerry Katona 10/1, Johnson Beharry 16/1, Vanilla Ice 20/1, Chloe Madeley 20/1, Dave Vitty 20/1, Denise Welch 22/1, Elen Rives 22/1, Craig McLachlan 25/1, Steven Arnold 28/1, Nadia Sawalha 28/1,Angela Rippon 33/1, Dominic Cork 33/1.

I think betting on this kind of event is fine if you think you have/get an edge on the betting.

Last year Bobby1 posted pre start ;

"I know this is sad, but I have been told that Hayley Tammaden is training really well in the Dancing on Ice thing. Apparently she is a trained dancer too so might be worth a bet at around 11/2 or 6/1."

....and some of us had a nice touch. Smiley
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2011, 11:22:47 AM »

As a Betfair man, what did you think of the whole Blatch thing?

Ever talk to him and think anything suspricious?

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2011, 11:29:37 AM »

It's all about angles innit? Don't see any point gambling otherwise, as you're basically guessing. Most gamblers are guessers.

A mate of mine likes correct scores on footie, which seems to keep him happy. It's usually £2.53 on Arsenal winning 4-2 or something. Once in a while he'll bink but it's just guesswork. "Arsenal should sneak it in a high scorer" he told me when they went to Old Trafford not long ago. WP sir.

Never watched Dancing On Shite, so won't be betting on it this year. But the idea of Kerry Katona being 10-1 is lol. The public sure adore her. Vanilla Ice is a no channer but not gonna be laying 20-1 shots. And Jeff Brazier is a tit, but I'll skip.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 11:37:55 AM by Chompy » Logged

Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2011, 11:36:44 AM »

As a Betfair man, what did you think of the whole Blatch thing?

Ever talk to him and think anything suspricious?

Wasn't surprised. It was all a bit sniffy from the start imo. Had forgotten when it all flared up but Lucky McBink asked me whether I thought it was worth getting involved with and I swayed him away from it. Sure doesn't run good Mr Plumjumperforxmas.
Same as in poker there's loads out there claiming to be killing it but most of it is blustery bravado. I'm not 100% these figures are right but they're the ones I've got stuck in my mind. Apparently...
0.7% of betty customers win £40k+ a year
0.1% of betty customers win £100k+ a year
Most of these guys are in the background, keeping it all nice and quiet. It's the noisy "I win this, I win that" characters that you want to be wary of. And that's what Blatch was like innit? Never spoke to the guy myself. Never on the same table.

The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2011, 11:40:14 AM »

Dancing On Ice Winner

I think betting on this kind of event is fine if you think you have/get an edge on the betting.

"I know this is sad, but I have been told that Hayley Tammaden is training really well in the Dancing on Ice thing. Apparently she is a trained dancer too so might be worth a bet at around 11/2 or 6/1."

Where has Bobby1 gone?

He hasn't posted since August.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2011, 12:12:51 PM »

Dancing On Ice Winner

Where has Bobby1 gone?

Funnily enough I got a PM from Bobby1 just before Xmas advising me to take the 4/1 about Sam Attwater.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
ripple11

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2011, 12:22:48 PM »

Dancing On Ice Winner

Where has Bobby1 gone?

Funnily enough I got a PM from Bobby1 just before Xmas advising me to take the 4/1 about Sam Attwater.

He kindly send me an email too. Fingers crossed again!
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2011, 12:23:38 PM »

Dancing On Ice Winner

Where has Bobby1 gone?

He kindly send me an email too. Fingers crossed again!

Bastard didn't send me one.

Cross me off that hope he's ok list! Smiley

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 63 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: