blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:36:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16944 Members
Latest Member: Blader
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Diary Of A Fenland Punterer
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 ... 63 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Diary Of A Fenland Punterer  (Read 143184 times)
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #150 on: January 15, 2011, 03:03:57 PM »

I swear I'll start blubbing if Kauto wins this. Go on the Kauto!

This

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #151 on: January 15, 2011, 03:05:49 PM »

Mccoy riding Kauto...and Kauto reaching..... Sad

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #152 on: January 15, 2011, 03:07:41 PM »

Well done Tom Segal.

BTW Chompy, have you ever wanted to punch Tom's face in just for making it look soo easy?

Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: January 15, 2011, 03:10:20 PM »

LOLZ, me and Tom both started out at Weatherbys back in the early 90s, same office for five years or so. He's famous now of course.
Always liked Tom, takes nothing seriously. Awesome tipsterer too, especially in big handicaps.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #154 on: January 15, 2011, 03:12:24 PM »

LOLZ, me and Tom both started out at Weatherbys back in the early 90s, same office for five years or so. He's famous now of course.
Always liked Tom, takes nothing seriously. Awesome tipsterer too, especially in big handicaps.

I'll take that as a yes Smiley He's just unreal.

Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: January 15, 2011, 03:32:29 PM »

Ferguson out!

Boooooooooooooooo!

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: January 15, 2011, 08:48:14 PM »

Wow! I'd have to say that was the best ever episode of 'In It To Win It'. Anyone else see it?

Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: January 15, 2011, 08:49:22 PM »

Wow! I'd have to say that was the best ever episode of 'In It To Win It'. Anyone else see it?

i watched it for the first time so i could know what you were on about.  glad i got to see the best one, coz i doubt i'll watch it again.

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: January 16, 2011, 12:15:32 PM »

Very sad to see Kauto beaten. Unless you work for a bookie.......

Question. Imagine you worked for a bookie, who took a lot of money on football betting. What sort of day would you think they had yesterday?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: January 16, 2011, 12:24:37 PM »

Question. Imagine you worked for a bookie, who took a lot of money on football betting. What sort of day would you think they had yesterday?

Chelsea, Arsenal and Man City all won at short prices and there were no draws in the Premiership.

Unless the bookie was worst price about all of those named they should have lost shed loads.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
ACE2M

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: January 16, 2011, 12:27:47 PM »

Chelsea, Arsenal and Man City all won at short prices and there were no draws in the Premiership.

Unless the bookie was worst price about all of those named they should have lost shed loads.

This. Been some great weeks this year though to make up for it.
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: January 16, 2011, 12:45:03 PM »

These punterers that put Man U, Arsenal, Chelsea, Rangers and Celtic in an acca every week. Do they really exist?

Poor old Kauto, looks like age and all those hard races at the top level have caught up with him. Never looked like he was gonna win yesterday but didn't have the heart to lay him. Nicholls no excuses.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: January 16, 2011, 12:57:00 PM »

This. Been some great weeks this year though to make up for it.

Spot on. Week after week, there has been an acca-buster, what an incred Season.

It had to end though, & yesterday was the day.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: January 16, 2011, 01:06:21 PM »

These punterers that put Man U, Arsenal, Chelsea, Rangers and Celtic in an acca every week. Do they really exist?

Poor old Kauto, looks like age and all those hard races at the top level have caught up with him. Never looked like he was gonna win yesterday but didn't have the heart to lay him. Nicholls no excuses.

Just a bit! It's quite common to see 50,000 or 100,000 "lines" which all embrace the regular favs. It only wants one to fail & it's a good day.

Singles betting rarely loses or wins much, & does not matter, because, relative to multiples & accas, it's very small, & VERY esaily managed.

So, days like yesterday are good for the punters, & bad for the bookies, obv.

If only winning punters had, on the same account, the ability to go & spin up their winnings on an Online Slots site, it'd be some clever business model. Oh, wait......

Suffice to say, Sky Vegas will have an awesome day today, as will the Poker Cash Tables.

Today's big matches will not, I fancy, win or lose much. The Liverpool derby will be largely cash-neutral, & I suppose Man Utd will cost a few bob if they win at WHL, but the price will be skinny. Doubles on the 2 matches will also be fairly spread, though winning or losing today will 100% hinge upon those 2 matches.

I adore seeing the "other side" of a bookmaker, it fulfils my urge to bet, without even betting.

This morning, I got the "Best & Worst Reslts of the Day", as usual, so I now have teams to support, or not.

Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: January 16, 2011, 01:17:48 PM »

I don't get it. At all. What's the point of having a £50 acca on five or six big guns every Saturday? What's your edge and what do you suppose you know that the bookies don't?
Bookies must love'em. Doing the same old bets even though the Premiership is far more competitive now and anyone can beat anyone on any given day. GG long term innit?

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 ... 63 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: