blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 08:10:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Diary Of A Fenland Punterer
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 ... 63 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Diary Of A Fenland Punterer  (Read 143279 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: January 16, 2011, 04:30:49 PM »

I've not seen today's football Resuts yet, but this just in, excuse the absence of actual numbers, as I'd get shot.

We have over xxk (big number!) running onto the draw in the Man utd vs Spurs game and could also do with Real Madrid not winning this evening.

So, for me, I know we've had a great day so far, & it might just get better, but if those 2 results go wrong, we could end up in the red. So I get my betting "fix" for free.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
ACE2M

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: January 16, 2011, 06:42:55 PM »

I've not seen today's football Resuts yet, but this just in, excuse the absence of actual numbers, as I'd get shot.

We have over xxk (big number!) running onto the draw in the Man utd vs Spurs game and could also do with Real Madrid not winning this evening.

So, for me, I know we've had a great day so far, & it might just get better, but if those 2 results go wrong, we could end up in the red. So I get my betting "fix" for free.

i'm surprised you're allowed to be that detailed. Out of interest tikay, (i'm surprised you get the daily figures), is that standard throughout the company?

i wish i could talk about the numbers.
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: January 16, 2011, 09:02:49 PM »

What you do and for whom acey? If you don't mind me asking? And how much more do you like my diary than Celtic's?

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: January 17, 2011, 01:13:55 AM »

Official Press Release from Sky Bet this evening.

Bookies bashed by Sunday stalemates

Football punters across the country are celebrating after all four of Sunday’s Premier League matches all ended in draws.

It was definitely not a Super Sunday for the bookies, as Sky Bet were one of the companies left reeling from the unlikely 108/1 four-fold result. 

There were 1-1 stalemates in the midlands derby between Birmingham and Aston Villa as well as the Sunderland v Newcastle Tyne-Wear derby. Liverpool came from behind to rescue a 2-2 draw in the 215th Merseyside derby, before 10-man Manchester United held out for a goalless draw at White Hart Lane against Tottenham.

Sky Bet’s PR Director Dale Tempest said: “Normally bookmakers cheer whenever they get a Premier league draw but not today.

“All four Sunday games looked tight affairs but it was incredible how many customers put the draws together in multiple bets.”

He added: “When we saw over £100,000 running onto the draw in the Tottenham v Manchester United game we knew we were in trouble.”

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: January 17, 2011, 01:23:58 AM »

i'm surprised you're allowed to be that detailed. Out of interest tikay, (i'm surprised you get the daily figures), is that standard throughout the company?

I'm not sure I am, to be honest, & maybe I should not have been quite so open. I'll  be more discrete henceforth! However, the Statement above is an "Official Release" which says much the same as I did, earlier. Far point you make, though.

I don't know who, in the Company, does & does not get the numbers. I just know I get the Daily Report, the Weekly Report, & the Weekly "Directors" Report.

They are a refreshingly open company with their Staff, & it encourages "ownership".

We see every single number, from every angle, compared with last week, last year, against Forecast, the lot, & there's a weekly "Thermometer Scale" for the 4 main companies, plus a Group one, so we all know the numbers we have to try & hit.

But these are "margin" (stakes less payouts, or Slots "hold", total poker rake & fees etc) & thus are only Gross Profit before Overheads. We never see, or know, the net profit. No need to, either. Each of the SB&G companies have central functions, Executive staff, compliance, back office, casher, IT, etc, so it would be impossible to properly assess operating costs per unit.

The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: January 17, 2011, 02:04:38 AM »

I'm not sure I am, to be honest, & maybe I should not have been quite so open. I'll  be more discrete henceforth! However, the Statement above is an "Official Release" which says much the same as I did, earlier. Far point you make, though.

I don't know who, in the Company, does & does not get the numbers. I just know I get the Daily Report, the Weekly Report, & the Weekly "Directors" Report.

They are a refreshingly open company with their Staff, & it encourages "ownership".

We see every single number, from every angle, compared with last week, last year, against Forecast, the lot, & there's a weekly "Thermometer Scale" for the 4 main companies, plus a Group one, so we all know the numbers we have to try & hit.

But these are "margin" (stakes less payouts, or Slots "hold", total poker rake & fees etc) & thus are only Gross Profit before Overheads. We never see, or know, the net profit. No need to, either. Each of the SB&G companies have central functions, Executive staff, compliance, back office, casher, IT, etc, so it would be impossible to properly assess operating costs per unit.

From my experience the figures claimed by PR men of bookmakers are pure BS.

One claimed that a punters stood to win over a million pounds on a white Christmas.

http://www.williamhillmedia.com/index_template.asp?file=15790

Like they would take £200k in bets on such a market.

They won't lay £200 ew on a 5/1 shot in a channel 4 horse race, yet we are supposed to believe they would lay a White Christmas to lose a million.

I don't doubt Skybet had "£100k running on the draw" in the Tottenham/Man U game.

I don't believe Skybet lost 300k on the matches though. The PR men conveniently forget to deduct losing bets from the figure.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2011, 02:06:19 AM by The Camel » Logged

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
ACE2M

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: January 17, 2011, 02:09:18 AM »

I'm not sure I am, to be honest, & maybe I should not have been quite so open. I'll  be more discrete henceforth! However, the Statement above is an "Official Release" which says much the same as I did, earlier. Far point you make, though.

thats a great set up.

What you do and for whom acey? If you don't mind me asking? And how much more do you like my diary than Celtic's?

i work for the number 1 and your diary is easily best on blonde because its right up my street.

camel is right, industry spokesman are billy and the magic sign and they have years of making it sound good to the press.

anyone who bets and has a bit of brain can figure out if the bookies are losing or winning in any given week barring big punters.
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: January 17, 2011, 12:30:13 PM »

Chompster, what rules do you keep with regard to bankroll management?

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: January 17, 2011, 12:40:33 PM »

None. Don't play cash so guess not as important for me?

Keep track of monthly profits for pokerz and betting. Showed a pokering loss in 2009, when I ran horribly for months on end in the second half of the year, but otherwise + every year. Good enough for me, only really play for fun innit.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
TheChipPrince

View Profile
« Reply #189 on: January 17, 2011, 12:44:34 PM »

Any season long footy bets looking horrifically bad/very good?

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph.

RIP- TheChipPrince - $17,165
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: January 17, 2011, 12:54:12 PM »

None. Don't play cash so guess not as important for me?

Keep track of monthly profits for pokerz and betting. Showed a pokering loss in 2009, when I ran horribly for months on end in the second half of the year, but otherwise + every year. Good enough for me, only really play for fun innit.

Sorry Chompalot, I wasn't talking about poker, was refering to sports betting.

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: January 17, 2011, 01:47:34 PM »

Same answer really Greeky, keep dimez in Betfair until it gets to a certain amount and then withdraw. Bankroll doesn't really come into play on there. Not for me at least.

Had a quick look for that thread on ante-post footie bets the other day but couldn't find it. Going well here, backed Tubbsy to be top scorer in the Conference and Bournemouth on the handicap for league one. Bets on Posh for league one, Hooper for top SPL scorer and DJCampbell top Championship scorer down the pan.

celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #192 on: January 17, 2011, 05:04:41 PM »

Same answer really Greeky, keep dimez in Betfair until it gets to a certain amount and then withdraw. Bankroll doesn't really come into play on there. Not for me at least.

Had a quick look for that thread on ante-post footie bets the other day but couldn't find it. Going well here, backed Tubbsy to be top scorer in the Conference and Bournemouth on the handicap for league one. Bets on Posh for league one, Hooper for top SPL scorer and DJCampbell top Championship scorer down the pan.

Bet is back on imo. Miller due to leave Rangers in the transfer window. If he can stop falling over and having 4 weeks out with a twisted sock or broken nail then he will overtake him. I hope you win.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
bazzabhoy
BAZZABHOY

View Profile WWW
« Reply #193 on: January 17, 2011, 06:37:16 PM »

just to add some input of the 4 games yesterday........i rarely/never bet draws....but for some reason did 4 trebles and a roll up for a laugh.......fiver bet netted me £199    while in collecting a pal of mine came in to pick up £500  same 4 draws plus killie game from saturday    so can easily see how it would all add up with all being tight games and 3 derbies
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #194 on: January 17, 2011, 08:07:53 PM »

Do you think 10/1 for Kauto to win the Gold Cup is valuuuuuuooooooooooo or do you think Kauto's time has passed.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 ... 63 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: