blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:46:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272484 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Diary Of A Fenland Punterer
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 ... 63 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Diary Of A Fenland Punterer  (Read 143299 times)
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #585 on: March 28, 2011, 12:40:34 PM »

Good shout that. Market always seems to get these events right now though. Top two in the betting both made the final three.

Two days till Vegas...

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #586 on: March 28, 2011, 12:47:57 PM »

Thoughts on League One promotion race?

Huddersfield mighty impressive yesterday...

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #587 on: March 28, 2011, 01:57:25 PM »

Too tight to call. I'm right back into it though. Had the most vivid dream last night. We were away at Hudderfield in the first leg of the play-offs and they raced into a 2-0 lead (2mins, 5mins) before winning 3-0. Price please Trigg?

Southampton ain't that good. Huddersfield flattered yesterday against a bad team. One point from two games v Franchise and Brizzle Rovers not good enough for us. Hate sitting on the fence but wouldn't want to call it.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
ripple11

View Profile
« Reply #588 on: March 28, 2011, 02:16:10 PM »

Agreed very tight
As a B'mouth fan, I hoping we can hang in there, ...played great on Sat and v unlucky not to get 3 pts.

Had a go at the BBC predictor for a laugh and it came:

Brighton  91
Soton     89
---------------
Hudders  85
Posh       84
B'mouth  77
MK Dons  75
---------------
Orient     72
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #589 on: March 28, 2011, 02:27:05 PM »

Huuuuuuuuuge game on Sky this Friday, Poshies v Cherries. Shame I won't be able to see it. Unless they'd be able to show it in an English rubadub in Vegas. Anyone?

The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #590 on: March 28, 2011, 02:30:02 PM »

Huuuuuuuuuge game on Sky this Friday, Poshies v Cherries. Shame I won't be able to see it. Unless they'd be able to show it in an English rubadub in Vegas. Anyone?

Subtle "I'm off to Vegas" barg post imo.

If you are taking your laptop with you http://atdhenet.tv/ will have a stream.

Doubtful The Rose and Crown (just off the strip) will show a League 1 match, but worth giving them a bell maybe.

gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #591 on: March 28, 2011, 02:31:57 PM »

As a B'mouth fan, I hoping we can hang in there, ...played great on Sat and v unlucky not to get 3 pts.

did you go nick? I've only read reports from our side but sounds like it was all down to elliott playing out of his skin for the last 10 and making 6 or 7 top draw saves

Southampton ain't that good

last week was the first time I've seen them this season so small sample size and all that but have to say there was nothing there to suggest they were a team at the top of the table. distinctly average

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #592 on: March 28, 2011, 02:49:45 PM »

Found the pub and sent an email to 'infosoccerman' asking whether they'll be showing the Poshies match. Sure this will figure high on their list of unusual requests.

ripple11

View Profile
« Reply #593 on: March 28, 2011, 02:54:06 PM »

did you go nick? I've only read reports from our side but sounds like it was all down to elliott playing out of his skin for the last 10 and making 6 or 7 top draw saves

Southampton ain't that good

last week was the first time I've seen them this season so small sample size and all that but have to say there was nothing there to suggest they were a team at the top of the table. distinctly average

Didn't go.....but watched the extended highlights on The League show/ read the reports. Elliot easily Man of the Match!
The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #594 on: March 28, 2011, 02:58:37 PM »

Found the pub and sent an email to 'infosoccerman' asking whether they'll be showing the Poshies match. Sure this will figure high on their list of unusual requests.

Google is just incred.

I typed in Rose and Crown Vegas and they gave me answers for Crown and Anchor which is the name of the pub.

But even more incred, look at the eighth result for this search!

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=the+rose+and+crown+vegas&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&client=firefox-a

ripple11

View Profile
« Reply #595 on: March 28, 2011, 03:04:28 PM »

Google is just incred.

I typed in Rose and Crown Vegas and they gave me answers for Crown and Anchor which is the name of the pub.

But even more incred, look at the eighth result for this search!

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=the+rose+and+crown+vegas&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&client=firefox-a

Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #596 on: March 29, 2011, 12:00:58 PM »

Found this the other day and it is a mental video. Who is Barney Curley and I wonder how he saved Johns ass? had me in stitches this.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #597 on: March 29, 2011, 12:07:52 PM »

Found this the other day and it is a mental video. Who is Barney Curley and I wonder how he saved Johns ass? had me in stitches this.

What?

You don't remember Yellow Sam?

Good grief man!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yellow_Sam_betting_coup

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #598 on: March 29, 2011, 12:09:57 PM »

No idea tbh, I don't follow racing past a 20p lucky 15 on the odd Saturday Smiley He sounds a reet character!
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #599 on: March 29, 2011, 12:16:42 PM »

Barney still going strong. He had it right off not so long ago, placing a load of trebles on a couple of his horses and another with another trainer (25-1 into around 6-4 from memory).

Pricing up Barney's horses for the Racing Post has always been fun. Even if they've shown nothing, you're always reluctant to go bigger than 10-1. They could go off 100-1 or 4-6, depending on what Barney fancies.

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 ... 63 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: