blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 03:50:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272484 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Diary Of A Fenland Punterer
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 ... 63 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Diary Of A Fenland Punterer  (Read 143317 times)
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #645 on: April 15, 2011, 03:08:18 PM »

Nah, playing is awesome. Used to play loads and then suddenly stopped when Betfair IR became too good to miss.

Now it's golf>>>betfair>>>fishing>>>poker

First lesson, just did a half-swing, horizontal to horizontal, then today it was all the video stuff. Just got to focus on turning the shoulder, keeping the right arm straight on takeaway and not turning my hands over, and it'll be fine.

Clubs take ten days to get sorted. Then it's non-stop golf all summer. Some cracking courses right near here. There's one near Bedford which is seriously hilly. Also, Wyboston, in among all the lakes. Anyone fancy a round in a couple of weeks, give us a shout.

Bets still cropping up occasionally Nico. That Crawley 12/1 effort was ridic! Still rofling at the 'we're prepared to take a substantial bet' line. Monkey was all I was ever gonna get. He said call back tomorrow (Monday) when it will be on the website. I did that. Down to 8/1 by then obv.

Should be able to lay the lot off at around 6 in a couple of months imo but will keep it all.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #646 on: April 15, 2011, 03:31:27 PM »

will golf affect ur hip ?  actually a serious question... just the one mind

Just because you don't like it...... It doesn't mean it's not the truth
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #647 on: April 15, 2011, 03:40:32 PM »

Nope, was only told to avoid high-impact sports like squash. Did double check though and typed 'playing golf with a hip replacement' into google. Seems fine.

Amazing technology at the golf place. He put the vid of me smacking a 7 iron next to footage of Ernie Els doing the same. Els's left foot never leaves the ground or moves, either during or after the swing. Need to be very flexible to do that apparently. I was on toe-end before the club hit shoulder height. Sigh.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #648 on: April 15, 2011, 03:55:31 PM »

Just had a quick look at the prices for the Poshy match tomorrow. 100-30 about us scoring 4+ has it covered.

Besides, not as keen on this match for goals galore as the upcoming game v Dagenham & Redbridge, aka our feeder club. That will be the last hurrah probably. Been a great bet for me this winter.

Tommy Rowe is too big at 16-1 with Coral to score first but not my sort of bet.

ACE2M

View Profile
« Reply #649 on: April 15, 2011, 03:59:28 PM »

if you buy your kit from the pro shop or range they should match the price of american discount golf online. you should't buy anything to expensive until you've finalised your swing, shaft stiffness etc comes into play. They reckon having your clubs made to measure is worth several shots off your handicap but i've never done it.

If you're in manc and want game give me a shout.

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #650 on: April 15, 2011, 04:02:23 PM »

The New Bedfordshire Golf Club near me is the one you are about?. Half on the side of a hill, half in a forest.

Fantastic course. Tough as hell

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #651 on: April 15, 2011, 05:19:51 PM »

if you buy your kit from the pro shop or range they should match the price of american discount golf online.

Perfect. Exactly the kind of thing I was after.

Nope, not tried that one Tighty, sounds good though. This one...

http://www.mowsburygolf.bedford.gov.uk/course.htm

ACE2M

View Profile
« Reply #652 on: April 15, 2011, 05:39:25 PM »

you should devote twice as much practice to your short game than your long game. Standing by a green chipping ball after ball in different ways will do you wonders.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #653 on: April 15, 2011, 05:45:09 PM »

if you buy your kit from the pro shop or range they should match the price of american discount golf online.

Perfect. Exactly the kind of thing I was after.

Nope, not tried that one Tighty, sounds good though. This one...

http://www.mowsburygolf.bedford.gov.uk/course.htm

Yes, played that

V hilly public course. Not in the greatest of condition though

This one is the old Bedfordshire, public now, cheap and a challenge

http://www.ousevalleygolfclub.co.uk/

If you want to hack round sometime I will accompany you for a mutual laugh

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Pelham Boy

View Profile
« Reply #654 on: April 15, 2011, 05:55:01 PM »

Mowsbury is ok, excellent greens for a municipal the last time i played there. Easy course, ideal place to start.

The Ouse Valley course is probably one to avoid imo, was awful the last time i went. Shame, as it was a superb course when it was private. Some very tight fairways.

I'll have a game with you Chompy, i hardly play these days would love to get back into it.

"The boy Gedge has written some of the best love songs of the Rock 'n' Roll Era. You may dispute this, but I'm right and you're wrong!" John Peel.
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #655 on: April 15, 2011, 06:55:28 PM »

Deal, deal, deal, Mowsbury some time this summer ftw.

Shouldn't need to work on my short game, as the plan is to hit 100% of greens in regulation with my new super swing. Just need to practise putting from a few feet.

ACE2M

View Profile
« Reply #656 on: April 15, 2011, 07:21:22 PM »

Deal, deal, deal, Mowsbury some time this summer ftw.

Shouldn't need to work on my short game, as the plan is to hit 100% of greens in regulation with my new super swing. Just need to practise putting from a few feet.

gl with that.
Pelham Boy

View Profile
« Reply #657 on: April 15, 2011, 07:22:53 PM »

I'll get celtic to caddie for me. We can call him Fanny.

"The boy Gedge has written some of the best love songs of the Rock 'n' Roll Era. You may dispute this, but I'm right and you're wrong!" John Peel.
Matt.NFFC.

View Profile
« Reply #658 on: April 15, 2011, 07:43:29 PM »

Nah, playing is awesome. Used to play loads and then suddenly stopped when Betfair IR became too good to miss.

Now it's golf>>>betfair>>>fishing>>>poker

First lesson, just did a half-swing, horizontal to horizontal, then today it was all the video stuff. Just got to focus on turning the shoulder, keeping the right arm straight on takeaway and not turning my hands over, and it'll be fine.

Clubs take ten days to get sorted. Then it's non-stop golf all summer. Some cracking courses right near here. There's one near Bedford which is seriously hilly. Also, Wyboston, in among all the lakes. Anyone fancy a round in a couple of weeks, give us a shout.

Bets still cropping up occasionally Nico. That Crawley 12/1 effort was ridic! Still rofling at the 'we're prepared to take a substantial bet' line. Monkey was all I was ever gonna get. He said call back tomorrow (Monday) when it will be on the website. I did that. Down to 8/1 by then obv.

Should be able to lay the lot off at around 6 in a couple of months imo but will keep it all.

You got the order close, but I prefer:

fishing>>>>>betfair>>>>>>poker>>>>>>>>football
Hawk

View Profile
« Reply #659 on: April 15, 2011, 09:43:48 PM »

My teach reckons Ping ftw.

Six irons, a hybrid club to replace 3 and 4 irons, and a mo-fo driver what costs £200.

With the bag and trolley and bits'n'bobs, about a bag of sand for the lot. Sound about right? Best off buying from the golf club or elsewhere.

If you want to know if a price is fair or not let me know, as  I work in the golf industry.

"Golf is a game that can't be won, only played"

"Look into their eyes, shake their hand, pat their back, and wish them luck, but I am thinking, 'I am going to bury you"
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 ... 63 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: