blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 09:34:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272537 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Diary Of A Fenland Punterer
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 ... 63 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Diary Of A Fenland Punterer  (Read 144374 times)
Horneris
#5 BH

View Profile
« Reply #735 on: August 21, 2011, 05:40:22 AM »

omg, bbc says Peterboro 90% possession.

Gotta be an all time record for teams in same division surely?

Nico29

View Profile
« Reply #736 on: August 21, 2011, 06:08:22 AM »

Fmlfmflfmmflfllflfmflklflfllflfmllllllllll!

Get a text early bout this, obv totally forget it.

GG potential 4 fig profit.
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #737 on: August 21, 2011, 09:58:30 AM »

omg, bbc says Peterboro 90% possession.

Gotta be an all time record for teams in same division surely?

Wouldn't think that's accurate meself. Sky flashed up the second-half possession near the end and it was 75/25 our way. We pwned the first half too but not to the same degree.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
redarmi

View Profile
« Reply #738 on: August 23, 2011, 12:12:22 PM »

Really tempted to head down to the game tomorrow in the Carling Cup.  Love London Road for so many reasons....first, and only, time I was ever allowed a day off school to go to football was for our quarter final there in like 1990 and last time I went there was only time I have stood at a game in years and it was just like the old days and I just can't see there being less than three goals in this one and could easily see a 4-4 shootout or something like that.  Will Posh play a proper team?

gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #739 on: August 23, 2011, 12:36:07 PM »

Bbc possession figures have been way out this season. Think they have a problem with whatever system they use

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
thediceman

View Profile
« Reply #740 on: August 23, 2011, 01:04:54 PM »

Re: possession figures Sky showed 65/35 for the first half and as Chompy has already stated 75/25 for the second half. I remember saying to the Ipswich fans that 15% of the second half figure must be for their goalie.

Re: cup fergie has stated that his goal in the cup is to reach the quarters and that he would play a full strenght team. The only changes are possibly Turnicliffe starting and maybe giving the new left back a start. Middlesborough have also stated that they are playing a full strength team.

Chompy, I know you like Tomlin but he's had a slow start to the season. I thought he was poor against Ipswich for the first 40min but then showed his quality with his finishing. Tomlin's even said himself that he's yet to perform this season. I personally would love to see Taylor and Ball in the team. Ball's ratio record is really impressive whilst Taylor has a revelation the last two games and looks real quality.

Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #741 on: August 23, 2011, 02:23:42 PM »

Tomlin is absolute class on a good day but he's inconsistent at the moment, same as Boydy was a couple of seasons ago. He's always gonna be one of the first names on the sheet, though, and that next good spell isn't far off.

Found out what he got fined for, apparently told a copper he 'looked like a tramp' on a drunken night out. LOLZ. He's a bad boy is our Lee. 'Tayls' obv a bit of a lad too. Drugs in the past but different gravy from what I've seen. We've got our own slurry scouser to give Stevie G/Ian Bell-like boring interviews now. And Boydy has had issues too by all accounts. Still the best team we've ever had.

Tomorrow should be quality. Both teams putting out first strings by the sound of it. Won't back us this time though. FerJu said we were going for it in the Carling Cup but we weren't at it v Stevenage. Just a watcher this time.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
thediceman

View Profile
« Reply #742 on: August 23, 2011, 02:43:31 PM »

The Tomlin incident was during a night out in Nottingham. He was given a 24hr order to leave the town centre but decided to try and get into a night club. It was reported in court that he told the copper to get a proper job and then he could afford a decent car. There were plans to sing "He shoots, he scores, he buys the cops Z4's, Tommmmmmmlin". He needs to cut out the KFC & Nando's but as his best mate NML has decided it's a better career move to stay in Div One on loan warming the bench for others he might not eat out so often. Looks like we like our players to have issues, that's probably why we're trying to sign Coutts again.

Redarmi re: three goals that's a fairly safe bet as we haven't had fewer goals in any of our first 5 games, cue first 0-0 in 80 games.

redarmi

View Profile
« Reply #743 on: August 23, 2011, 03:35:50 PM »

The two teams average 4 goals a game in their last 12 games between them and I haven't bothered looking back further but we (Boro) certainly had some high scoring games later on last season after Mogga come on board and Carling Cup games are higher anyway generally.

Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #744 on: August 23, 2011, 03:47:33 PM »

You mean Boro or Bro? Only one Boro in the football league imo
« Last Edit: August 23, 2011, 04:04:40 PM by Chompy » Logged

redarmi

View Profile
« Reply #745 on: August 23, 2011, 04:46:35 PM »

Ha!!!  When I was a kid and getting the bus into town with my Mum she used to get on the bus and ask for "one and a half to Middlesbro"  More than once the driver said....."I'm going to the Boro love" to great mirth from the other passengers.

Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #746 on: September 14, 2011, 04:58:31 PM »

Mahoosive BB bet now in place. Am all over Alex @ 20-1 and 14-1. Laddies have held 14-1 for now. Very good bet at that price imo, or at 12-1.

I know it's still early but most of these can't win and the market is way off for me. The two favourites are both opposable. Alex is Sophie and Josie all over again. Young, inoffensive, funny, likeable, ready to go on a jourrrrrney.

Got some potential bitches among the other girls. Also, it's the same production team as for CH4 and fancy Alex will get a favourable edit as time goes by.

Horneris
#5 BH

View Profile
« Reply #747 on: September 14, 2011, 05:43:47 PM »

Shes awful tho, has the face of an 80 year old.

Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #748 on: September 14, 2011, 05:47:12 PM »

She does, will work in her favour though. The girly BB voters don't like other girlies to be too pretty. Jade, Nikki, Josie...

Josedinho

View Profile
« Reply #749 on: September 14, 2011, 10:42:13 PM »

Shes awful tho, has the face of an 80 year old man.
FYP

Followed you on this Chompy. Just watched my first bit of BB since Celeb version ended. Don't see it myself but Josie was a great shout so happy to go again. Faye seemed alright from what I saw.
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 ... 63 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: