blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 10:55:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272577 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Diary Of A Fenland Punterer
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 ... 63 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Diary Of A Fenland Punterer  (Read 144614 times)
Horneris
#5 BH

View Profile
« Reply #810 on: October 22, 2011, 06:18:35 PM »

Great game, exciting. Nice little stadium.

Zakauni looks a quality player, didn't lose a challenge all day and at times was doing all the defending by himself with success.

Was really disappointed from the lack of noise from the Peterborogh fans tho, was expecting a cracking atmosphere but they only sung about 2 songs all match and they were both very quiet.

I didn't really think it was a red card, from were I was stood he looked to go in high with studs showing but not 2 footed so expected a yellow tbh. Guess we will have a better viewpoint on the football league show tonight.

Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #811 on: October 22, 2011, 06:26:35 PM »

It was noisy enough but not max volume. Never is for early kick-offs. Sound tends not to travel from one end to the other at our place. We couldn't hear you lot either.

Zak is outstanding when he's fit. Bennett just got an England U21 call-up too and gets better all the time. Think we'll both be around the play-off spots come the end.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
thediceman

View Profile
« Reply #812 on: October 23, 2011, 09:15:32 PM »

Having watched the hightlights Tomlin had to go. What a muppet of a challenge especially with Stroud being the ref. Posh will have talked about the ref just before the game as he has sent of 4 Posh players in the last 5 games and 3 of those were in the first half. Great spirit shown from the lads and deserved a point but having had the extra-time rub in two games we can't moan to much. However 4 minutes shown and Leeds score in the 96th minute which is a bit annoying. Decent case for saying O'Dea shouldn't have been on the pitch to score the winner.

Hopefully Taylor will get a run for a few games and Tomlin has to wait to get another opportunity. I would also like Ball to replace Sinclair but that won't happen. Also wonder what Turnicliffe has to do to get into the starting lineup.

Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #813 on: October 23, 2011, 09:44:37 PM »

O'Deas tackle was at max yellow, it was marginal if that. It was only becasue of the sending off and boro wanting it evening up that it was an issue. Also we gave you the 2nd goal it was like park defending we had a few chances to get rid and didnt. When the say 4mins injury time its min. amount to be played, becasue your conceded so late and fergie having a hissy fit covers over Leeds deserved the win, scored the better goals and the away fans pwned the home fans for noise..i would say a good day.
thediceman

View Profile
« Reply #814 on: October 23, 2011, 10:18:58 PM »

O'Deas tackle was at max yellow, it was marginal if that. It was only becasue of the sending off and boro wanting it evening up that it was an issue. Also we gave you the 2nd goal it was like park defending we had a few chances to get rid and didnt. When the say 4mins injury time its min. amount to be played, becasue your conceded so late and fergie having a hissy fit covers over Leeds deserved the win, scored the better goals and the away fans pwned the home fans for noise..i would say a good day.

Ah, the great Leeds fans. Does that include the ones who refuse to purchase via the club because of the Leeds membership fee and instead buy directly from the away club to sit in the family areas shouting the C word repeatably that many dad's decided to leave early because their children were upset and scared. Does that include the Leeds fans who spat at the home fans in the family enclose. Yeah you pwned us bigtime.

It was very kind of your wonderful "Big club" to give us the 2nd goal. Indeed Leeds where mighty impressive to beat out "small club" and really dominated our 10 men, I guess you were just so generous that you wanted to keep the game interesting.

Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #815 on: October 23, 2011, 10:19:09 PM »

^^^ LOLZ, get this biased Leeeeeeeds nonsense off my diary!

Sinclair and Tayls ftw v Watford next weekend. Won't be a draw, as we don't do draws, esp 0-0. Let's go for 5-2 away win.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
thediceman

View Profile
« Reply #816 on: October 23, 2011, 10:23:08 PM »

It's now 88 games since we have had a 0-0 draw and something like 10 games since our last score draw. I agree it will be Sinclair and Taylor to start. What do you make of Sinclair and if Tomlin was available would you play Sinclair or Taylor ?. Any win against Watford will do as November looks a tough month.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2011, 10:24:47 PM by thediceman » Logged

Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #817 on: October 23, 2011, 11:42:51 PM »

Belief is growing all the time. We should have got something out of the away games at Blackpool and West Ham earlier in the season but didn't believe. That's changing. This is a play-off calibre team as long as we steer clear of injuries imo.

Still undecided about Sinclair at the moment. We'll know more in a month I think. Taylor deserves his chance and he'll grab it next weekend imo. If Tomlin was available I'd go Tomlin and Taylor all day long. Should be perfect together.

Surprised Tunnicliffe hasn't been an ever present but who to leave out? Frecklington clear player of the season so far, Boyd and McCann in obv. Rowe and Alcock work well together left side. Love Alcock's attitude. He's probably still the weak link in the back four but is further down the line than Little was at this stage of his Poshy career.

Gogogo the mighty Posh. Massive over-achievers. Best team we've ever had by a distance. Great times.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2011, 11:44:32 PM by Chompy » Logged

Horneris
#5 BH

View Profile
« Reply #818 on: October 24, 2011, 12:53:41 AM »

lol story checks out on Acidmouse giving out comedy biased banter.

I didn't think we played that well. Without Snodgrass we really lacked creativity and massively struggled to break through 10 men. Our defending is so paperweight too for both the Posh goals, its embarrassing.

Can't believe Chompy said they couldn't hear us at the other end tho, I lost my voice by about the 10 minute mark and the scenes at the end were epic, I ended up with some fat bloke crushing me against the barriers, my back still kills now.

Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #819 on: October 24, 2011, 07:07:35 AM »

it worked Smiley they went off on Camel'esk Leeds thug rant lol.
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #820 on: October 24, 2011, 08:47:48 AM »

Sigh, owned by dirty Leeds again.

Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #821 on: October 30, 2011, 12:51:38 AM »

Urgh, not proud of myself for even suggesting this but 7/1 about the mighty Posh getting relegated is too big given the month we have coming up. Value is value and all that.

We've been lucky with injuries for a couple of seasons but, if we suddenly pick up a couple, there is zero strength in depth. And we still can't defend.

In November, we have...

Southampton (A)
Derby (H)
Birmingham (A)
Middlesbrough (H)
Reading (A)

Josedinho

View Profile
« Reply #822 on: November 03, 2011, 09:18:30 AM »

Not been watching BB recently but market seems to have moved for alex and against aaron. Any reason for it?
pokerfan

View Profile
« Reply #823 on: November 03, 2011, 05:35:56 PM »

Not been watching BB recently but market seems to have moved for alex and against aaron. Any reason for it?

Yeah Aaron is being a nobhead, gf's words not mine lol.

Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #824 on: November 03, 2011, 06:17:29 PM »

Yup, Aaron is cracking up and needs to gtfo of there imo. But he went in with a gameplan and will stick it out to the end. He's on fumes now but has never been below 40% in TV polls and is still walking it if you believe them.

I have him onside with Alex as my big winner obv. If Jay McFreezer-Turd wins I'll pay. And emigrate.

Pages: 1 ... 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 ... 63 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: