blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:30:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16944 Members
Latest Member: Blader
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Diary Of A Fenland Punterer
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Diary Of A Fenland Punterer  (Read 143174 times)
Josedinho

View Profile
« Reply #885 on: February 21, 2012, 06:12:37 PM »

Tyrone Barnett signs from Crawley. Wasn't it you that had Crawley at a fancy price? Mixed emotions?
Solaris

View Profile
« Reply #886 on: February 21, 2012, 06:20:25 PM »

Tyrone Barnett signs from Crawley. Wasn't it you that had Crawley at a fancy price? Mixed emotions?

Thought Crawley were this overly ambitious league two club with millionaire backers?

Sold Tubbs and Barnett. Very strange.
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #887 on: February 21, 2012, 10:34:47 PM »

Yuh, VC laid me a fair bet at 12-1 but covered it for greensville. Barnett has been a wantaway for a while I think, so quite happy. We need a striker badly to go alongside Taylor and he'll do fine I think. Hopefully this is the end of the Emile Sinclair chapter.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
TheChipPrince

View Profile
« Reply #888 on: February 22, 2012, 12:03:26 PM »

Thought Crawley were this overly ambitious league two club with millionaire backers?

Millionaire backers is a relative thing here, they've made £2million pound from two decent players.  Selling them does not make them un-ambitious, its the equivalent of Utd selling Rooney for £50mil and calling them un-ambitous.  Each player has a value, and once a players head is turned a club can only do so much.

They will re-invest that £££ back into the squad, imagine 5x £400k signings for a L2 club?  solidifies everything about the club allowing for re-structure etc.

I don't like Evans anymore than most, but he does a grand job at playing up to the 'nobody likes us we don't care' thought process, and all his ex-players speak of how decent he is for this and gets the most out of them.

Purely as a business decision think they've done well overall.

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph.

RIP- TheChipPrince - $17,165
Solaris

View Profile
« Reply #889 on: February 22, 2012, 02:15:03 PM »

Millionaire backers is a relative thing here, they've made £2million pound from two decent players.  Selling them does not make them un-ambitious, its the equivalent of Utd selling Rooney for £50mil and calling them un-ambitous.  Each player has a value, and once a players head is turned a club can only do so much.

They will re-invest that £££ back into the squad, imagine 5x £400k signings for a L2 club?  solidifies everything about the club allowing for re-structure etc.

I don't like Evans anymore than most, but he does a grand job at playing up to the 'nobody likes us we don't care' thought process, and all his ex-players speak of how decent he is for this and gets the most out of them.

Purely as a business decision think they've done well overall.

Completely understand where you're coming from and I don't disagree with the thought process; just thought with the sale of Tubbs, Crawley wouldn't allow Barnett to leave until the summer after they'd, hopefully for them, secured promotion. I'm not sure how long his contract was for, but can only assume it was long enough that his sale price wouldn't have been affected.

There's 6 teams with 6 points of each other in the league and I don't think it would be unfair to say that keeping one of those two could be the difference between staying up or not? Be interesting to see where they finish in the end.

Evans shouldn't have been allowed to continue in the game, but that's a separate issue...
thediceman

View Profile
« Reply #890 on: March 16, 2012, 01:27:35 AM »

Getting to watch the mighty Posh for the first time in two years, which happened to be Posh's last 0-0. Doubt it will be another 7-1 as the tractor boys have improved. However I'm looking forward to watching the likes of Taylor and Barnett upfront and our attacking play. I'm going for a 3-2 win. Heart rules my head as always when it comes to the Posh.

p.s. I think your regelation bet is an epic fail thankfully

Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #891 on: March 16, 2012, 10:37:00 AM »

Absolutely zero chance of this being 0-0. This could be literally any score any way imo.

Not seen much of Barnett yet but we have a couple more Tuesday night home games coming this month, so will see him then.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #892 on: March 16, 2012, 12:20:06 PM »

Absolutely zero chance of this being 0-0. This could be literally any score any way imo.

Not seen much of Barnett yet but we have a couple more Tuesday night home games coming this month, so will see him then.

Will it have 3 or more goals ?

Just because you don't like it...... It doesn't mean it's not the truth
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #893 on: March 16, 2012, 01:40:42 PM »

Funny you should ask as I've been creating an algorithm this morning and...

Computer says YES!

thediceman

View Profile
« Reply #894 on: March 16, 2012, 02:07:35 PM »

Will it have 3 or more goals ?

Yes.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2012, 02:09:26 PM by thediceman » Logged

the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #895 on: March 16, 2012, 02:15:34 PM »

computer likes 3-1

Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #896 on: March 16, 2012, 02:16:10 PM »

To the mighty Posh?

the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #897 on: March 16, 2012, 02:16:53 PM »

To the mighty Posh?

lolz..... spoken like a true fan

Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #898 on: March 16, 2012, 02:21:55 PM »

Not sure I can respect the Anglian-derby opinions of an NBA expert tbh. Algorithm or not.

Any other score, ie, either team to score 4+, is 11/2 on Betfair. Not the worst punt in history.

thediceman

View Profile
« Reply #899 on: March 16, 2012, 07:58:46 PM »

Stat from BBC

Peterborough are the only club not to have been involved in a goalless draw in this division this season. Indeed both these clubs have provided value for money, with Championship matches involving the London Road club yielding 111 goals, topped only by those involving Ipswich, 119 goals.

What odd's a 0-0 ?

Pages: 1 ... 56 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: