blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 10:13:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272537 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Diary Of A Fenland Punterer
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Diary Of A Fenland Punterer  (Read 144378 times)
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #900 on: March 16, 2012, 11:43:08 PM »

20-1 on Betunfair. I wouldn't touch it at ten points bigger tbh.

We are now pushing 100 games since a 0-0, or may be over by now. Ipshitch will want revenge for that televised humiliation earlier in the season. We are never going to keep a clean sheet in a million years with nobody protecting the back four now.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
thediceman

View Profile
« Reply #901 on: March 17, 2012, 10:47:24 AM »

122 games since our last 0-0 (against Ipswich @ Portman Road).

It's raining here in Ipswich so will be a greasy pitch so I'm expecting goals, goals and goals 

vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #902 on: March 17, 2012, 03:38:40 PM »

goals!!!
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #903 on: March 17, 2012, 05:23:04 PM »

computer likes 3-1

Miles off. Please amend algorithm.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #904 on: March 17, 2012, 09:51:52 PM »

computer likes 3-1

Miles off. Please amend algorithm.

Sigh computer was 1 goal off scoooooooop

Just because you don't like it...... It doesn't mean it's not the truth
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #905 on: March 18, 2012, 09:40:18 AM »

122 games since our last 0-0 (against Ipswich @ Portman Road).

It's raining here in Ipswich so will be a greasy pitch so I'm expecting goals, goals and goals 

Pick your ideal 22-man squad for next season dicey? How was the match?

thediceman

View Profile
« Reply #906 on: March 23, 2012, 03:11:21 PM »

I got the score right, unfortunetly just got it the wrong way round. In truth there should have been a few more goals with some gilt edged chances missed by both teams. Posh started of the better only to conceed the first goal to Ipswich's first chance via a set piece. The Barnett/Taylor partnership looks quality and hopefully sticks together for next season. Further evidence of this are the excellent results against Blackpool and Reading in the last couple of weeks. Posh finished the half the stronger and probably should have been in front. Ipswich started the second half strong and had two great chances, one of the crossbar. We looked tried in the second half especially the two upfront but that's hardly surprising considering their workrate in the first half. Emile came on and did enough to suggest he's worth working with for next season and offers us something as a sub. I can even claim that I he now seen him win a header. Re: the final result Ipswich got the rub of the green but in truth any result could have happened in this entertaining game.

Based on the last few games I would say I'm pretty positive about next season as we have the basis of a decent Championship team. Re: my 22 I would firstly it would be nice to have 22 Posh players excluding youth team members. The forward line looks sorted as long as we don't loose Taylor. Taylor/Barnett combo will scare alot of defences and Emile and Ball offer good alternatives. Future looks bleak for Ajose and I'm not sure he will get another chance, depends how much he impresses pre season. Midfield is decent when they all click but we have been found out on occassions especially with a couple of injuries. A couple of additions in this area would be good and one of thoose I believe will be M.O'Connor (Scunnie). Defence is the major area we need to bloaster as we need another CB and LB (but we've needed a new LB for gods knows how long). Brisley has looked decent for such a young guy jumping up a couple of leagues. Rowe has also done well filling in at LB and maybe he will grow into that position. I say that because Boyd needs to stay out on the left wing rather than playing in the middle. Re: CB I know we have signed one on a pre contract and it will be interesting to see who that is. As for our goalkeeper I think we may be starting with someone new next season. Jones is ok but I'm sure there are better available out there.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2012, 03:35:49 PM by thediceman » Logged

The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #907 on: March 23, 2012, 03:14:44 PM »

What's happening with Joe Lewis?

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
thediceman

View Profile
« Reply #908 on: March 23, 2012, 03:31:01 PM »

Last seen letting in half a dozen goals for QPR's reserves.

He's keeping our bench warm until he can leave on a free transfer this summer. Jones started as our no.1 at the start of the season but was then "rested". Lewis then played for a few months. It was rumoured that we were hoping to put Lewis in the shop window and at least get some return on him. Lewis is seen as a liability by many Posh fans and there won't be much love lost when he leaves.

The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #909 on: March 23, 2012, 03:37:02 PM »

Last seen letting in half a dozen goals for QPR's reserves.

He's keeping our bench warm until he can leave on a free transfer this summer. Jones started as our no.1 at the start of the season but was then "rested". Lewis then played for a few months. It was rumoured that we were hoping to put Lewis in the shop window and at least get some return on him. Lewis is seen as a liability by many Posh fans and there won't be much love lost when he leaves.

Last time I was at London Road was last season v Brighton.

Lewis was amazing, absolutely clear pick as Man of the Match in a 2-0 Brighton win.

I thought he was destined for big things.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #910 on: March 23, 2012, 03:37:57 PM »

Yah, Lewis a gonna. Some shop-window effort when he let another one drift in from a free kick v Mackems.

Rowe was sensational at left back v Reading, and Zak/Brisley looked good together. Sinclair can gtfo.

thediceman

View Profile
« Reply #911 on: March 23, 2012, 03:50:48 PM »

I thought he was destined for big things.

So did we. I remember Lewis was consided on a par with Joe Hart and it was a debate who would become England's no.1

thediceman

View Profile
« Reply #912 on: March 23, 2012, 03:54:48 PM »

Rowe was sensational at left back v Reading, and Zak/Brisley looked good together. Sinclair can gtfo.

The full back popsitions are a tricky one. Alcock has been a great signing and deserves to be the no.1 RB but I'm also a big fan of Little's. I know he hasn't been the same since his injury but his forward movement in the first half of the season was a large factor in our early success. Do we play Little and play Alcock at LB, where he has done a great job or play Alcock RB and Rowe at LB.

thediceman

View Profile
« Reply #913 on: March 23, 2012, 03:56:53 PM »

Re: eurovision

I've yet to check out any of the entries except for those Russian Grannies which could be worth a punt for nil points.

Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #914 on: March 23, 2012, 05:52:26 PM »

Nah, the Russian grannies are never gonna score nil points. They'll have to be voted through the semis first.

No ante-post bets for me this year. Will wait for the semis and final in May.

Pages: 1 ... 57 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: