blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:31:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16944 Members
Latest Member: Blader
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Diary Of A Fenland Punterer
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Diary Of A Fenland Punterer  (Read 143183 times)
thediceman

View Profile
« Reply #915 on: March 26, 2012, 01:37:03 PM »

Pick your ideal 22-man squad for next season dicey? How was the match?

What's your 22 man squad for next season Chompy ?

Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #916 on: March 26, 2012, 07:50:19 PM »

Whatever FerJu wants it to be imo. I have total faith and think I might love him. He decided against Baldock and time is showing that was pretty shrewd.

Of the current batch I think the only certainties to still be there are Zak, Alcock, Tomlin, Taylor and Barnett. Could even see Boydy moving on and still not sure he's a big McCann fan.

McFadzean still on radar imo and like what I've seen of him. How about Jimmy Bullard coming back to where it all started? Not on Ipswich wages though obv. Lewington at left-back and Gleeson from MK Donkeys? How about Tommy Williams coming back?  Wink

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #917 on: March 26, 2012, 08:42:44 PM »

We're gonna hang on to Freckles I hope

sola virtus nobilitat
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #918 on: March 26, 2012, 09:03:40 PM »

Freckles could be a gonna. His gonna be a great pick-up for a League 1 outfit if he stays fit.

If you know anyone with a spare ticket for the Hammers match tomorrow, I'm happy to pay mad ££££ for it. London Road ideally.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #919 on: March 26, 2012, 11:07:49 PM »

Maybe try fans forum, I got lucky and got one for Mackems game that way.

Just had a look and 1st one I checked had this...

http://www.theposhforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=20961
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #920 on: March 27, 2012, 12:21:54 AM »

Tried signing up yesterday Monda and it wouldn't have it. Just tried again and instant service. Just need someone with a spare now. Should be some game.

mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #921 on: March 27, 2012, 12:22:52 AM »

Tried signing up yesterday Monda and it wouldn't have it. Just tried again and instant service. Just need someone with a spare now. Should be some game.

GLGL.
thediceman

View Profile
« Reply #922 on: March 27, 2012, 02:02:08 PM »

If you know anyone with a spare ticket for the Hammers match tomorrow, I'm happy to pay mad ££££ for it. London Road ideally.

Odd single tickets have been returned and are available according to the ticket office.

Source: londonroadend.net

Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #923 on: March 27, 2012, 02:37:00 PM »

Nope, all gone. FML. Where do these fairweathers spring from? Where were they when we drew 0-0 with Halifax that one winter about 25 years ago when I won a chicken soup drinking competition with my mate Sean?

Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #924 on: April 02, 2012, 10:48:10 AM »

Sigh at Taylor refusing to sign an extended contract beyond next summer.

Am guessing he'll go for somewhere in the region of £4-5m in the summer. Sucks. That partnership with Barnett had so much potential. Whoever gets him is getting something a bit tasty though. He is impossible to get the ball off. What a find from the Belgian lower leagues.

horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #925 on: April 02, 2012, 10:53:58 AM »

you think that much?

i presume he has sorted himself out now lifestyle wise?

My old man does some lower league scouting and he tried to get him a move to somewere other than chester when he first went to vauxhall motors..

looks a much more rounded player now though certainly bulked up a fair bit

Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #926 on: April 02, 2012, 05:52:35 PM »

Without doubt worth that sort of dime imo. Someone might get him for £3m but there's a lot of interest by all accounts.

Suppose we might be better off taking the cash. Enough 'lads' in the Poshy ranks as it is. One fewer potential problem child maybe not a bad thing.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #927 on: April 02, 2012, 06:30:10 PM »

Well done on winning* the Tourney @ G-Luton last night, Mr W.

*13 way chop, was it?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #928 on: April 02, 2012, 06:53:41 PM »

Sure was. I sort of finished eighth for a mighty £120.

You know when you get to the final table and everyone has around 10-15xBB? And you wait for the first hand of 5k-10k and sigh inwardly when Squarehead open-rises to 45k on the button? And you look down at AA in the SB and shove 105k? And it goes back to him and he says "Oh well, got too much in there now, you're in front but spose I better call"? And he turns over JQ cc and the flop comes 457 one club? And etc etc?

That's sort of what happened.

I've decided I'm like a veteran 3m handicap chaser with a habit of breaking blood-vessels in that I perform best fresh. After a break. I may need cheekpieces (like Bollywood villain British Gas) or perhaps first-time blinkers in Vegas in the summer.

Should be fine though, I'm gonna get Pizzled to stake me and everything.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #929 on: April 02, 2012, 06:56:38 PM »

Sure was. I sort of finished eighth for a mighty £120.

You know when you get to the final table and everyone has around 10-15xBB? And you wait for the first hand of 5k-10k and sigh inwardly when Squarehead open-rises to 45k on the button? And you look down at AA in the SB and shove 105k? And it goes back to him and he says "Oh well, got too much in there now, you're in front but spose I better call"? And he turns over JQ cc and the flop comes 457 one club? And etc etc?

That's sort of what happened.

I've decided I'm like a veteran 3m handicap chaser with a habit of breaking blood-vessels in that I perform best fresh. After a break. I may need cheekpieces (like Bollywood villain British Gas) or perhaps first-time blinkers in Vegas in the summer.

Should be fine though, I'm gonna get Pizzled to stake me and everything.

Timeform Squiggle added. Just the one. For now.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: