blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:41:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272484 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  McNitus Diaries: The Part Time Grinder
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 ... 20 Go Down Print
Author Topic: McNitus Diaries: The Part Time Grinder  (Read 70022 times)
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: July 29, 2011, 05:04:20 PM »

The sooner you join us on the circuit and get out of gala the better for me, so we can get you in the 1/2 lineup Wink

Glgl!

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: July 29, 2011, 06:02:27 PM »

GLGLGL

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
zerofive

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 29, 2011, 06:48:50 PM »

Jamie's Diary take #3.

If I have to offer you any more gl's, I will murder you. In the face. So gl with this.

Also, we should make some upswing prop bets when you get to 50plo. Cheesy
JK

Probably the worst player here

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 30, 2011, 12:54:34 AM »

Haha yeah. Hoping this time it's gonna stick!

Well up for crossbooking bets in a few months. Really fun to rail too. For those that don't know what it is, or think it's something else. Basically you both play a session at the same level/game. At the end of the session, if player A is up 100, player B is up 50, then player B pays player A 50. If player A is down 30, and player B is up 100, A pays B 130. It's great fun and good for spectators too lol
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 30, 2011, 01:05:04 AM »

Haha yeah. Hoping this time it's gonna stick!

Well up for crossbooking bets in a few months. Really fun to rail too. For those that don't know what it is, or think it's something else. Basically you both play a session at the same level/game. At the end of the session, if player A is up 100, player B is up 50, then player B pays player A 50. If player A is down 30, and player B is up 100, A pays B 130. It's great fun and good for spectators too lol

might even take your action Tongue

cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 30, 2011, 01:08:57 AM »

Thanks for that. Until a few months ago I thought crossbooking was the other way round lol

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
Leatherman

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 30, 2011, 01:16:54 AM »

oi oiii good luck with this fella...

Satellite King
JK

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 30, 2011, 04:13:08 PM »

Sigh. What a difference a day makes! Around the time of my update post, I was winning around 2 buyins after winning 5 the day before. Upswongs ftw. I wouldnt say I played amazing, more coolered every poor soul that chose to sit at my table.

I went to work yesterday absolutely loving life, had a really really enjoyable shift (ikr?) and got home feeling really fresh after a mcdonalds. Played 2 tables and played awful. I dont know why. There were quite alot of terrible marks in the games, and I was trying to get in pots with them, so this was making me spew. Secondly kept 3b/peeling OOP which is horrid in PLO obv because you get just get owned constantly. End of the night Id lost 5 buyins and pretty much polished off what Im up for the program so far. GG good start.

Well, the show must go on, as they say. Booted up a session and am grinding hard today. Fingers crossed, we go back to coolering everyone!
JK

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 30, 2011, 06:43:45 PM »

Btw, Im not suggesting Im tilted over a few buyin swings Tongue. Just pointing out how the game can affect your mood so much over such a short time
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 30, 2011, 07:20:06 PM »

If your going to make it you can't get so tilted out of dropout a few buyins.

Chill the fk out
« Last Edit: July 30, 2011, 07:58:40 PM by cambridgealex » Logged

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
JK

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 30, 2011, 07:47:34 PM »

Do you know how hard it is in Omaha to not flop a pair or a nut draw for 4 hours ffs
zerofive

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 01, 2011, 12:09:19 AM »

I know I can be an absolute Tiltus Bramble at times, but that won't stop me from giving advice I can't take. It's not hard to drop a few buyins in one sesh, conversely upswings can feel pretty permanent, and a 10BI swing either way is not infrequent in PLO. I'm sure Dave will talk to you about this in more detail, just don't let it affect your game. Like you say, it's hard to stay sane after 500 bone dry hands and omaha seems impossible when you can't make pairs; but just wait for the wet season and ship multiple buyins. What will separate you from most players at this level is that you don't go broke with air out of frustration. Keep it together you frightening bastard.
JK

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 01, 2011, 03:40:04 AM »

Lol @ that post being blown out of proportion. I wasn't that tilted at losing 5 buyins. I know the swings in Omaha are massive and I wasn't really tilted, just a bit frustrated. I was just pointing out how much poker affects your moods, ie going from having a really good night at work to going to bed just wanting it to be tmoro.

Had a few little winning sessions past 2 days. Ended up playing the Mark in a game heads up yesterday which was obv pretty nice life. Winning like 10 buyins over the week which I'm happy with to say iv only played 2k hands or so. Feeling more comfortable with more tables again so will be putting more volume in next week. See how it goes
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 01, 2011, 03:55:18 AM »

Don't get too stressed by it all mate. Downswings are part of the game.

If you need help getting through it I can help - this last months been a nightmare Cheesy

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 01, 2011, 05:01:12 AM »

yeah DW about it dude, PLO can be the most fucking soul destroying game sometimes - you can not put a foot wrong and chunk 10 buyins off, its gonna happen. Just really need to stay focused through it all cos its ridic how fast it spins around !

Going great so far.

here's some inspiration for you  Tongue

Click to see full-size image.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 ... 20 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: