blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 07:17:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272608 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Manchester United, that didn't last long. Seven up
Pages: 1 ... 192 193 194 195 [196] 197 198 199 200 ... 242 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Manchester United, that didn't last long. Seven up  (Read 489950 times)
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #2925 on: December 27, 2017, 02:10:31 PM »

Mourinho- ''City buy full backs for the price of strikers''

Mourinho buys United's own academy players for the price of Burnley FC.

Kyle Walker 50 million gbp is outrageous.
Lindelof 45 million euro?  Nothing to see here.

I used the like him at Chelsea but these days the guy is simply a whining idiot.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #2926 on: December 27, 2017, 04:20:25 PM »

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2017/dec/27/jose-mourinho-has-a-point-when-he-says-manchester-united-are-not-a-big-team
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #2927 on: December 27, 2017, 05:40:48 PM »

Mourinho is one smart cookie and knows how to play this football manager game better than any of us. How many games do you get before you're under pressure these days? I would say it's about 3 or 4. Yet he deflects attention from inept performances and results like an absolute boss. So after luckily drawing at home to Burnley and finding Man City out of sight everybody is talking about his moaning or his bad luck, not his future. See what he did there? The guy knows exactly what he's doing, he plays everyone, he buys time and keeps pressure off his players all at the same time. He isn't deluded at all imo.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #2928 on: December 27, 2017, 05:46:01 PM »

Mourinho is one smart cookie and knows how to play this football manager game better than any of us. How many games do you get before you're under pressure these days? I would say it's about 3 or 4. Yet he deflects attention from inept performances and results like an absolute boss. So after luckily drawing at home to Burnley and finding Man City out of sight everybody is talking about his moaning or his bad luck, not his future. See what he did there? The guy knows exactly what he's doing, he plays everyone, he buys time and keeps pressure off his players all at the same time. He isn't deluded at all imo.

He hasn't been unlucky or had bad luck.  The total opposite is true.  His team are running ahead of EV results wise based on performance stats.  It is his moaning about how bad he is running when he is actually running like god that is tilting.  His team isn't as good as he thinks it is and even though they are ahead of the curve results wise it still isn't enough for the fans.   When they regress to the mean he will really be under the cosh because where he is currently isn't good enough for them and they are lucky to be where they are now.
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #2929 on: December 27, 2017, 05:53:13 PM »

He hasn't been unlucky or had bad luck.  The total opposite is true.  His team are running ahead of EV results wise based on performance stats.  It is his moaning about how bad he is running when he is actually running like god that is tilting.  His team isn't as good as he thinks it is and even though they are ahead of the curve results wise it still isn't enough for the fans.   When they regress to the mean he will really be under the cosh because where he is currently isn't good enough for them and they are lucky to be where they are now.

Some punter was on talksport when I was driving saying Rashford and Martial should be shipped out because they weren’t of the required quality to be part of a Man Utd squad!  Maybe he is right and Jose is just being held back.  Give the man 2 billion and he’ll get you to within single digits of Man City.  The shoestring he is operating on is unacceptable Smiley
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #2930 on: December 27, 2017, 05:56:14 PM »

I don’t think he’s under any pressure at all.  If he delivers champ league places while rebuilding the Moyes/Van Gaal team that will be enough in the medium term.  That doesn’t change the fact he is a moron for complaining of lack of resource.
MANTIS01

View Profile
« Reply #2931 on: December 27, 2017, 07:12:27 PM »

I don’t think he’s under any pressure at all.  If he delivers champ league places while rebuilding the Moyes/Van Gaal team that will be enough in the medium term.  That doesn’t change the fact he is a moron for complaining of lack of resource.

He's won the title everywhere he's been, usually in the 2nd season. He desperately wants to win the title, the board brought him in to win the title, the fans still romanticising over the SAF era dream of winning the title. Recently lost the derby, drew with Leicester and narrowly avoided home defeat to Burnley. According to arbboy his team is running above EV. The noisy neighbours are streets ahead and he's spent £300m. But you don't think he's under any pressure at all?

Like I say his moaning and complaining have nicely created the illusion that he's not under pressure. The guy is a very smart cookie.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #2932 on: December 27, 2017, 07:41:27 PM »

I don’t think he’s under any pressure at all.  If he delivers champ league places while rebuilding the Moyes/Van Gaal team that will be enough in the medium term.  That doesn’t change the fact he is a moron for complaining of lack of resource.

He's BOUGHT the title everywhere he's been, usually in the 2nd season. He desperately wants to win the title, the board brought him in to win the title, the fans still romanticising over the SAF era dream of winning the title. Recently lost the derby, drew with Leicester and narrowly avoided home defeat to Burnley. According to arbboy his team is running above EV. The noisy neighbours are streets ahead and he's spent £300m. But you don't think he's under any pressure at all?

Like I say his moaning and complaining have nicely created the illusion that he's not under pressure. The guy is a very smart cookie.

FYP.  The biggest mistake he has made this time is not joining the club in the EPL with the biggest bankroll to keep fooling everyone he is a great manager.
DropTheHammer

View Profile
« Reply #2933 on: December 27, 2017, 08:40:57 PM »

Mourinho isn't under any pressure. They will keep him even if they miss out on. CL qualification, they'd be mad to sack him as that would mean another 200m outlay.

If Martial and Rashford are happy not starting every game then the united fans are crazy to call for their sale.
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #2934 on: December 27, 2017, 08:59:22 PM »

I'm sure there's some tongues in cheek here, but I'd have Jose a long way above Pep.

Pep is the one of the two who needs a bottomless budget or a squad that's already assembled for him.

Find it hard to understand the rationale for those choosing Pep over Jose.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #2935 on: December 27, 2017, 09:11:46 PM »

I'm sure there's some tongues in cheek here, but I'd have Jose a long way above Pep.

Pep is the one of the two who needs a bottomless budget or a squad that's already assembled for him.

You must have read my mind slightly although I am hardly a fan of the charmless nerk that is maureen.

I was just about to post that Pep is clearly a great coach with an open cheque-book, but will we ever find out how good he is with a lesser budget.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #2936 on: December 27, 2017, 09:42:29 PM »

He's won the title everywhere he's been, usually in the 2nd season. He desperately wants to win the title, the board brought him in to win the title, the fans still romanticising over the SAF era dream of winning the title. Recently lost the derby, drew with Leicester and narrowly avoided home defeat to Burnley. According to arbboy his team is running above EV. The noisy neighbours are streets ahead and he's spent £300m. But you don't think he's under any pressure at all?

Do you honestly think the board are in any way thinking of sacking Mourinho after the last few seasons they have had?  Not sure you have much of a read on this situation to be honest.
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #2937 on: December 27, 2017, 09:46:09 PM »

Pep improves players.  De Bruyne and Sterling are miles ahead in performance from where they were before he arrived.  We may well never know if he can work on a budget, but the same can be said of Mourinho. 
MANTIS01

View Profile
« Reply #2938 on: December 27, 2017, 10:23:38 PM »

Do you honestly think the board are in any way thinking of sacking Mourinho after the last few seasons they have had?  Not sure you have much of a read on this situation to be honest.

I think he's under pressure from his own expectations, his prior record at other clubs, the fan's hopes, recent results & displays, arch rivals pep and citeh way ahead, losing the derby, the big bucks he's spent and the history of the club he's at. If you don't think that puts him under any pressure at all then fair enough, you have a better read on the situation than me. However, I do remember an interview where he said there is no pressure at the top, being second or third is where all the pressure is. As stated though if he lost the next 4 games on the bounce I do think the board would entertain the possiblity yes.

DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #2939 on: December 27, 2017, 10:26:58 PM »

I think he's under pressure from his own expectations, his prior record at other clubs, the fan's hopes, recent results & displays, arch rivals pep and citeh way ahead, losing the derby, the big bucks he's spent and the history of the club he's at. If you don't think that puts him under any pressure at all then fair enough, you have a better read on the situation than me. However, I do remember an interview where he said there is no pressure at the top, being second or third is where all the pressure is. As stated though if he lost the next 4 games on the bounce I do think the board would entertain the possiblity yes.

Agree to disagree I guess.  In other news Jose will surely blow a gasket over 75m van dijk!!
Pages: 1 ... 192 193 194 195 [196] 197 198 199 200 ... 242 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: