blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 01:11:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272608 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Manchester United, that didn't last long. Seven up
Pages: 1 ... 205 206 207 208 [209] 210 211 212 213 ... 242 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Manchester United, that didn't last long. Seven up  (Read 489886 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3120 on: November 14, 2018, 01:31:14 PM »

Blimey.

Click to see full-size image.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #3121 on: November 14, 2018, 06:35:26 PM »

They’ve just asked on
@SundaySupp
 “has the gulf ever been wider between the two teams [United and City]”

I’m gonna suggest ‘99 when United won the treble and City were in League One just about edges it... #ManchesterDerby

Lol

How would city 99 v United 99 be priced compared to yesterday?

man city away would have been about a 20/1 poke i would have imagined in that era if it was a cup game and both teams playing to full strength.  Back in that era very few teams were ever odds on away in league games.  Top v bottom in the EPL would have been priced roughly around 1/3 home team 9/1 away team.  Now its closer to 1/10 and 40/1.

thanks for this very interesting

yep interesting

a couple of years later in 2000/2001 City were back in the PL and united played city at old trafford close to the end of the season....united were champions in 2000/2001 and City relegated again ..with 34 points

WH odds  in 00/01  United 1.36  Draw 4  City 7.00
WH odds at the weekend   City 1.38 Draw 5 United 7.55

arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #3122 on: November 15, 2018, 02:18:40 AM »

They’ve just asked on
@SundaySupp

I’m gonna suggest ‘99 when United won the treble and City were in League One just about edges it... #ManchesterDerby

Lol

man city away would have been about a 20/1 poke i would have imagined in that era if it was a cup game and both teams playing to full strength.  Back in that era very few teams were ever odds on away in league games.  Top v bottom in the EPL would have been priced roughly around 1/3 home team 9/1 away team.  Now its closer to 1/10 and 40/1.

yep interesting

a couple of years later in 2000/2001 City were back in the PL and united played city at old trafford close to the end of the season....united were champions in 2000/2001 and City relegated again ..with 34 points

WH odds  in 00/01  United 1.36  Draw 4  City 7.00
WH odds at the weekend   City 1.38 Draw 5 United 7.55

Maybe i am being too generous then calling Manure a mid table side currently then!  Where did you get the 00/01 WH odds from just out of interest?
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #3123 on: November 15, 2018, 07:14:02 AM »

They’ve just asked on
@SundaySupp

Lol

man city away would have been about a 20/1 poke i would have imagined in that era if it was a cup game and both teams playing to full strength.  Back in that era very few teams were ever odds on away in league games.  Top v bottom in the EPL would have been priced roughly around 1/3 home team 9/1 away team.  Now its closer to 1/10 and 40/1.

yep interesting

WH odds  in 00/01  United 1.36  Draw 4  City 7.00
WH odds at the weekend   City 1.38 Draw 5 United 7.55

Maybe i am being too generous then calling Manure a mid table side currently then!  Where did you get the 00/01 WH odds from just out of interest?

Exactly Smiley

Historical odds  for each year since 2000/2001 here:

http://www.football-data.co.uk/englandm.php

A bit fiddly to find at  first but I stick a filter on the spreadsheets and it's quick enough.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #3124 on: November 15, 2018, 08:38:36 AM »

It is truly incredible the prices the top v bottom go off now giiven how the epl tv money is supposed to be acting as a leveler as its equal across all teams yet the hugely dominant teams of the past like the great Manure/Arsenal/Liverpool teams never went off the prices the big 2 go off routinely nowadays for games.

When a lolbig 6 clash has a team going off 4/11 at home to a fellow lolbig6 team its incredible scenes really.  There used to be an old school saying in football betting in this era 'never bet odds on away' because there were hardly ever any odds on away teams and they were always deemed too short.   It is entirely possible man city could go off shade of odds on at Old trafford this season!
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3125 on: November 25, 2018, 09:24:58 AM »

Fourth time MUFC have failed to score at home in nine games this season. Fans booed at the end. MUFC's worst start to a season in 28 years.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3126 on: November 26, 2018, 12:27:28 PM »

Welcome to the modern day Manchester United, a stuttering, labouring, plodding monument to mediocrity assembled at exorbitant cost

says

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/11/24/manchester-united-vs-crystal-palace-premier-league-live-score/

My eyes are open wide
Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #3127 on: November 26, 2018, 01:04:03 PM »

Nothing wrong that a change of manager wouldn’t fix.

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3128 on: December 03, 2018, 03:16:01 PM »

Strange times when a lowly team draws with Man U & the Manager gets the sack.

I'm largely a neutral, but it's pretty sad to see the demise of Man U.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #3129 on: December 03, 2018, 03:44:20 PM »

Strange times when a lowly team draws with Man U & the Manager gets the sack.

I'm largely a neutral, but it's pretty sad to see the demise of Man U.

Don’t let Ironside hear you say that!

The ‘demise’ of MUFC is both somewhat exaggerated, and inevitable. Younger viewers will have known only the glory years of SAF, but some of us remember that it took a while to replace Sir Matt.
 McGuiness, O’Farrell, Docherty, Sexton and Atkinson all came and went with the odd cup success to savour before Ferguson arrived. It took him a few years to really get into his stride.

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3130 on: December 03, 2018, 04:06:30 PM »

the difference, compared to the prior generations, being the financial disparity top six v the rest now v then and Man U's transfer and wage spending correlating to a far higher position than 7th, were the league table to equate to spend

My eyes are open wide
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #3131 on: December 03, 2018, 05:21:49 PM »

the difference, compared to the prior generations, being the financial disparity top six v the rest now v then and Man U's transfer and wage spending correlating to a far higher position than 7th, were the league table to equate to spend

But looking at the current league alone is misleading; Manchester United have performed at least as well as Liverpool and Spurs in the Champion's League.   They outperformed them both in last year's Premier League too. 

You could probably make a decent case that they are performing in line with their spend since the beginning of last season.  It could be just City are outliers and Mourinho isn't nearly as popular with neutrals/press as Klopp, hence every bad result is magnified. It feels like a lot of this could be just short term variance.   

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #3132 on: December 03, 2018, 07:49:46 PM »

But looking at the current league alone is misleading; Manchester United have performed at least as well as Liverpool and Spurs in the Champion's League.   They outperformed them both in last year's Premier League too. 

You could probably make a decent case that they are performing in line with their spend since the beginning of last season.  It could be just City are outliers and Mourinho isn't nearly as popular with neutrals/press as Klopp, hence every bad result is magnified. It feels like a lot of this could be just short term variance.   

If spend automatically equates 100% to league position we might as well all give up now.

If that had been Mourinho dancing onto the pitch the press would have been calling for him to be put in the stocks.

MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #3133 on: December 03, 2018, 08:29:35 PM »

I just don't recognise Mourinho anymore. At Chelsea the bond he had with his players was tangible, like a band of brothers, hiding in the laundry basket to be with his team, a solid unit.

At United he feels almost poisonous towards the playing staff, constant criticism, saying they lack bottle & fight, professionalism, Pogba a 'virus', Shaw 'lazy' etc. I don't know what it's all about.   

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #3134 on: December 03, 2018, 09:52:42 PM »

This is a level doobs right?  I will bite.  Everyone knows manure should have comfortably finished 6th last year in the epl on all known data and it wasn't even close.
Pages: 1 ... 205 206 207 208 [209] 210 211 212 213 ... 242 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: