blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:36:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Manchester United, that didn't last long. Seven up
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 ... 242 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Manchester United, that didn't last long. Seven up  (Read 484700 times)
Jon MW

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 09, 2011, 10:11:30 PM »

I hate that half their fans are prawn sandwich business sorts loads of which are Chinese/Japanese, (Paul Houk will call me racist again now no doubt) and the other half are Londoners.

I hate the fact they never go to the games/mention their games all season yet never stfu when they win a trophy.

I hate that they think they have fanatical, fantastic support but when you watch 17/19 home league games on TV the place is always like a graveyard. (I will concede their away support is v good but that is no doubt the 3,000 or so old school hardcore).

I hate all the scummy people on Camel's list.

I hate Alex Ferguson and his moaning and cheating.

so?

it's only a game

Don't you think hate is an irrationally strong emotion to ascribe to things which might more reasonably be qualified as mildly irritating?

Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield

2011 blonde MTT League August Champion
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - 2007 Razz Champion
2007 WSOP Razz - 13/341
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: January 09, 2011, 10:13:27 PM »

I'm sensing you're not really into football that much Jon.
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 09, 2011, 10:16:05 PM »

wow jon, really? you think there's no place for extremes of emotion in football?

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
ChipRich

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 09, 2011, 10:18:09 PM »

I hate that half their fans are prawn sandwich business sorts loads of which are Chinese/Japanese, (Paul Houk will call me racist again now no doubt) and the other half are Londoners.

I hate the fact they never go to the games/mention their games all season yet never stfu when they win a trophy.

I hate that they think they have fanatical, fantastic support but when you watch 17/19 home league games on TV the place is always like a graveyard. (I will concede their away support is v good but that is no doubt the 3,000 or so old school hardcore).

so?

it's only a game

Don't you think hate is an irrationally strong emotion to ascribe to things which might more reasonably be qualified as mildly irritating?

Its not only a game though

fwiw, i hate them too.

Jones is a tool too.

George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 09, 2011, 10:21:49 PM »

I want to play. Will try not to swear.

When i went to the fa cup game last year at Old Trafford (which we won 1-0 fwiw) i saw lots of Asian fans with scarves on that were half Man Utd half Leeds designs. How ridiciolous is that! We have hated each other for 40 years. Its just a business now, more so than any other club.

The only thing i remotely like about them is that the only time i've been to Old Trafford for an away game we did them 1-0 when we were in League One! (duno if i've mentioned that yet)

Love this stuff. Makes me smile

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
Jon MW

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 09, 2011, 10:22:48 PM »

wow jon, really? you think there's no place for extremes of emotion in football?

Yes

in Football

Winning a match after being a long way behind, winning a league, winning a trophy
Losing in the final minutes, losing a big points lead, losing in general

but most of what is on most people's hate lists isn't about playing football

and hate is still a bit strong imo

Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield

2011 blonde MTT League August Champion
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - 2007 Razz Champion
2007 WSOP Razz - 13/341
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 09, 2011, 10:28:06 PM »

Yes

in Football

Winning a match after being a long way behind, winning a league, winning a trophy
Losing in the final minutes, losing a big points lead, losing in general

but most of what is on most people's hate lists isn't about playing football

and hate is still a bit strong imo

Your argument is very strong and the passion involved in supporting a football club really isn't logical.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 09, 2011, 10:32:59 PM »

Why the hate for Paul Scholes? Someone who doesn't talk to the press, trys very very hard, puts extra time in the training ground and has expressed his want to play for his hometown team (Oldham) before he dies.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
sweet potata!

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 09, 2011, 10:36:24 PM »

Why the hate for Paul Scholes? Someone who doesn't talk to the press, trys very very hard, puts extra time in the training ground and has expressed his want to play for his hometown team (Oldham) before he dies.

Possibly to do with the nasty side to his game where he goes round leaving his foot in constantly, getting an unreal amount of yellow cards in his career then we have to listen to comms saying he just can't tackle.
sweet potata!

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 09, 2011, 10:37:57 PM »

Oh and hes ginger ldo.
Horneris
#5 BH

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 09, 2011, 10:41:23 PM »

Oh and hes ginger ldo.

This

ChipRich

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 09, 2011, 10:42:02 PM »

Oh and hes ginger ldo.

yeah, fkin tosser.

Robert HM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: January 09, 2011, 10:43:00 PM »

Emotion and a footbal fan.

Years ago I had a discussion with a Sheff Utd follower, he concluded that as a fan you sign up to misery that is entrenched in the system. You have times of pleasure when you win, come back from behind etc etc but the close season is the time of the real emotion. You look back on the previous season and you have a few short months of extreme pleasure if won that trophy that you craved for the team but there is more likely to be months of misery because you didn't. After all there can only be one ultimate winner and a large number of also ran. Is it not surprising that there manifests a feeling of extreme dislike, bordering on hate, of any other team that made your months of summer a misery.

http://www.rooms-direct.co.uk - If you need some furniture, give Shogun a shout, he can do you some discount for Blonde Poker forum members..
sweet potata!

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 09, 2011, 10:43:10 PM »

What did we all think of Fergie taking back the players he  had loaned to Preston when his son got the chop?
Matt.NFFC.

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 09, 2011, 10:43:32 PM »

The list is long and detailed.

Paul Ince.

Norman Whiteside.

Mark Hughes.

Teddy Sheringham.

Roy Keane.

Gary Neville.

Peter Red Nose.

Mark Hughes.

Bryan Robson.

The ridiculous feeling of entitlement of their supporters.

Alex Ferguson's tapping his wristwatch.

But most of all, the 12 minutes of injury time they got in our relegation season which gave Cantona enough time to equalise and ultimately send us down.

Near perfect post........I'd also like to add the name of Brian "miserable face" Mcclair.

God I hate Man Utd almost as much as Derby.....vile!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 ... 242 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: