blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:31:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Manchester United, that didn't last long. Seven up
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 ... 242 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Manchester United, that didn't last long. Seven up  (Read 484661 times)
Josedinho

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: January 09, 2011, 10:43:43 PM »

In all seriousness have no idea why people get wound up by United fans being from all over

Why care so much?
Because you should support where you come from. That's the whole point. The club is representing your city/town/village etc. I know people move around a lot more these days but there is a disproportionate amount of scum fans everywhere just because sad individuals need to support the best team.
Support your local team or the team passed on to you from generation to generation. If you want to support winners just look at the results at 5 then watch match of the day and cheer on the teams you know go on to win.
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 09, 2011, 10:44:12 PM »

scholes is ginger manure. he's like a cross between rich and jones

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
ChipRich

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 09, 2011, 10:44:18 PM »

What did we all think of Fergie taking back the players he  had loaned to Preston when his son got the chop?

tosser

The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 09, 2011, 10:47:33 PM »

Why the hate for Paul Scholes? Someone who doesn't talk to the press, trys very very hard, puts extra time in the training ground and has expressed his want to play for his hometown team (Oldham) before he dies.

He is one the dirtiest players I have ever seen.

If he played for someone else he would have a record number of red cards.

And honestly he isn't as good as everyone cracks him up to be.

There are a few Utd players I don't mind: Giggs, Andy Cole, Neil Webb, Paul Parker obv.

Basically the non dirty, non moaning types.. It is unfortunately quite a short list.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
Horneris
#5 BH

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 09, 2011, 10:47:56 PM »

In all seriousness have no idea why people get wound up by United fans being from all over

Why care so much?
Because you should support where you come from. That's the whole point. The club is representing your city/town/village etc. I know people move around a lot more these days but there is a disproportionate amount of scum fans everywhere just because sad individuals need to support the best team.
Support your local team or the team passed on to you from generation to generation. If you want to support winners just look at the results at 5 then watch match of the day and cheer on the teams you know go on to win.

This a cracking post

Matt.NFFC.

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 09, 2011, 10:48:14 PM »

Why care so much?

This.......and that's why football generates so much passion.  I feel I have to do my bit to keep the family tradition going......it's in your blood and it aint gonna go away!
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 09, 2011, 10:48:30 PM »

OTOH, George Best, Bobby Charlton, Paul McGrath, Martin Buchan, Bryan Robson and managers like Tommy Docherty

I just detest them since they got good, it's been quite a long hate.

sola virtus nobilitat
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 09, 2011, 10:48:49 PM »

Great thread thx guys

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 09, 2011, 10:49:40 PM »

What did we all think of Fergie taking back the players he  had loaned to Preston when his son got the chop?

The only thing I am surprised about is that people are surprised about this.

sweet potata!

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 09, 2011, 10:50:52 PM »

Thread of year candidate here
The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 09, 2011, 10:54:57 PM »

Why care so much?

This a cracking post

It is one of the best things about living in the North East.

When you walk around Darlo town centre the kids actually wear Darlo shirts (and Darlo are complete tez), you see the odd Middlesbrough or Toon shirt, but Utd, Lolerpool or Chelski are completely absent.

Pompey is the only other town I've spent any time in that has similar attribute.

The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 09, 2011, 10:55:32 PM »

Emotion and a footbal fan.

Years ago I had a discussion with a Sheff Utd follower, he concluded that as a fan you sign up to misery that is entrenched in the system. You have times of pleasure when you win, come back from behind etc etc but the close season is the time of the real emotion. You look back on the previous season and you have a few short months of extreme pleasure if won that trophy that you craved for the team but there is more likely to be months of misery because you didn't. After all there can only be one ultimate winner and a large number of also ran. Is it not surprising that there manifests a feeling of extreme dislike, bordering on hate, of any other team that made your months of summer a misery.

Very good post.

Horneris
#5 BH

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 09, 2011, 10:56:05 PM »

George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 09, 2011, 11:06:48 PM »

Why care so much?

Where does it say your supposed to support the team where your from? Surely it's up to the individual.

I get tarnished for being glory boy. I do not give a shite. I am from Leicester and I support United. There's reasons for it that have nothing to do with their success. Success came many years after following them. I have also been to games. It also probably significantly difficult to get tickets to Man U games than any other clubs

I don't like other clubs but more to do with rivalry than anything else. Also don't think there's many people on here who are in a position to judge- u all have season tickets do you?

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
CelticGeezeer

Viva la Quinta Brigada

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: January 09, 2011, 11:07:03 PM »

“Jealousy is no more than feeling alone against smiling enemies”

"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." - Dom Helder Camara
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 ... 242 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: