blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:04:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Manchester United, that didn't last long. Seven up
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 ... 242 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Manchester United, that didn't last long. Seven up  (Read 484729 times)
sweet potata!

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: January 09, 2011, 11:17:47 PM »

What did we all think of Fergie taking back the players he  had loaned to Preston when his son got the chop?

What did ye make of this yourself George?
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 09, 2011, 11:19:18 PM »

Also don't think there's many people on here who are in a position to judge- u all have season tickets do you?

yes thanks, so does that mean I can judge?

I'd actually say most people who've posted on here up to now also have STs or attend games regularly

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 09, 2011, 11:24:18 PM »

Also don't think there's many people on here who are in a position to judge- u all have season tickets do you?

I'd actually say most people who've posted on here up to now also have STs or attend games regularly

Did say most. Depends how you would define regularly.

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 09, 2011, 11:24:39 PM »

What did we all think of Fergie taking back the players he  had loaned to Preston when his son got the chop?

What did ye make of this yourself George?

Wouldn't expect anything less from the great man

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 09, 2011, 11:24:58 PM »

I've lived in the North East for 7 years now, and this is the first season I've let my season ticket lapse.

FML that this is this the most successful season for nearly 30 years!

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
Josedinho

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 09, 2011, 11:27:57 PM »

In all seriousness have no idea why people get wound up by United fans being from all over

Why care so much?
Because you should support where you come from. That's the whole point. The club is representing your city/town/village etc. I know people move around a lot more these days but there is a disproportionate amount of scum fans everywhere just because sad individuals need to support the best team.
Support your local team or the team passed on to you from generation to generation. If you want to support winners just look at the results at 5 then watch match of the day and cheer on the teams you know go on to win.

Where does it say your supposed to support the team where your from? Surely it's up to the individual.

In the name of the team.

There probably some perfectly logical reasons to supporting a club from a different place to the one that you were born, grew up in or live in. I'd probably find it hard not to support Man U if "Lee Sharpe was the first Merlin sticker I ever got" or "when I was holding a fork one dinner time my Dad said I looked like the Man U mascot" or I had a red lunch box at school etc

It's never the trophies though.
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 09, 2011, 11:29:55 PM »

In all seriousness have no idea why people get wound up by United fans being from all over

Why care so much?
Because you should support where you come from. That's the whole point. The club is representing your city/town/village etc. I know people move around a lot more these days but there is a disproportionate amount of scum fans everywhere just because sad individuals need to support the best team.
Support your local team or the team passed on to you from generation to generation. If you want to support winners just look at the results at 5 then watch match of the day and cheer on the teams you know go on to win.

Where does it say your supposed to support the team where your from? Surely it's up to the individual.

In the name of the team.

There probably some perfectly logical reasons to supporting a club from a different place to the one that you were born, grew up in or live in. I'd probably find it hard not to support Man U if "Lee Sharpe was the first Merlin sticker I ever got" or "when I was holding a fork one dinner time my Dad said I looked like the Man U mascot" or I had a red lunch box at school etc

So what if people wanna follow a successful team?

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
Robert HM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: January 09, 2011, 11:30:34 PM »

Why care so much?

I get tarnished for being glory boy. I do not give a shite. I am from Leicester and I support United. There's reasons for it that have nothing to do with their success. Success came many years after following them. I have also been to games. It also probably significantly difficult to get tickets to Man U games than any other clubs

I don't like other clubs but more to do with rivalry than anything else. Also don't think there's many people on here who are in a position to judge- u all have season tickets do you?

I hardly get to Nottingham ever to watch a game. But when living there I would go to every home game, at one stage I was also going to every home reserve game. In that city, you would have hardly been called a glory hunter if supporting Notts County, though I did start supporting them when they took the old fourth division by storm. Can you imagine the feeling of a County supporter whilst Forest were getting their annual open bus tour of the City with the league cup of other trophy. I supported County as I lived in the City, it was the nearest club and my next door neighbour was a County fan and took me to the home games when I was a kid. I still support them, after a 1/3rd of a century, even now I live in the South, you can't pick and choose you team and change with the wind. I am in a position to judge the obvious.

http://www.rooms-direct.co.uk - If you need some furniture, give Shogun a shout, he can do you some discount for Blonde Poker forum members..
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 09, 2011, 11:33:43 PM »

I've lived in the North East for 7 years now, and this is the first season I've let my season ticket lapse.

FML that this is this the most successful season for nearly 30 years!

I had a season ticket while living in poland. we were still shit though

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
paulhouk03
Cliqueless

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 09, 2011, 11:38:46 PM »

Why care so much?

fk off im not gonna be supporting fanling united.  If i try hard I probs coulda made the team or even buy them out.
I support Man yoo because they wear a red shirt (lucky) and david beckham
« Last Edit: January 09, 2011, 11:44:56 PM by paulhouk03 » Logged

Just me
Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 09, 2011, 11:38:48 PM »

The footy club you support is not about the team, the stadium or who owns it, its about the supporters, the local area and the history of that club.

If I supported a club 200 miles always from where I grew up then I wouldn't get it either.

So we have two sets of fans, those that are true to their local club however shit they are and those that aint.

Josedinho

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 09, 2011, 11:41:07 PM »

Why care so much?

In the name of the team.

I think everyone wants to follow a successful team don't they?
The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 09, 2011, 11:47:03 PM »

Why care so much?

In the name of the team.

I think everyone wants to follow a successful team don't they?

To truly appreciate success you must have suffered failure, disappointment and heartache.

I admire the way Arsenal play football, but the complete outrage of some of their supporters because they haven't won a trophy since 2005 is pathetic.

The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 09, 2011, 11:48:38 PM »

Why care so much?

fk off im not gonna be supporting fanling united.  If i try hard I probs coulda made the team or even buy them out.

Barnsley and York City wear red too.

Keith Houchen used to play for York, he's as much of an icon as Beckham surely?

paulhouk03
Cliqueless

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 09, 2011, 11:52:46 PM »

Why care so much?

Barnsley and York City wear red too.

Keith Houchen used to play for York, he's as much of an icon as Beckham surely?

barnsley and york city were not on the tv in fanling

also who is houchen
btw i was born in the 1986 Smiley

Just me
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 ... 242 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: