blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:15:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Manchester United, that didn't last long. Seven up
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 ... 242 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Manchester United, that didn't last long. Seven up  (Read 484745 times)
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #660 on: January 08, 2012, 03:31:33 PM »

Probably also in the (un)neutral camp and I thought the red was fine. Annoying it possibly spoilt some entertainment but the ref's not there to make it entertaining.

Really? It was about bad a decision as I've ever seen

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #661 on: January 08, 2012, 03:43:31 PM »

Probably also in the (un)neutral camp and I thought the red was fine. Annoying it possibly spoilt some entertainment but the ref's not there to make it entertaining.

Usually your job this, but I think i'll call bs on that

Poor decision maybe, but we've seen plenty worse

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
Josedinho

View Profile
« Reply #662 on: January 08, 2012, 03:50:27 PM »

Really? It definitely wasn't the worst decision I've seen this week.
Goes in with both feet. Not really jumped in or studs up but he looked like he was covering whichever way Nani went. Meant nani was getting nailed whatever he did. He got the ball but I think it was wreckless. Can understand why Foy's given him a red there.
I think any challenge made with 2 feet that could have been made with one is always running the risk of being classed as excessive force.
The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #663 on: January 08, 2012, 05:44:00 PM »

As a neutral i obv wanted man city.

standard

lol I was going to say - an awful lot of 'neutrals' don't seem in the slightest bit neutral.

If I'm a neutral in any game I want to see lots of goals and action - I'd have thought this game would fit the bill pretty well

As a neutral I want uncertaintly of outcome. Unfortunately after 10 minutes this was never possible.

[ ] very prescient of you

did you see uncertainty of outcome at half time in Istanbul? (A night when I cheered on Liverpool for probably the last time ever)

Ultimately I was correct.

Of course not. The point which you seem to have missed is that the ref wasn't brilliant today. Although just looking at it again I can see why he gave a red.
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #664 on: January 08, 2012, 06:06:46 PM »

l
The point which you seem to have missed is that the ref wasn't brilliant today. Although just looking at it again I can see why he gave a red.

[/quote]

I acknowledged as much in an earlier post, and up till now haven't mentioned the penalty we didn't get.

Solaris

View Profile
« Reply #665 on: January 08, 2012, 06:11:46 PM »

I acknowledged as much in an earlier post, and up till now haven't mentioned the penalty we didn't get.

Which incident happened first?
Skgv

View Profile
« Reply #666 on: January 08, 2012, 07:55:44 PM »

As a neutral i obv wanted man city.

standard
Still who ever changed the rules are idiots as how can you win the ball an not touch the other player an get sent off? Non contact sport for football ?

lol I was going to say - an awful lot of 'neutrals' don't seem in the slightest bit neutral.

If I'm a neutral in any game I want to see lots of goals and action - I'd have thought this game would fit the bill pretty well

As a neutral I want uncertaintly of outcome. Unfortunately after 10 minutes this was never possible.

[ ] very prescient of you

did you see uncertainty of outcome at half time in Istanbul? (A night when I cheered on Liverpool for probably the last time ever)

Ultimately I was correct.

Of course not. The point which you seem to have missed is that the ref wasn't brilliant today. Although just looking at it again I can see why he gave a red.

mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #667 on: January 08, 2012, 08:08:20 PM »

It wasn't a red, was still a good game though.
outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #668 on: January 09, 2012, 12:08:32 AM »

Since when is a head on 2 footed lunging tackle with feet off the ground not a red card?

I've just watched it, only reason people don't think it's red is because foy didn't insta blow his whistle

Good ref ing IMO

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
Indestructable

View Profile
« Reply #669 on: January 09, 2012, 06:57:05 AM »

Happened right in front of me at the match and fairly obvious it wasn't a Red (or even a foul) but ref missed an obvious penalty for United in the 2nd half so no complaints on the result from me. Great game and may help City in the long run getting knocked out, although a ban for Kompany is going to hurt.  Sad
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #670 on: January 09, 2012, 08:22:06 AM »

Nice of the FA to give us a bye to the 5th round as reward

George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #671 on: February 11, 2012, 01:54:28 PM »

Cmon!

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #672 on: February 12, 2012, 08:40:01 PM »

Pretty tired of the Suarez thing and the constant repetition of unfounded references to Evra being a 'known liar' with history for unfounded allegations of racism.

This comes from an article in The Guardian, but similar articles appeared elsewhere if you care to look.

But Evra never cited racism in the Chelsea case, contrary to what you may have read elsewhere. Liverpool's extraordinary statement referred to Evra having no credibility and used as an example his "prior unfounded accusations". Except it was Mike Phelan, United's assistant manager, and Richard Hartis, the goalkeeping coach, who purported to hear the word "immigrant" used at Stamford Bridge. The story that it was Evra has gathered so much momentum now that even the usually reliable Press Association presented it as fact. Liverpool, they said, were referring to "racism allegations Evra made against Chelsea groundsman Sam Bethell, which were not proven".

The truth is something completely different. Likewise, Evra kept his distance when two deaf United fans complained they had lip‑read Steve Finnan making a racist remark to him during a Liverpool-United game in 2006. The simple truth is that Evra has complained of being racially abused only once before, and that was the 1-1 draw at Anfield on 15 October.

Posted here, rather than there, because the Liverpool fans have much bigger things to worry about.

We have a title to win, we're second, playing below par. Finish the season playing as we should and who knows.

amcgrath1uk

View Profile
« Reply #673 on: February 13, 2012, 12:27:49 AM »

Wayne Rooney showing his class and intelligence on Twitter again tonight:

"@tomclevz23 @rioferdy5 zzzzzzzzzzz pga golf is on. Come on boys. Funny that 2 toures was there all the way and lost. Haha."

Very classy !

George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #674 on: February 13, 2012, 12:53:53 AM »

Wayne Rooney showing his class and intelligence on Twitter again tonight:

"@tomclevz23 @rioferdy5 zzzzzzzzzzz pga golf is on. Come on boys. Funny that 2 toures was there all the way and lost. Haha."

Very classy !

He's a chav. What do you expect? Is funny tho

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 ... 242 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: