blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 06:32:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272534 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Manchester United, that didn't last long. Seven up
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 ... 242 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Manchester United, that didn't last long. Seven up  (Read 487625 times)
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #675 on: February 13, 2012, 07:38:06 AM »

Wayne Rooney showing his class and intelligence on Twitter again tonight:

"@tomclevz23 @rioferdy5 zzzzzzzzzzz pga golf is on. Come on boys. Funny that 2 toures was there all the way and lost. Haha."

Very classy !

He's a chav. What do you expect? Is funny tho

Take issue there George, he's no Chav.

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
Alverton

View Profile
« Reply #676 on: February 13, 2012, 06:11:17 PM »

Wayne Rooney showing his class and intelligence on Twitter again tonight:

"@tomclevz23 @rioferdy5 zzzzzzzzzzz pga golf is on. Come on boys. Funny that 2 toures was there all the way and lost. Haha."

Very classy !

He's a chav. What do you expect? Is funny tho

Take issue there George, he's no Chav.

You are correct sir, he managed to find a level below a Chav.
The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #677 on: February 13, 2012, 08:04:04 PM »

Pretty tired of the Suarez thing and the constant repetition of unfounded references to Evra being a 'known liar' with history for unfounded allegations of racism.

This comes from an article in The Guardian, but similar articles appeared elsewhere if you care to look.

But Evra never cited racism in the Chelsea case, contrary to what you may have read elsewhere. Liverpool's extraordinary statement referred to Evra having no credibility and used as an example his "prior unfounded accusations". Except it was Mike Phelan, United's assistant manager, and Richard Hartis, the goalkeeping coach, who purported to hear the word "immigrant" used at Stamford Bridge. The story that it was Evra has gathered so much momentum now that even the usually reliable Press Association presented it as fact. Liverpool, they said, were referring to "racism allegations Evra made against Chelsea groundsman Sam Bethell, which were not proven".

The truth is something completely different. Likewise, Evra kept his distance when two deaf United fans complained they had lip‑read Steve Finnan making a racist remark to him during a Liverpool-United game in 2006. The simple truth is that Evra has complained of being racially abused only once before, and that was the 1-1 draw at Anfield on 15 October.

Posted here, rather than there, because the Liverpool fans have much bigger things to worry about.

We have a title to win, we're second, playing below par. Finish the season playing as we should and who knows.

Evra gave evidence in Phelan's favour which the FA called exaggerated and unreliable, even though he was closer to the apparent "racist" than Phelan. So he lied.
The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #678 on: February 13, 2012, 08:18:19 PM »

Tbf to Evra one FA report means nothing to me. I can't hammer them for the Suarez verdict then say their "opinion" on Evra is correct. But this isn't the only incident where he's lied or not been honest. Even the day he was "racially abused" he ran around after the red for ten mins saying he'd won the toss claiming to have picked yellow instead of blue.

One player getting stick today unfairly IMO is Rio Ferdinand. He's fought against racism his whole career and his non handshake was him sticking to his beliefs. I actually think he carried himself very well.
paulhouk03
Cliqueless

View Profile
« Reply #679 on: February 13, 2012, 08:40:51 PM »

evra is french

there fore he is a nob

Just me
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #680 on: February 13, 2012, 08:53:14 PM »

Tbf to Evra one FA report means nothing to me. I can't hammer them for the Suarez verdict then say their "opinion" on Evra is correct. But this isn't the only incident where he's lied or not been honest. Even the day he was "racially abused" he ran around after the red for ten mins saying he'd won the toss claiming to have picked yellow instead of blue.

One player getting stick today unfairly IMO is Rio Ferdinand. He's fought against racism his whole career and his non handshake was him sticking to his beliefs. I actually think he carried himself very well.

Links to other incidents where he lied? This bit about the toss for instance, is it in the same vein as the Kuyt allegations from the day?

The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #681 on: February 13, 2012, 10:24:21 PM »

Links to other incidents where he lied? This bit about the toss for instance, is it in the same vein as the Kuyt allegations from the day?

Errr no it's from the ref's report, included in the FA's transcript you obviously read. Sigh.

Try doing your own research maybe?
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #682 on: February 17, 2012, 01:04:43 PM »

Errr no it's from the ref's report, included in the FA's transcript you obviously read. Sigh.

Try doing your own research maybe?

Err 'ran around after the ref for 10 minutes'? Para 329 is the only reference to the coin toss issue and makes no mention of it going on beyond the initial comment/complaint.

No evidence about the previous incidents where 'he's lied or not been honest' then?
« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 01:15:12 PM by david3103 » Logged

The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #683 on: February 18, 2012, 09:45:53 AM »

Plenty. Most of which has already been mentioned so won't be hard to find.
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #684 on: February 18, 2012, 10:12:27 AM »

Ahh you mean all the vague allegations and half-truths that have been exposed elsewhere.

Thought you'd come up with something fresh.

Should've known better

The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #685 on: February 18, 2012, 02:14:48 PM »

Ahh you mean all the vague allegations and half-truths that have been exposed elsewhere.

Thought you'd come up with something fresh.

Should've known better

How are they vague allegations and half truths? Still not reading up on things you're arguing about?
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #686 on: February 18, 2012, 05:32:22 PM »

Cba to go back through the 'everbody's against us' thread, but pretty sure that every allegation against Evra in there was covered and shown to be guff, or exaggeration.

If you have specifics that you're sure of post them

[  ] I'll then waste a few more posts saying they've been dealt with and the answers shouldn't be hard to find

david3103

View Profile
« Reply #687 on: March 05, 2012, 03:23:57 PM »

So, the worst Manchester United team in living memory fields players aged from 19 to 99, allows Tottenham to harrass them from fron to back for 44 minutes and then score somewhat against the run of play.
Victory never in doubt really after that.

We've struggled in recent years against teams who can find the energy and commitment to get in our faces all over the pitch. 'Arry knew this and had his players well up for it. Press the back line; press in midfield; get bodies around and behind the ball in your own half and we've had problems.
Yesterday we dealt with them better than for ages.
Encouraging signs as we enter the final quarter of the season.

sweet potata!

View Profile
« Reply #688 on: March 05, 2012, 05:24:15 PM »

In fairness you ran into a depleted Spurs team.
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #689 on: March 05, 2012, 08:18:26 PM »

In fairness you ran into a depleted Spurs team.

Fair point. Bale, and Parker, missing makes a big difference to them.
We have a few on the injured list too though

Pages: 1 ... 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 ... 242 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: