blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 02:59:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272537 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Manchester United, that didn't last long. Seven up
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 ... 242 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Manchester United, that didn't last long. Seven up  (Read 487982 times)
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #765 on: April 03, 2012, 01:43:26 AM »

managers love players like welbeck, he iis an abs handful and is more than happy to go 'in behind' would be v.surprised if he left.

Berbatov, macheda to leave i assume.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
Josedinho

View Profile
« Reply #766 on: April 04, 2012, 08:32:56 AM »

Welbeck is class. Just buy Gylfi
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #767 on: April 06, 2012, 12:37:21 PM »

So - a win at home on Sunday, and North London's Maestroes getting a win at home as well and we're eight points clear.

Maybe April 30th won't turn out to be the title decider that Sky would dearly love it to be...

However... many a slip 'twixt cup and lip as they say - QPR may just bite us.  SAF could be tempted to rest a few with a trip to a revitalised Wigan coing up on Wednesday.

7/1 available for the draw and 16/1 the win but that doesn't look like 'value' given that Blackburn were far longer odds and in a similar run of form on New Year's Eve.

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #768 on: April 08, 2012, 05:51:16 PM »

<3 arsenal - just for today!

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #769 on: April 08, 2012, 10:37:04 PM »

This isn't meant as an insult but Chelsea/Arsenal/Man City all contributed to their own downfalls. I can't remember too many 'great' Man U performances but what they've done better (perhaps more so than any other season) is 'just enough'. So many games where Man U squeezed out results and when we played you in January and it looked (and I would say still looks) as though you have no midfield and are miles off the pace in European terms but the mentality has never wavered and is what got you through.

I guess what I'm saying is that all the title contenders have gone backwards this year (with the exception of City, who've moved forward obviously, but still with numerous and fatal flaws) so it's a case of Man U as being the best of a bad lot (in relative terms - it's a very weak Premiership this year imo).

I hope no-one takes that as a dig, but when you compare the top teams to Barca etc...no-one looks good enough. But congrats and everything, coming back from that 6-1 defeat to City and the big points deficit obvious means you deserve it. You definitely need new central midfielder(s) and a striker though, maybe even a new central defender to go with Vidic.

George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #770 on: April 08, 2012, 10:51:17 PM »

Chris. Agree. We are a one man team

SAF take a bow Sir

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #771 on: April 08, 2012, 11:40:06 PM »

SAF take a bow Sir

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
amcgrath1uk

View Profile
« Reply #772 on: April 08, 2012, 11:51:23 PM »

SAF take a bow Sir

The referee? Wink

I must be honest, I can't quite believe just how many games you lot have managed to win since xmas. Title well n truly deserved.

mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #773 on: April 08, 2012, 11:59:37 PM »

It really does just show how unreal Fergie is, this is by far his greatest achievement for me. If he was City manager they'd have pissed the league this season ainec. I really am not a fan of Mancini and have said so many times before, his tactics are terrible in so many games. I'm not even sure they went for the win today, I really think they didn't but that just seems absurd. At no point in the 2nd half did he show any real intention of going for the win, just joke bad.

City lost the title not Man U won it, congrats and everything but City have really fucked it up.
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #774 on: April 09, 2012, 12:08:17 AM »

Overall a pretty poor Premiership offering this year. The Champions League has shown up how good the English clubs are.

Well done Man U - your 13 men were just too good for our 10 today.
jackinbeat

View Profile
« Reply #775 on: April 09, 2012, 03:01:42 AM »

This isn't meant as an insult but Chelsea/Arsenal/Man City all contributed to their own downfalls. I can't remember too many 'great' Man U performances but what they've done better (perhaps more so than any other season) is 'just enough'. So many games where Man U squeezed out results and when we played you in January and it looked (and I would say still looks) as though you have no midfield and are miles off the pace in European terms but the mentality has never wavered and is what got you through.

I guess what I'm saying is that all the title contenders have gone backwards this year (with the exception of City, who've moved forward obviously, but still with numerous and fatal flaws) so it's a case of Man U as being the best of a bad lot (in relative terms - it's a very weak Premiership this year imo).

I hope no-one takes that as a dig, but when you compare the top teams to Barca etc...no-one looks good enough. But congrats and everything, coming back from that 6-1 defeat to City and the big points deficit obvious means you deserve it. You definitely need new central midfielder(s) and a striker though, maybe even a new central defender to go with Vidic.

Love this thread, but then again I would. Quick point, you seem to forget what we did to Arsenal, ok it's a while back, and kinda overshadowed by what the bitters did to us a while later but hey, don't forget it please.

I'll add now that i haven't been to Old Trafford since the glaziers too over and started asset stripping our club in a very sneaky way. So to get my fix of live football, it's off to gigg lane and the wonderful team that is FC United Of Manchester. I'll always be a United fan, just not giving my money to the glaziers, never. I miss Old trafford, but won't go back for that reason alone, not till the robbing yanks are gone (however that might happen). The glaziers are the reason we are not up there with Barca and Madrid, we've spent less money than the majority of premier league clubs over the last few years, why because they've robbed us of more money than the bitters have spent on players. The premier league has suffered as a whole too, but that's a long and twisting argument, that has no clear answer, and I'm not going to go into all the ins and outs of it.

What has shone through is Sir Alex, the backbone he rebuilt after we got rid of that piss head Atkinson and his squads love a beer or two, or ten. The team spirit, the never give up attitude, and the seemingly endless flow of new talent coming through. Of course this has been a MUFC trait since before I was born, and with players like Ole and Scholes moving into the reserve and youth team set ups it's a reason the club have survived and continued to florish in such tough conditions (in comparison to other top clubs around Europe with the spending power).

We've not won number 20 yet, and I'll never do a Keegan and start celebrating too soon. Facebook today has pissed me off, so  any plastic reds jumping about like we've won it, great day for the red side of Manchester, not lighting the victory blunt just yet.

To those that said Citeh lost it, they didn't lose it, they've got 15 more points than they had at this time last year, they've just shown they're not good enough to win it, and hopefully that won't change in the next six games. We never do it the easy way, and knowing that I'll not be celebrating till it's in the bag, but will say we've done everything right so far since xmas and that is why we are winning, not so much that citeh have fuct it up, you cant win the premier league in December, April maybe. :-)

On all the poker forums I've been on this is the first I've seen a decent football thread on MUFC, haven't got the time to read it all, but read some comments that are clearly from true football fans. blonde delivers. Top thread.

What do I get, no sleep at night.
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #776 on: April 09, 2012, 03:09:11 AM »

I said about City losing it not Man U winning which is a little unfair since you've only dropped 2 points since we beat you in January, again congrats and wp. It was Citys to lose though and there form has been terrible for a while. If Mourinho goes to City next year they win the title for certain.
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #777 on: April 09, 2012, 04:50:50 AM »

de gea, fabio,rafael, evans, ferdinand, evra, giggs, scholes, carrick, nani to an extent,  barry, milner, kolo toure, ballotelli, aguero, tevez, berbatov, welbeck.

All of the above and im sure there is more are players who i either 1/ wouldnt be frightened about and think we could handle or 2/players that are vunerable and that we could exploit.

If you look at the arsenal team who were undefeated, the chelsea team who ruled for years, the  man united team of the 90s, you would really sturggle to name even a handful that could be compared to the above.

There are so many different sides from premiership history who would have won the league this year.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #778 on: April 09, 2012, 07:56:48 AM »

This poor Manchester United team have the very real chance of setting a new points record for the Premier League.

I don't see what point is being made here - but I do know that a Newcastle fan should understand that the whole being greater than the sum of the parts is what lifts a team above the pack.

e
de gea, fabio,rafael, evans, ferdinand, evra, giggs, scholes, carrick, nani to an extent,  barry, milner, kolo toure, ballotelli, aguero, tevez, berbatov, welbeck.

All of the above and im sure there is more are players who i either 1/ wouldnt be frightened about and think we could handle or 2/players that are vunerable and that we could exploit.

If you look at the arsenal team who were undefeated, the chelsea team who ruled for years, the  man united team of the 90s, you would really sturggle to name even a handful that could be compared to the above.

There are so many different sides from premiership history who would have won the league this year.

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
Josedinho

View Profile
« Reply #779 on: April 09, 2012, 09:14:29 AM »

Record points tally is a measure of the league strength as well as the strength of the team.
You can only win the league you are in, city losing it or a poor man u team doesn't really matter. So congrats.

Still some title races hotting up - Championship (west ham have tough game and top 2 meet later this week) - La Liga (real 10 point lead cut to 4 with a classico still to play) so plenty of other football to get excited about.
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 ... 242 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: