blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 11:39:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272534 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Manchester United, that didn't last long. Seven up
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 67 ... 242 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Manchester United, that didn't last long. Seven up  (Read 487877 times)
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #930 on: May 28, 2012, 11:36:54 PM »

apparently it's here but not working for me

http://manutdnetwork.com/forum/topics/rom-article-why-saying-man-u-isn-t-so-bad-part-2

I've not read it yet so caveat emptor or summat

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #931 on: May 28, 2012, 11:45:19 PM »

Funny how football can be. If man city don't score two united are champs. If bayern hold on for 6 more mins Chelsea are a club in obscurity and hazard probs nailed on to come to united.

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #932 on: May 28, 2012, 11:57:14 PM »

Massive blow not getting hazard. Think he's pretty much gtd a starting spot which will also have made his mind up

You don't think he was also gtd a spot at that red team you support ? Never seen him play but from the clamour for his signing I'd expect he'd instantly be your best midfielder.
sovietsong

View Profile
« Reply #933 on: May 29, 2012, 07:45:08 AM »

Funny how football can be. If man city don't score two united are champs. If bayern hold on for 6 more mins Chelsea are a club in obscurity and hazard probs nailed on to come to united.

Very true, if mark robins hadnt bagged the winner vs notts Forrest in 1989 fergie prob would have been sacked!

In the category of Funniest Poster I nominate sovietsong. - mantis 21/12/2012
jackinbeat

View Profile
« Reply #934 on: May 29, 2012, 08:06:31 AM »

The origin of "Man .u." is a song to insult the dead Duncan Edwards.

so when the club and media used it pre-munich they knew he was going to die and decided to do it to insult him?

and when they continued to use it after munich they were just being real bastards?

I know it's no where near the same level. But you could say the same about the Nazi symbol, look what happened to that. It became offensive, just like the term Man U, it became something offensive, just thought United fans should know their history, that is all.

What do I get, no sleep at night.
sovietsong

View Profile
« Reply #935 on: May 29, 2012, 08:30:41 AM »

so when the club and media used it pre-munich they knew he was going to die and decided to do it to insult him?

and when they continued to use it after munich they were just being real bastards?

I know it's no where near the same level. But you could say the same about the Nazi symbol, look what happened to that. It became offensive, just like the term Man U, it became something offensive, just thought United fans should know their history, that is all.

Rofl

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin's_law

In the category of Funniest Poster I nominate sovietsong. - mantis 21/12/2012
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #936 on: May 29, 2012, 10:13:10 AM »

Very true, if mark robins hadnt bagged the winner vs notts Forrest in 1989 fergie prob would have been sacked!

That's often quoted, and equally often denied.

Football,as poker, as life, is full of 'Sliding Door' moments. That's what keeps it interesting.

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
jackinbeat

View Profile
« Reply #937 on: May 29, 2012, 12:21:16 PM »

Rofl

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin's_law

I like to give these law setters some ammo.

What do I get, no sleep at night.
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #938 on: August 15, 2012, 08:18:14 PM »

Thoughts on RVP signing? Think we needed a striker but will he fit in? Form a partnership with Rooney? 24m too much for a 29 yo?

What about our midfield? Is it string enough to compete and winboth at home and in Europe?

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #939 on: August 15, 2012, 08:43:16 PM »

Thoughts on RVP signing? Think we needed a striker but will he fit in? Form a partnership with Rooney? 24m too much for a 29 yo?

What about our midfield? Is it string enough to compete and winboth at home and in Europe?

I'm sure he'll fit in fine for the fifteen or so games that he normally plays in an average season.

How long is a piece of strong?

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
c4ught

View Profile
« Reply #940 on: August 15, 2012, 08:45:05 PM »

A 29yr old that has only once played over 30 games in a season.....that was last season. Fingers crossed as he has got older his injuries have left him behind.

I am definitely excited at the prospect of going to watch him.

Big seasons for Anderson and Cleverly I reckon but have we being saying that for the past few seasons about Anderson?
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #941 on: August 15, 2012, 08:45:49 PM »

Love how all ur arsenal fans are so bitter Smiley

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #942 on: August 15, 2012, 09:04:30 PM »

Love how all ur arsenal fans are so bitter Smiley

Well the thing is that we made you pay over the odds for a 29 year-old player who is in the last year of his contract and has a history of being injury-prone over six years. Hopefully he's put his injury problems behind him but realistically players tend to become more rather than less injury-prone as they get older, you only have to check out your aging defenders to see that.

Arsenal fans are bitter as we stood by Robin through all of those injury-ridden seasons and a scandal or two as well like AW did. We thought he would have a little more loyalty but whatever, £24M seems reasonable enough to me.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
JK

Probably the worst player here

View Profile
« Reply #943 on: August 15, 2012, 09:05:43 PM »

Doesnt matter now anyway. Failed his medical at United due to a bad back from carrying 10 men for a whole season.
Josedinho

View Profile
« Reply #944 on: August 15, 2012, 09:08:10 PM »

Good deal for Arsenal but a good player for Man Utd. Doesn't seem to fit a plan but maybe a bit similar to Nasri last season. Wasn't necessary but it's important he didn't go to the other Manchester club.
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 67 ... 242 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: