blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 02:23:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Manchester United, that didn't last long. Seven up
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 90 91 [92] 93 94 95 96 ... 242 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Manchester United, that didn't last long. Seven up  (Read 489741 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1365 on: March 06, 2013, 03:55:59 PM »

FWIW I would have hooked RVP off straight after it, get Rooney running around like a maniac deeper, even making a 4-5-0, anything to stop Alonso and then Modric getting on the ball.

It was 1-1 on agg so if they had done this they had roughly 65 minutes (to full time and extra time) to hold without an outlet ball playing no one up?

You might be right, but I reckon SAF realised that most likely he would have to score again

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #1366 on: March 06, 2013, 04:01:09 PM »

FWIW I would have hooked RVP off straight after it, get Rooney running around like a maniac deeper, even making a 4-5-0, anything to stop Alonso and then Modric getting on the ball.

It was 1-1 on agg so if they had done this they had roughly 65 minutes (to full time and extra time) to hold without an outlet ball playing no one up?

You might be right, but I reckon SAF realised that most likely he would have to score again

It was 2-1 ?
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #1367 on: March 06, 2013, 04:15:14 PM »

The sending off happened when it was 1-0.

SAF knew he was in deep trouble if Madrid did get back in the game so quickly, which they did. No way he could play with out attacking intent.

They looked so comfortable at 1-0 too.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1368 on: March 06, 2013, 04:45:08 PM »

Roy Keane

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-united/9912777/Roy-Keanes-compelling-critique-of-Nanis-red-card-shows-he-has-finally-come-of-age-as-a-pundit.html#disqus_thread

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #1369 on: March 07, 2013, 09:31:13 AM »

Apparently, the fact that SAF preferred vanPersie to Rooney up front on Wednesday, and Nani on the left wing is a sign that he's for sale this summer.
Nothing to do with vanPersie being the better option and Nani being way faster and sharper as a winger

There may be truth in the stories though. Rooney isn't the first name on the teamsheet these days and isn't producing with the consistency he used to. Not training well either apparently, plus SAF does have history for moving players on whem he deems it appropriate.

Think he'd go back to Everton and we could get Leighton Baines?  Smiley

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
Dry em
Hit Squad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1370 on: March 07, 2013, 01:15:54 PM »

I actually found that part of the broadcast quite uncomfortable viewing. Came over as a bully who wouldn't let anyone else have their say.

GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #1371 on: March 07, 2013, 01:25:59 PM »

there are several people like that Wink

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
jackinbeat

View Profile
« Reply #1372 on: March 10, 2013, 12:31:53 PM »

We lost a coin flip basically, apologies i'm so late into this one, but Africa moves slowly..

Can't really say much more, the ref made a snap judgement, and on review it was the wrong one, it did ruin the game as a fair contest, and SAF is right to be angry, he's the manager ffs. Keano actually made some good points, and whovever said he acted like a bully is wrong, he's having to argue against 3 or 4 other people.

No complaints about the performance of United, everyone gave their all and we were all robbed of a fair result, well robbed is a bit unfair on the ref, who had to make a decision on the spot.

Let's see how much mettle we have today, Chelsea could be in for a major backlash, that's if they don't park the bus and actually try and play some entertaining football.

What do I get, no sleep at night.
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #1373 on: March 19, 2013, 11:57:45 AM »

Sadly the dream scenario of securing the title at home vs City on April 8th can't happen now.

dwayne110

View Profile
« Reply #1374 on: March 21, 2013, 12:35:15 AM »

Hi guys

What's everyone's thoughts on the way Paul Pogba left? Could/should we have done more to keep him pre-emptively by playing him more? 5 goals in 21 league games for Juventus so far this season, getting games in what is clearly a strong Juventus midfield. Given our central midfield has been one of our weaker areas for the last couple of years it's so frustrating to watch a just turned 20 year old midfielder with as much potential for anyone in his age group going to a major European rival on a free.
jackinbeat

View Profile
« Reply #1375 on: March 21, 2013, 06:19:17 PM »

Hi guys

What's everyone's thoughts on the way Paul Pogba left? Could/should we have done more to keep him pre-emptively by playing him more? 5 goals in 21 league games for Juventus so far this season, getting games in what is clearly a strong Juventus midfield. Given our central midfield has been one of our weaker areas for the last couple of years it's so frustrating to watch a just turned 20 year old midfielder with as much potential for anyone in his age group going to a major European rival on a free.

Never really rated him, but at his age he could still turn in to the kind of player we are crying out for, trust SAF knew what he was doing though, time will tell.

What do I get, no sleep at night.
paulhouk03
Cliqueless

View Profile
« Reply #1376 on: March 21, 2013, 06:53:16 PM »

Hi guys

Never really rated him, but at his age he could still turn in to the kind of player we are crying out for, trust SAF knew what he was doing though, time will tell.

Had itchy feet and wanted to play regular. Saf didn't think he was ready yet time will tell

Just me
77dave

5 2 off

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1377 on: March 21, 2013, 06:54:11 PM »

really hope woy never selects rio again

Mantis - I would like to thank 77dave for his more realistic take on things.
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #1378 on: March 21, 2013, 07:03:29 PM »

really hope woy never selects rio again

Why?

horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #1379 on: March 21, 2013, 07:36:12 PM »

Hi guys

i still found it a bit bizarre how easily he was allowed to leave considering the lengths (ahem) you went to sign him in the first place

no signs of any attitude issues so far at juve and he has done well to break into that midfield
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 90 91 [92] 93 94 95 96 ... 242 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: