blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:03:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Manchester United, that didn't last long. Seven up
Pages: 1 ... 122 123 124 125 [126] 127 128 129 130 ... 242 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Manchester United, that didn't last long. Seven up  (Read 484707 times)
malt vinegar

View Profile
« Reply #1875 on: September 01, 2014, 11:20:59 PM »

need cover for rooney he will do his usual disappearing act soon

rvp has hardly played 4 a year as it is

cant see how signing 1 of the top 3 strikers in the world is a panic buy

its about time we started buying the finished article

united chucking the money around seems to have put a few noses of joint

You've signed Aguero, Ibrahimovic, Suarez or Diego Costa?!

my top 3 would be zlat suarez n falcao - top 5 then???

edit - hes still not signed yet anyway
« Last Edit: September 01, 2014, 11:30:35 PM by malt vinegar » Logged
malt vinegar

View Profile
« Reply #1876 on: September 01, 2014, 11:28:25 PM »

signed rojo hes part of the back of 3 / shaw back 5

city broke ffp n won the league whos there financial managers

City have losses of £556m in the last 6 years. Oil money, not funded by debt which is the way the Glazer family fund Man U and i think non recourse losses too, unlike the debt

The whole of top end English football is seeing a massive transfer from TV companies via the clubs to players and agents.

so in that arms race Man U compete but are miles behind in terms of getting the right squad/rebuild of the last good ferguson team and starting with the debt mountain. not good

what do you want the clubs to spend all the money on they are getting??

750m kit deal they signed last month - united are of the few clubs that generate there own money if the debts getting serviced whats the problem.

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1877 on: September 01, 2014, 11:39:12 PM »

City have losses of £556m in the last 6 years. Oil money, not funded by debt which is the way the Glazer family fund Man U and i think non recourse losses too, unlike the debt

The whole of top end English football is seeing a massive transfer from TV companies via the clubs to players and agents.

so in that arms race Man U compete but are miles behind in terms of getting the right squad/rebuild of the last good ferguson team and starting with the debt mountain. not good

what do you want the clubs to spend all the money on they are getting??

750m kit deal they signed last month - united are of the few clubs that generate there own money if the debts getting serviced whats the problem.

because, one day, the music stops. (tv deals)

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
malt vinegar

View Profile
« Reply #1878 on: September 01, 2014, 11:40:07 PM »

1 day we all die

mite as well live for the moment then
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #1879 on: September 01, 2014, 11:54:29 PM »

Is it possible that a 'Leeds' could actually happen to Manure?  Even a 1% chance if no champs league football for 2/3/4 years?
malt vinegar

View Profile
« Reply #1880 on: September 02, 2014, 12:03:07 AM »

will always be a billionaire somewhere that will buy united
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1881 on: September 02, 2014, 12:05:50 AM »

You could certainly argue it is a trophy asset and might change ownership again

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
exstream

View Profile
« Reply #1882 on: September 02, 2014, 12:32:14 AM »

Did Man U just pretend to be signing Radamel Falcao, just so that Arsenal couldn't get him - and would have to settle for taking Danny Welbeck off their hands instead?!? #conspiracytheory

Thought that was pretty funny.
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1883 on: September 02, 2014, 01:40:16 AM »

mata and fletcher bench warmers now?

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
exstream

View Profile
« Reply #1884 on: September 02, 2014, 02:45:51 AM »

Bye bye Kagawa, Hernandez and Welbeck.

Young, Anderson, Fellaini still around.
baldock92

View Profile
« Reply #1885 on: September 02, 2014, 11:00:45 AM »

Can any United fans on here give me their thoughts on the transfer window and their squad for the new season? As good as Falcao is, Blackett is still in the team...

Feed em rice.
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #1886 on: September 02, 2014, 06:20:46 PM »

Think this notion of building a team is a luxury in the english prem today. As a manager you have about 5mins flat to prove yourself before being marched out the door. Moyes was doing all that planning for the future jazz, lot of work on youth development, and how did that go down? Or players just bog off to a better deal elsewhere flushing your plans down the toilet.

What happened here is Woodward or whoever bowled up to LVG and goes "We can get Radamel Falcao...you want him?" and LVG goes "Huh, yeah ok". That was the strategy.

These days the manager isn't involved in finances so doesn't rightly care about the $$. And woodward knows a couple of hero goals and the shirt sales from China cover the wages. And LVG knows Falcao could help him make it to the end of the season. Yep, the romance of building a team is quite a luxury with the demands for instant gratification today. 

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #1887 on: September 02, 2014, 10:37:13 PM »

Think this notion of building a team is a luxury in the english prem today. As a manager you have about 5mins flat to prove yourself before being marched out the door. Moyes was doing all that planning for the future jazz, lot of work on youth development, and how did that go down? Or players just bog off to a better deal elsewhere flushing your plans down the toilet.

What happened here is Woodward or whoever bowled up to LVG and goes "We can get Radamel Falcao...you want him?" and LVG goes "Huh, yeah ok". That was the strategy.

These days the manager isn't involved in finances so doesn't rightly care about the $$. And woodward knows a couple of hero goals and the shirt sales from China cover the wages. And LVG knows Falcao could help him make it to the end of the season. Yep, the romance of building a team is quite a luxury with the demands for instant gratification today. 

You are right as far as the recent United strategy is concerned but I don't think that is the case as far as Chelsea and City are concerned. Both clubs have had defined strategies as to what they need and gone about their business accordingly. This is in contrast to United's scattergun approach over the last 12 months.
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1888 on: September 03, 2014, 10:39:53 AM »

"I really want to bring the championship here to the people of Man United," he said.
"Every manager loves recognition and appreciation. But you also need a bit of luck.
"I have been lucky in the beginning of my career. Ajax wanted to sack me halfway in my first season at the club. But they kept believing in me - and look what happened."

That explains the bad start to season van gaal has told the players he wants them to experience the championship so they are just following orders

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
redarmi

View Profile
« Reply #1889 on: September 03, 2014, 12:38:33 PM »

Any United fans out there interested in a match bet Welbeck versus Falcao.  I want to take Welbeck either plus some goals or decent odds against off scratch.

Pages: 1 ... 122 123 124 125 [126] 127 128 129 130 ... 242 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: