blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:40:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272484 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Manchester United, that didn't last long. Seven up
Pages: 1 ... 216 217 218 219 [220] 221 222 223 224 ... 242 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Manchester United, that didn't last long. Seven up  (Read 484908 times)
Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #3285 on: February 06, 2019, 03:59:40 PM »

From Twitter: for the first time since the Glazers took over, the cumulative spend on player transfers now exceeds the cumulative spend on debt interest.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3286 on: February 12, 2019, 11:02:36 PM »

That was a tough watch, PSG were a cut above, and it could so easily have been 3-0 or 4-0.

Hard to see a single positive in that performance.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #3287 on: February 13, 2019, 02:35:19 AM »

Unfortunately this is where Ole will be found and the goodwill of beating a bunch of also ran teams starts to fade

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #3288 on: February 13, 2019, 04:51:07 AM »

I mean Sanchez and Mata just can’t play this level. You need pace, PSG went from playing around their own box to playing around Uniteds. Very unfortunate injuries, if Di Maria and Mbappe go off injured then the game changes the other way too. Don’t think Oke for particularly found out, if anything when both teams had their 11s PSG looked very poor.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #3289 on: February 13, 2019, 10:09:05 AM »

Can anyone explain to me how come Ashley Young avoided a second yellow card for his assault on Di Maria when he deliberately shoved him off the pitch?

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #3290 on: February 13, 2019, 01:24:49 PM »

Unfortunately this is where Ole will be found and the goodwill of beating a bunch of also ran teams starts to fade

Let’s see how he goes till the end of March.

PSG will test a lot of teams and the idea that losing to them having lost two of our key attacking players to injury is indicative of OGS being ‘found out’ is hasty at best.

Can anyone explain to me how come Ashley Young avoided a second yellow card for his assault on Di Maria when he deliberately shoved him off the pitch?

I don”t think the referee is a member of Blonde so the definitive explanation may have to wait.

Meantime I can offer the view that he didn’t get booked because the referee decided that the challenge didn’t warrant a booking.

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #3291 on: February 13, 2019, 01:55:01 PM »

The fact Utd are in a CL position and somewhat disappointed to lose vs PSG is indicative of how well OGS has performed. Whether he's going to do more than just lift the gloom remains to be seen. Last night I wudda played Sanchez, Lukaku & Mata as a front 3 as opposed to Lingard, Rashford & Martial. Just think the first 3 are more seasoned veterans for a night like this where composure & experience were perhaps more valuable than excitable rawness. Was pace really going to be the right weapon, I thought PSG were going to be more tactically reliant on speedy counters. Utd keeping ball with slow build up pressure gets the crowd more into the moment. Wudda given those guys some big confidence as well, can't imagine keep getting jocked onto the bench is the way to bring out their best. 

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #3292 on: February 14, 2019, 11:46:08 PM »

Sad day

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/manchester-united-eric-harrison-dead-15828732

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
youthnkzR

View Profile
« Reply #3293 on: February 15, 2019, 06:31:24 AM »

When lingard and martial went off everything went to pot.... Sanchez is ridiculously lazy off the ball and leaves so much space in behind him - I think I’m finally ready to give up on him... Mata is amazing technically but I’d have to agree with pleno in that he lacks the pace to play at this level nowadays. Lukaku is utter shite, the sooner he’s moved along the better.

One thing you don’t really get the feel for on tv is how slowly play transitions through Luke Shaw. If we had a LB capable of playing at a normal tempo and not needing an extra touch every time Martial really could have caused PSG problems... He was constantly making great runs in behind and Shaw just isn’t capable of finding him.

Honestly.. we could have done with Fellaini (I was never a hater).
Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #3294 on: February 15, 2019, 07:00:59 AM »

When lingard and martial went off everything went to pot.... Sanchez is ridiculously lazy off the ball and leaves so much space in behind him - I think I’m finally ready to give up on him... Mata is amazing technically but I’d have to agree with pleno in that he lacks the pace to play at this level nowadays. Lukaku is utter shite, the sooner he’s moved along the better.

One thing you don’t really get the feel for on tv is how slowly play transitions through Luke Shaw. If we had a LB capable of playing at a normal tempo and not needing an extra touch every time Martial really could have caused PSG problems... He was constantly making great runs in behind and Shaw just isn’t capable of finding him.

Shaw promises so much and consistently fails to deliver. So many times he gets into a perfect position to deliver a cross, or find Martial as you say, and then stops and passes the ball backwards and in field. It feels like a confidence issue, maybe all that negativity from Mourinho has broken him permanently?

youthnkzR

View Profile
« Reply #3295 on: February 15, 2019, 04:27:36 PM »

Shaw promises so much and consistently fails to deliver. So many times he gets into a perfect position to deliver a cross, or find Martial as you say, and then stops and passes the ball backwards and in field. It feels like a confidence issue, maybe all that negativity from Mourinho has broken him permanently?

He honestly he just seems heavy. He’s so flat footed when he receives he ball he always needs the extra touch which leads to him playing back in field. I don’t think it’s mourinho as there’s been a lot of faith shown in him lately, I think it’s physical
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #3296 on: February 15, 2019, 05:51:22 PM »

When Alexis came to Arsenal he was non-stop action and used to berate his team-mates(with gestures obv.) if they didn't press the way he did.

He was a leader by example then and that's why we adored him - well that and all of those goals he scored.

It was often said that players who left Arsenal and Arsene Wenger for pastures new were never the same subsequently*.

*Apart from RvP who miraculously had his first and only injury-free season with you.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #3297 on: February 15, 2019, 06:59:27 PM »

When Alexis came to Arsenal he was non-stop action and used to berate his team-mates(with gestures obv.) if they didn't press the way he did.

He was a leader by example then and that's why we adored him - well that and all of those goals he scored.

It was often said that players who left Arsenal and Arsene Wenger for pastures new were never the same subsequently*.

*Apart from RvP who miraculously had his first and only injury-free season with you.

Off the top of my head...

Cashley did Ok at Chelsea I think. Vierra had a decent run at City,
RvP as you say. Fabregas?

Sure there are more examples but my knowledge of all things Arsenal is limited.

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #3298 on: February 15, 2019, 07:25:24 PM »

Off the top of my head...

Cashley did Ok at Chelsea I think. Vierra had a decent run at City,
RvP as you say. Fabregas?

Sure there are more examples but my knowledge of all things Arsenal is limited.

Vieira was a shadow of his Arsenal-self at citeh having previously had a few successful but post-peak seasons in Italy(ask yourself which club he is remembered for).

Fabregas played mostly from the bench in Barcelona and never had the same kind of influence at chelski as he did with us.

Ashley Cole on the other hand should never have left and was a major executive cock-up over(what would seem today a paltry) £5K pw.

I could list you a dozen "top-flight" transfers out who never achieved the heights they did with us after they left.

arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #3299 on: February 15, 2019, 07:31:38 PM »

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicklas_Bendtner

This one of them Ralph?
Pages: 1 ... 216 217 218 219 [220] 221 222 223 224 ... 242 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: