blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:19:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272484 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Manchester United, that didn't last long. Seven up
Pages: 1 ... 219 220 221 222 [223] 224 225 226 227 ... 242 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Manchester United, that didn't last long. Seven up  (Read 484886 times)
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #3330 on: March 07, 2019, 08:18:54 AM »

Isn’t just about today’s result. The whole way he’s handled himself and rejuvenated the club he deserves a chance. Could do a RDM but he’s earnt the shot at least

You have a relatively huge wage bill/squad valuation.  Any normal manager would be achieving this relative to the clubs huge financial advantage.  Jose took the club so far south they nearly went under.   Doesn't mean Ole is Pep.  Honeymoon factor as well.  He has had a very easy fixture list to get the ball rolling as well confidence wise.   

So if Pulis had taken over and produced these short term results you would be happy for him to continue long term ?

Look at my previous posts. I wanted Poch and agree with a lot of what you’re saying but I think he’s earnt a chance.

100% he has i think the owners always wanted him long term and give him every chance fixture list wise.  He will be a relatively 'cheap' option for the owners salary wise compared to Jose.  Cheap salary, the fans love him and he keeps winning.  What a combo.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3331 on: March 07, 2019, 08:36:55 AM »

Be a nightmare for the Board if they had already entered into some prenuptial with a high-profile Manager (Poch, Zidane or whatever) as soon as Jose went, installed Ole as a temporary stop-gap & then he finished the season in a blaze of glory. 

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #3332 on: March 07, 2019, 08:43:14 AM »

Always felt like that was the case and someone has been lined up. Someone needs to burn that contract

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3333 on: March 28, 2019, 11:34:50 AM »

Ole Ole Ole.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47691296

Good decision?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #3334 on: March 28, 2019, 02:25:15 PM »

A better choice than the last one certainly.
I’m optimistic about the next couple of seasons now.

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
Cf
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #3335 on: March 29, 2019, 10:25:12 AM »

This feels to me like it'll either go spectacularly right or spectacularly wrong with no middle ground.

Blue text
Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #3336 on: March 29, 2019, 01:21:37 PM »

This feels to me like it'll either go spectacularly right or spectacularly wrong with no middle ground.

Spectacularly right would be a return to the trophy collecting of the SAF era.

Spectacularly wrong would be playing as we did under Jose and winning nothing.

To me, there is a middle ground of playing with style and passion and developing the youngsters but recognising that the playing field has changed over the past six years. Being in contention for the league every season, winning a cup or two, would be middle ground for us. Winning the league before his three years is up feels ambitious, but we need to be in there fighting for it, Second last season by a mile wasn’t success. Second next season with the chance to see that just a couple of results that went the wrong way for us changed the overall result would be.

There is still a lot to play for this season, Top 4 and beat Barcelona would be exceptional given the situation when OGS was appointed.

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3337 on: April 11, 2019, 08:51:33 AM »

I watched last night's game, it's no shame to lose to Barcelona, & that's what happened.

Reading reports after, I gather United never had a single shot on target. First time that's happened to United in a CL tie since 2005, 14 years ago.  

It's not as if Barca had a well-organised defence, they looked comically bad at the back at times.

It got me thinking afterwards. After Ole moved in, they went on the most wonderful run of results, win after win. Then, a month (?) or so ago, they gave him a contract, since when they have lost to Wolves (twice), & Arsenal, though they did have a great result at PSG. Can't recall if the PSG result was before or after Ole got the gig officially.    

Don't you just love the glorious unpredictability of sport?

PS - I'm not a Man U hater, far from it, I'm broadly neutral on most PL sides, though I do try to watch most Man U games as they still have that aura about them. And Pogba.

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #3338 on: April 13, 2019, 01:12:31 PM »

A Tweet appeared on my timeline the other day saying Alexis Sanchez has been paid in excess of £60M in wages at Man Untied and only scored four goals.

That is a truly amazing decline in form for someone who was considered by many to be a world-class player during his time at Arsenal.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #3339 on: April 13, 2019, 03:01:42 PM »

A Tweet appeared on my timeline the other day saying Alexis Sanchez has been paid in excess of £60M in wages at Man Untied and only scored four goals.

That is a truly amazing decline in form for someone who was considered by many to be a world-class player during his time at Arsenal.

Has been paid £60M?
His injuries haven’t helped and neither did the Mourinho period. Time will tell if he had any pride in his reputation or the character to show his talents.

He has a world-class agent.

POWWWWWWWW

View Profile
« Reply #3340 on: April 14, 2019, 11:07:35 PM »

That's a milly a week.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #3341 on: April 15, 2019, 12:38:39 AM »

That's a milly a week.

I think he's been there over two years now.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #3342 on: April 16, 2019, 06:55:36 PM »

Hope springs eternal in the human breast

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3343 on: April 16, 2019, 06:58:42 PM »

Click to see full-size image.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3344 on: April 16, 2019, 07:49:56 PM »

Just want to see goallllllllllls!

Pages: 1 ... 219 220 221 222 [223] 224 225 226 227 ... 242 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: