blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 01:12:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272595 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  official thread for celery lovers
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: official thread for celery lovers  (Read 9545 times)
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 10, 2011, 06:26:07 PM »

oh yes & John Terry - epitomises just about everything I dislike in the chavvy end of England

Always liked Fat Frank tho, never understood a lot of the dislike for him - perhaps I need to read more

sola virtus nobilitat
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 10, 2011, 06:51:54 PM »

Fans who have just turned up in the last 5 years and think Chelsea are a big club

this

more so than any ever club

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 10, 2011, 08:17:48 PM »

jumping on the bandwagon of the football team threads heres one for the team i love chelsea (or chelski as some affectionatly refer to us ;-)

will chelsea recover from this slump and win a trophy this year? - Nope. Can't see them beating Utd/City. Best hope as mentioned is the FA Cup.

should ancellotti stay or go? - Stay.

did the sacking of ray wilkins really make that much difference? - It looks that way from my viewpoint but not entirely sure. Chelsea fans best answering this one. Have the tactics changed? Has the dressing room morale changed...eg are dressing room leaders changing because Ancelotti is likely to listen to different players?

is frank lampard the most underrated player by opposing fans? - No, McEachran is lol. Seriously though, Lampard either looks brilliant or pure donkey plop. His injury and rustiness is making him look the latter so far...but then again he might have got some confidence this weekend.

why oh why does kalou still get to wear the shirt? - Fuck knows.

and how good is josh mceachran going to be? - Very, very good imo.

thatl do for starters be interesting hearing the views of both chelsea and non chelsea supporters. - I'm a Liverpool fan.

please guys keep it fairly civil ;-)
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: January 10, 2011, 08:21:56 PM »

Always liked Fat Frank tho, never understood a lot of the dislike for him - perhaps I need to read more

Me too - though I rationalise this by considering Fat Frank to really be West Ham.

Also Jose Mourinho - never could hate him either.
turny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: January 10, 2011, 11:29:08 PM »

Fans who have just turned up in the last 5 years and think Chelsea are a big club

this

dont agree here, every club has that element of fans no more so chelsea than any other club

gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 10, 2011, 11:35:43 PM »

this

dont agree here, every club has that element of fans no more so chelsea than any other club

err, no they don't. only clubs who've had recent success have fans that fit this profile and sadly for you chelsea has the worst of them

I feel sorry for people like you who've supported them through the shit times as the rest of the football world looks at the new tosser fans you've picked up and assumes you're all the same

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 10, 2011, 11:43:23 PM »

I hate myself for forgetting Dennis Wise.

Gullit was indeed class, still is.. one of the best tv analysts imo.

He always seemed to have time time on the ball, so effortless. A truly world class player who was underrated because he played with so many great players in his Holland teams.

Massively agree with this post but his tactical analysis is up there with Souness in terms of how bad it is at times
The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 10, 2011, 11:46:56 PM »

Seeing as the Utd fans dodged it.... how do Chelsea fans feel about financial fair play and it's effect on the team/transfers in future?

Also how highly do you rate Steve Clarke?
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 11, 2011, 12:32:38 AM »

Gullit is an absolute clown,one of the worst managers we've had in my lifetime.Great player agreed,I've read a few ex Newcastle players books and he comes across like a complete knob.I'll leave others to hate on Wise since there's enough.

Loved watching Zola play,class personified.
turny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: January 11, 2011, 02:26:14 AM »

this

err, no they don't. only clubs who've had recent success have fans that fit this profile and sadly for you chelsea has the worst of them

I feel sorry for people like you who've supported them through the shit times as the rest of the football world looks at the new tosser fans you've picked up and assumes you're all the same

didnt the same happen with liverpool in the 70s and man u in the 90s?

celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 11, 2011, 02:27:58 AM »

I don't like Chelsea.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
turny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: January 11, 2011, 02:33:02 AM »

Seeing as the Utd fans dodged it.... how do Chelsea fans feel about financial fair play and it's effect on the team/transfers in future?

Also how highly do you rate Steve Clarke?

personnally id like to see financial fair play. i would llike to see clubs forced to find and nurture young talent instead of spending out on overpriced prima donnas.
as i said before one good thing abramovich has done is set up a good youth policy but its a shame its still a couple of seasons before it bares fruit.

i rate steve clarke highly, was mourinhos right hand man and communicated well in the area between manager and player. he is a no nonsence guy who was whole hearted player which adheres him well to both players and fans.
if i had a choice clarke or wilkins, clarke wins by a street.

turny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: January 11, 2011, 02:34:00 AM »

I don't like Chelsea.

i dont like short fat scotsman, lets call it quits aye ;-)

turny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: January 11, 2011, 02:39:17 AM »

Gullit is an absolute clown,one of the worst managers we've had in my lifetime.Great player agreed,I've read a few ex Newcastle players books and he comes across like a complete knob.I'll leave others to hate on Wise since there's enough.

Loved watching Zola play,class personified.

didnt say gullit was a great manager though to be fair he done well for us and i was gutted when batesy booted him out. but as a player he was world class.

zola was class and at his best the greatest player i ever seen play live, a true gentleman too. if only he was a little bigger and stronger he would of had everything.

gullit bought zola after saying he wasnt buying anyone else, when asked why he changed his mind he said if the best become available then you have to buy them he wasnt wrong! shame he was nearly 30 when he arrived, would loved to have had him from 25.

celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 11, 2011, 02:42:14 AM »

I don't like Chelsea.

i dont like short fat scotsman, lets call it quits aye ;-)

Racist ban please Mods.

Went to Chelsea a few years ago for a friendly. Sure was fun. Not entirely sure the mob of 300 skinheads waiting outside Fulham Broadway were all genuine Chelsea fans but that kind of put me off them. Mourinho's lack of class when he won the UEFA cup v Celtic and the tie between Rangers and Chelsea fans were enough to make Chelsea my least favourite team in the Premiership. Oh and the fact that you Rookie & Greek support them too doesn't help their cause either Smiley

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: