blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 01:05:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272608 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  blonde Live Update Fund
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 ... 30 Go Down Print
Author Topic: blonde Live Update Fund  (Read 44559 times)
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #255 on: June 22, 2011, 10:21:41 AM »

Whats Taggart doing in t'pool?

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #256 on: June 22, 2011, 10:24:36 AM »

Is Luton local for you? You know I ain't gukpt's biggest fan but think you should defo be at all these. Have you noticed Colin mctaggart is now doing a live feed at the circus Liverpool. Will toss some more dough in when I see you at Dtd next. Don't know how I managed to get trapped into this but Chinese Frankie has somehow managed to get me to let him gave 10% (5% originally) so with the wifes 50% I only seem to have 40% of my own action these days

GUKPTs are a lot more expensive to update than DTD events Jase, 4 days minimum plus it's a big ask to get one person to update all 4 on their own, so 2 are preferred. Looking at 4 figs for one event for a proper 2 man update. Not only that but any event not at DTD is harder to update for a few reasons, most notably inability to identify players properly/location of updating areas/issues with TDs at important times (I've updated GUKPTs where I've been unable to get anywhere near the action on the H4H bubble, for example).
KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #257 on: June 22, 2011, 10:25:27 AM »

He's the cardroom manager of Circus Liverpool, I believe.

Believe he has some sort of new, swanky table like DTD had last year which means he can stream online with hole card info.
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #258 on: June 22, 2011, 11:49:06 AM »

Believe he has some sort of new, swanky table like DTD had last year which means he can stream online with hole card info.
yes after his gukpt win him and caroline got back together and she spent it all and left again so he had to get a job...... yes this is tongue in cheek as i know 100% caroline never had a penny. i like colin and think he is a good man but i love caroline more and know she is  a good man

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
AlrightJack

View Profile WWW
« Reply #259 on: June 22, 2011, 01:40:01 PM »

GUKPTs are a lot more expensive to update than DTD events Jase, 4 days minimum plus it's a big ask to get one person to update all 4 on their own, so 2 are preferred. Looking at 4 figs for one event for a proper 2 man update. Not only that but any event not at DTD is harder to update for a few reasons, most notably inability to identify players properly/location of updating areas/issues with TDs at important times (I've updated GUKPTs where I've been unable to get anywhere near the action on the H4H bubble, for example).

IIRC the last GUKPT you updated was in January 2008. Although I am no longer involved with the GUKPT, I think your comments are a little outdated as by the time I left things had definitely changed regarding many of the negatives you mentioned, notably:

1. Identifying players was definitely not an issue, in fact this was the first tour to give players ID cards and do full chip counts on breaks. This was in place even in 2007.
2. Updating areas at most of the events were right next to the tournament area from mid 2008 onwards
3. Any decent TD should restrict access to the playing area during the bubble, both for the players' comfort to stop crowding of the table by spectators during all-ins and so that the hand-for-hand can be efficiently managed. Press still had access but the number allowed inside the ropes at any one time was limited.

Cant vouch for how things have been managed in the last 12 months since I left, but that was the situation this time last year.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #260 on: June 22, 2011, 01:49:00 PM »

Yep, Jonathan is correct. All of that is still in place in 2011

Those factors do make a GUKPT update-able as a solo effort, if you can find someone prepared to have a go  and as the GUKPT blog shows. The AWOP guys are also extremely helpful in sharing info, so the whole thing can work.

Of course its better for an interactive blog on here to be updated by two people, but its unlikely that would be funded by member donations so, sponsorship aside, solo updates it is

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #261 on: June 22, 2011, 02:01:25 PM »

IIRC the last GUKPT you updated was in January 2008. Although I am no longer involved with the GUKPT, I think your comments are a little outdated as by the time I left things had definitely changed regarding many of the negatives you mentioned, notably:

1. Identifying players was definitely not an issue, in fact this was the first tour to give players ID cards and do full chip counts on breaks. This was in place even in 2007.
2. Updating areas at most of the events were right next to the tournament area from mid 2008 onwards
3. Any decent TD should restrict access to the playing area during the bubble, both for the players' comfort to stop crowding of the table by spectators during all-ins and so that the hand-for-hand can be efficiently managed. Press still had access but the number allowed inside the ropes at any one time was limited.

Cant vouch for how things have been managed in the last 12 months since I left, but that was the situation this time last year.

Thank you for correcting me, Jonathan. Glad to see the main issue for me personally, the updating area, has been sorted.

Rich, you know I'm always up for updating anytime, anywhere. Just gimme a shout.
SuperJez

View Profile
« Reply #262 on: June 22, 2011, 07:26:54 PM »

Sent you a PM sir, thanks

Money sent, plz confirm receipt ty guys
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #263 on: June 23, 2011, 10:52:15 AM »

Sent you a PM sir, thanks

Money sent, plz confirm receipt ty guys

can confirm this arrived (and redsimon)

thanks very much

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #264 on: July 11, 2011, 10:21:49 AM »

August is a busy month

DTD Deepstack

GUKPT Luton

GUKPT Grand Prix

and we'd like to update them all

I received some cash donations towards the DTD Deepstack last event, and that's only a start

GUKPT Luton can be done quite cheaply as I am local so no hotel/travel

c£200 required for the August Deepstack for starters, and then we can go from there

Let me know if you would like to help

thanks

My eyes are open wide
paulpitchford

View Profile WWW
« Reply #265 on: July 11, 2011, 11:00:15 AM »

Rich, send me the bank details and I'll contribute.

Paul.

ruholding

little grey cells

View Profile
« Reply #266 on: July 11, 2011, 12:06:31 PM »

Rich, send me the bank details and I'll contribute.

Paul.

+1

PS CHOMPY STILL 0 BRACELETS
Bigfella

View Profile WWW
« Reply #267 on: July 22, 2011, 09:06:14 PM »

£20 on its way from me as promised on nonte carlo update. I've got the account details i'll confirm when paid

Glenn
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #268 on: July 25, 2011, 12:04:49 PM »

I have obtained sponsorship to enable us to do a live update of GUKPT Luton

I will be updating DTD Deepstack August from current donations

If you would like us to live update the final weekend of the next DTD Grand Prix, please send money!

My eyes are open wide
mouth

View Profile
« Reply #269 on: July 25, 2011, 06:30:18 PM »

yes after his gukpt win him and caroline got back together and she spent it all and left again so he had to get a job...... yes this is tongue in cheek as i know 100% caroline never had a penny. i like colin and think he is a good man but i love caroline more and know she is  a good man

PMSL Smiley 

The tables are made by Andy Booth who some of you may know. He's in the Blue Sq Hall of Fame and a pretty decent guy all round. They use a chip to read the hole cards without cameras - I think. I wouldn't actually know as Colin barred me from the Circus.

Don't tell her to turn down, put on your shades if you can't see
Don't tell her to turn down, turn up the flame.

http://gobshiteonlegs.blogspot.com/
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 ... 30 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: