blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 11:16:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  cricket world cup thread
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 Go Down Print
Author Topic: cricket world cup thread  (Read 25172 times)
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #210 on: March 17, 2011, 04:31:36 PM »

Windies only need 19 from their point of view, a tie and England can still through if Bangladesh lose to South Africa.

iwillwinlots

View Profile
« Reply #211 on: March 17, 2011, 04:33:27 PM »

wooooooooooooooo
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #212 on: March 17, 2011, 04:34:56 PM »

Get in!!!!!!!!

We are so good to watch, yet so mediocre.

gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #213 on: March 17, 2011, 04:35:06 PM »

watching england is amazing. wiiiiiiii

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
Moskvich

View Profile
« Reply #214 on: March 17, 2011, 04:35:27 PM »

Wtf is that - "That's worked perfectly", "Correct decision" says David Lloyd - as he gets given not out in accordance with the on field decision.

But the replay showed it was out...! So how's it worked perfectly and is the correct decision..?

Also, didn't he give him not out because he thought he'd nicked it - suspect he did. In which case the fact that it's "only clipping" the top of middle shouldn't matter.

The replay was inconclusive although most people would say he hit the rope. When you touch the rope it's a boundary and always has been. Benefit of doubt always goes to the batsmen.

There was a great catch a year or 2 back where the fielder caught it realised he would go over the rope so threw it up returned to the field and caught it which is fine.

Sandy

yeah I know the rules (Laws) but there isn't actually anything in them that says the batsman gets the benefit of the doubt. My point was that the batsman gets the benefit of the doubt on wicket decisions because it's right that you have to prove the wicket. But by the same token and in the same spirit you should have to prove the six, otherwise the fielder in that case should be the one who is innocent till proven guilty, and it should be the fielding side in that case should get the benefit of the doubt.
Bongo

View Profile
« Reply #215 on: March 17, 2011, 04:36:57 PM »

Wtf is that - "That's worked perfectly", "Correct decision" says David Lloyd - as he gets given not out in accordance with the on field decision.

But the replay showed it was out...! So how's it worked perfectly and is the correct decision..?

Also, didn't he give him not out because he thought he'd nicked it - suspect he did. In which case the fact that it's "only clipping" the top of middle shouldn't matter.

There's a margin of error with the predictive thingy and so you can't be sure it's hitting when it's just clipping, thus no howler.

Do you think it's dangerous to have Busby Berkeley dreams?
Moskvich

View Profile
« Reply #216 on: March 17, 2011, 04:40:18 PM »

There's a margin of error with the predictive thingy and so you can't be sure it's hitting when it's just clipping, thus no howler.

It is a howler though if he only originally gave it not out because he thought he'd nicked it, which is what I was wondering. If he gave it not out on height then the "only clipping" thing is fair enough I guess. But if he didn't even consider the height because he thought he'd hit it, then "only clipping" should be enough to give it out on review once you've proved that he didn't in fact hit it.
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #217 on: March 17, 2011, 04:45:31 PM »

It is a howler though if he only originally gave it not out because he thought he'd nicked it, which is what I was wondering. If he gave it not out on height then the "only clipping" thing is fair enough I guess. But if he didn't even consider the height because he thought he'd hit it, then "only clipping" should be enough to give it out on review once you've proved that he didn't in fact hit it.

agree with that. plus forget the margin of error on the technology, there were enough tv angles all of which showed it clearly hitting, no need to use technology to make a decision on height when it's that clear

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
Moskvich

View Profile
« Reply #218 on: March 17, 2011, 04:48:36 PM »

agree with that. plus forget the margin of error on the technology, there were enough tv angles all of which showed it clearly hitting, no need to use technology to make a decision on height when it's that clear

Yeah, it's very generous to the umpires with the margin of error as it is here.
Moskvich

View Profile
« Reply #219 on: March 17, 2011, 04:49:45 PM »

Treadwell's an interesting chap isn't he. Must be inspirational in the dressing room.
Madone

View Profile
« Reply #220 on: March 17, 2011, 04:55:34 PM »

Treadwell's an interesting chap isn't he. Must be inspirational in the dressing room.

You don't want to many big ego's in the dressing room i would have thought!
Dubai

View Profile
« Reply #221 on: March 17, 2011, 05:02:31 PM »

Good god i done it in and woke up fancying England- anyone who was betting on betfair would have seen have pro England the market was and i assume would have done it in
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #222 on: March 17, 2011, 05:06:05 PM »

Lol WTF again  Grin
Bongo

View Profile
« Reply #223 on: March 17, 2011, 07:30:34 PM »

Yeah, it's very generous to the umpires with the margin of error as it is here.

It's a bit like Ian Bell against India (I think), everyone thought he was out but the rules said no because he'd been hit so far from the stumps. In that case it was hitting the middle of middle...

Do you think it's dangerous to have Busby Berkeley dreams?
Pelham Boy

View Profile
« Reply #224 on: March 18, 2011, 01:11:05 PM »

Jade Dernbach called up to replace Shahzad. Interesting choice.

"The boy Gedge has written some of the best love songs of the Rock 'n' Roll Era. You may dispute this, but I'm right and you're wrong!" John Peel.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: