blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 08:08:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272590 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Sorel Mizzi Accused of Cheating at Chinese Poker during PCA
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Sorel Mizzi Accused of Cheating at Chinese Poker during PCA  (Read 36471 times)
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #120 on: February 22, 2011, 10:30:38 AM »

However, opening up a new account just to carry on playing on FTP, after your previous one was banned, possibly unfairly / harshly given the offence committed, and the probability that lots of others have committed the same offence, but without the same penalty, is in a different category.
Although this gives him an advantage in the short term, the account gets opened not with the express intention of deception, but just to stay in the game.
It's still wrong, but I could see myself considering doing this, if it was my only source of income.

Seriously? Not with intent to deceive? Opening an account at a site where you're banned from playing, to play vs people you have tons of history with under a SN they wont recognize? Sounds very deceptive to me....

Lots of people who dont play poker on the internet seriously mis understand how big an advantage you gain from playing in your reg games under an diff account. Its so huge and in the short term especially can cost thousands and thousands.

To put it into live poker context...

You're playing at DTD and the board is  after you've opened the button and Jason Herbert c/raises...seems like a decent spot to fold the  to me.

Now lets say this wasn't jason herbert, but Tom Middleton in a Jason Herbert costume...................

Thanks for creating an epic scooby doo reveal moment in my head dave!

He would have got away with it if it wasn't for those pesky internet kidz.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
jakally

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: February 22, 2011, 11:16:14 AM »

Seriously? Not with intent to deceive? Opening an account at a site where you're banned from playing, to play vs people you have tons of history with under a SN they wont recognize? Sounds very deceptive to me....

It has the result of being deceptive, but you don't know that deception was the reason for opening an account..... might have simply wanted to stay in the game.

There are a number people who post on BP who have more than 1 account on one of the main sites, but it is not automatically assumed that their prime motivation is deception.
In this instance, because it is Sorel Mizzi, he is guilty irrespective.

The evidence  against him, in the cheating at chinese poker incident is scant / non-existent.
Therefore, judgement is being made with reference to his previous behaviour.
That isn't completely unreasonable, as long as we take a balanced view, and not a one-eyed view, of the other alleged incidents.
jakally

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: February 22, 2011, 11:18:59 AM »

Lots of people who dont play poker on the internet seriously mis understand how big an advantage you gain from playing in your reg games under an diff account. Its so huge and in the short term especially can cost thousands and thousands.

To put it into live poker context...

You're playing at DTD and the board is  after you've opened the button and Jason Herbert c/raises...seems like a decent spot to fold the  to me.

Now lets say this wasn't jason herbert, but Tom Middleton in a Jason Herbert costume...................

Thank you for explaining this to me. I will promise not to comment on online poker again, until I have tried it out for myself.
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: February 22, 2011, 11:20:48 AM »

Lol <3 noel goblin and lol doyve

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
Pab

View Profile WWW
« Reply #124 on: February 22, 2011, 11:29:19 AM »

http://quadjacks.com/audio/12/john-racener-speaks

claypole

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: February 22, 2011, 11:39:25 AM »

Sure know who my money would be on for telling the truth after that interview....and sure would be paying if flushy.  Racener sounds pretty straight up to me (cue how can you tell he sounds straight up lol)
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: February 22, 2011, 11:50:14 AM »

I think the absolute key point is that Sorel was giving JR free %ages in tourneys to keep schtum.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: February 22, 2011, 11:55:04 AM »

I think the absolute key point is that Sorel was giving JR free %ages in tourneys to keep schtum.

why?!?!

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: February 22, 2011, 12:08:17 PM »

if he could recover those texts it would be gg sorrel

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #129 on: February 22, 2011, 12:09:00 PM »

Playing Devil's advocate;

"He wanted to go out to a nightclub and get drunk which is really scary".
Really? Going out is scary? Who are you, Justin Bieber?

"Wish I still had text messages"
Why the F would you delete these? I hardly ever delete my texts, maybe just about once every 3 or 4 months. But these important ones that back up your story you throw out? And some of them probably sent after SD "broke" the story on 2p2?

"I have no reason to lie about this"
Other than saving yourself some pennies or maybe you didn't like him "beating your head in"?

"Never even played with a joker, never even thought that we would, and I thought that was suspicious right away"
Hmm don't know about this. Don't know how unusual it is to play with a joker but if you've never played Chinese Poker with a joker before  and never even thought you would you must be pretty degen to do that for 5-10k flips. But there's nothing suspicious about playing with a joker and if you thought there was you could have just said no.

"First poker player I told was SD and he told me to tell everyone straight away".
Well SD does have a bit of a bug up his arse about Mizzi, no?

"When Missi said I was unsettled and did something that wasn't allowed he is misunderstanding."  "There's no way cheating that way."
Maybe someone that plays CP can clarify whether what Racener did that Mizzi had a problem with is allowed or not?

Was it just me or did the interviewer also not sound entirely convinced by everything?

I don't know how old Racener is or how clever he is but he sounded like a young and relatively naive kid that got caught underage drinking or something TBH.

/end being Devil's advocate.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #130 on: February 22, 2011, 12:09:39 PM »

why?!?!

This, and proof of this please.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: February 22, 2011, 12:19:11 PM »

why?!?!

So you think that Racener concocted this whole story then?

Fair enough, in that case he's completely bamboozled me.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: February 22, 2011, 12:36:51 PM »

I think Racener has huge mental problems and Sorel is fully legit. The deleting of the texts is just laughable.

Paiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii him.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #133 on: February 22, 2011, 12:52:03 PM »

why?!?!

So you think that Racener concocted this whole story then?

Fair enough, in that case he's completely bamboozled me.

I don't really mate. Don't know what to think of this entire story TBF..it sounds pretty naff from all angles.

gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: February 22, 2011, 01:43:01 PM »

that interview certainly didn't do racener any favours. he sounds a bit crazy in it

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: