blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:25:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Book review: The Mental Game of Poker by Jared Tendler and, er, Dave Shoelace
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 ... 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Book review: The Mental Game of Poker by Jared Tendler and, er, Dave Shoelace  (Read 52081 times)
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: October 23, 2011, 06:24:48 PM »

Recieved the book a couple of days ago, although Barry forgot to sign it... ;-)
so your copy may actually be worth more Smiley

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
dreenie

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 24, 2011, 05:03:16 PM »

I clicked the link in this Thread - not sure if that's the blonde link or not. The book should be shipped to my address within 48 hrs, can't wait to read this one, heard very good things about it :-)
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: October 24, 2011, 06:42:48 PM »

I clicked the link in this Thread - not sure if that's the blonde link or not. The book should be shipped to my address within 48 hrs, can't wait to read this one, heard very good things about it :-)

Yep it linked up fine, book is in the post first thing in the morning so will be with you Wednesday, thanks very much
Jared Tendler

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 25, 2011, 08:02:48 PM »

I have just finished reading the book, (as I am sure others have). I thought the thread worthy of a little bump............ and i have written a little review too!

That's one hell of a little review. It's really satisfying to read how my (and a few of barry's) words have properly infiltrated your mind, and properly recalibrated it.

Thanks so much for posting your review. Honestly, having a hard time coming up with words, it's just amazing to read after working nearly two years on it, to see how much you got what we were trying to do, and that it's helped so much already.
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: October 25, 2011, 09:10:48 PM »

Only found out it was now available on the kindle today from two blokes on twitter (some Yank and a mad Yorkshireman), so will be purchasing very soon.

Great review Guy, just hope the book's a little shorter...

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
dreenie

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 14, 2011, 05:38:43 AM »

I'll start by being honest with u, when the book got delievered, it sat in the packaging for 7 days, it was a feeling of I knew it was there and I knew I needed to read it, yet it was kinda scary at the same time, like trying to face up with your weaknesses, so I started to read it, and the first couple of chapters it has sent me cold at times, as it represents how I feel a lot of the time - pretty scary to be that accurate.

When I sat down to play tonight, I felt a little more confident, and although I haven't read the book in full, I still felt a little refreshed and up for the challenge to play better/with more confidence.

It started out ok, but as the day progressed, I tilted like no other, a key point in this was when I lost a 200k top 3 stack in the Warm up with KK vs AA, and was out before getting paid, it wasn't so much of tiltness/anger after this happened, it was not having the desire to continue in the other comps I was playing, and feeling like I lost the desire to win/try to battle on after this cooler happened.

This has happened a lot lately, my confidence is pretty much at an all time low, and I'm seriously questioning 'is this what I want to continue doing?' I don't think I could go back to playing casual poker and working in a different job, for me it would be all poker or none at all.

Right now, I'm dissapointed with myself for the way I handle these things, and just felt the need to post this. Will still carry on reading the book tho, and hopefully it will help me in the future.

The book itself is easy to read, and makes so much sense, and is way too real for the majority of poker players wanting to tackle there 'weaknesses. A big thumbs up on it.

Dreenie
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 14, 2011, 01:48:40 PM »

wish i had thought of you when we put George forward to do the session with Jared. Not that George did not need / desreve it but i think you may have just put Jared and Dave into a mental institution. Smiley

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 14, 2011, 01:58:38 PM »

wish i had thought of you when we put George forward to do the session with Jared. Not that George did not need / desreve it but i think you may have just put Jared and Dave into a mental institution. Smiley
POTD ^^^ Grin
Pretty sure that Jared been in said institutions many a time though.

One year I may get round to writing a review of the book myself. Gotta get off my fkn butt and actually finish reading it first
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 14, 2011, 02:55:58 PM »

Glad it was me.

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: November 14, 2011, 03:06:48 PM »

Only found out it was now available on the kindle today from two blokes on twitter (some Yank and a mad Yorkshireman), so will be purchasing very soon.

Great review Guy, just hope the book's a little shorter...

Eventually got round to buying this today.  Looking forward to starting reading it later...

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
hombre32

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 27, 2011, 09:45:03 AM »

Was looking to purchase this as a STOCKING FILLER for Xmas. I have looked at Amazon who are out of stock, and looked on Waterstones & WHSMITH but cannot find a copy.

Can anyone show me where I can pick up a copy?
mulhuzz

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 27, 2011, 10:13:41 AM »

Was looking to purchase this as a STOCKING FILLER for Xmas. I have looked at Amazon who are out of stock, and looked on Waterstones & WHSMITH but cannot find a copy.

Can anyone show me where I can pick up a copy?

https://mentalgameofpoker.com/node/3
hombre32

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 27, 2011, 11:36:49 AM »

Thankyou- just ordered it!
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: November 27, 2011, 12:00:47 PM »

Amazon are not actually out of stock, thats  a rather annoying error on their part we are trying to sort - you can still buy it from the 'new' tab and it gets shipped by Amazon
hombre32

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 27, 2011, 12:57:26 PM »

Agreed it is annoying, particularly when it is on a lot of Poker Players XMAS list and most relatives will naturally use Amazon as a source of purchase.

Really looking forward to the opening chapter after a belly full of Turker and BBC repeats!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 ... 11 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: