blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 01:06:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272608 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Olympics 2012 - Tickets
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Olympics 2012 - Tickets  (Read 25948 times)
chrisbruce

View Profile
« on: April 23, 2011, 07:19:27 PM »

I have been looking at getting some tickets for the Olympics and take my Family to a once in a lifetime event etc etc.
Applications need to be in by 26th April so its decision time.

I would like to go to the Opening ceremony and see some Athletics but I am just WOW at the prices???

I expect to pay top dollar for my seat but I don't expect to pay the same for my kids who will be 8 and 10.

Opening ceremony  -       seat category one up from the cheapest £125 each X family 4 £500
100 Metre final       -       seat category one up from the cheapest £150 each X family 4 £600

£1100 I have to pay now

Not to mention transport accommodation food drink etc on the day

OK I know I am going for 2 prime events but will people pay this much cash in the current climate !!!

have any blondes actually applied yet? Is there a better way ?

paulhouk03
Cliqueless

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2011, 07:41:49 PM »

I have been looking at getting some tickets for the Olympics and take my Family to a once in a lifetime event etc etc.

I would like to go to the Opening ceremony and see some Athletics but I am just WOW at the prices???

I expect to pay top dollar for my seat but I don't expect to pay the same for my kids who will be 8 and 10.

Opening ceremony  -       seat category one up from the cheapest £125 each X family 4 £500
100 Metre final       -       seat category one up from the cheapest £150 each X family 4 £600

£1100 I have to pay now

OK I know I am going for 2 prime events but will people pay this much cash in the current climate !!!

opening only for me

Just me
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2011, 07:48:38 PM »

Opening ceremony and the most important event of the Olympics and you only have to pay £1100 for a family of 4?

Snap their hands off IMO.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Linux
lol pwnd

I am dexter in disguise...

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2011, 07:02:14 PM »

Tennis final and footy semi final

7 seasons, 1 Promotion, 2 relegations, 3 play off exits, 1 play off bubble, 25 points deducted.
we are leeds and we are back.  https://twitter.com/jpmood
 Click to see full-size image.
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2011, 07:05:46 PM »

£1100 I have to pay now

600 quid for 9.8 seconds?Huh?Huh?

There's a lot more on in that session though.  But yes, for the blue ribband event it's over pretty quickly!

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Simon Galloway

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2011, 10:55:26 AM »

My daughter got first pick.  That means I am taking her to see the diving, trampolining and gymnastics.  I have also added the volleyball for me (I used to play competitively believe it or not..) and also figure that for the athletics, I can wander down there for a qualifier (or some of the other less-popular sports that are watchable) and not have a problem getting in on the day.

So far, £350.

kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2011, 10:57:06 AM »

My daughter got first pick.  That means I am taking her to see the diving, trampolining and gymnastics.  I have also added the volleyball for me (I used to play competitively believe it or not..) and also figure that for the athletics, I can wander down there for a qualifier (or some of the other less-popular sports that are watchable) and not have a problem getting in on the day.

So far, £350.

You went for beach volleyball, didn't you?

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2011, 02:59:24 PM »

So far, £350.

You went for beach volleyball, didn't you?

Is there any other kind?

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Josedinho

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2011, 03:03:05 PM »

Thought the tennis final was quite reasonable so applied for that. Rest was too expensive I reckon. I'll see what's left over.
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2011, 03:13:07 PM »

Can't remember if I read this somewhere or whether it fell out of my brain by itself, but why didn't they do a preference system for the tickets, along with a maximum number you want to pay for.

So you'd place your request for tickets, in order of preference.

1 - 100m final
2 - Opening ceremony
3 - Closing ceremony
4 - Vicky Pendleton
5 - Swimming final
6 - Badminton 1st round
7 - Judo or somesuch

You'd then say you want a max of 3 of these. So if you get your first three, all well and good, but if you don't then you might get ones further down your list. What doesn't happen is you get stung for 7 lots of tickets one day and so don't have to keep all that money free on your card.

BTW, nearly everyone I know who has tried for tickets has gone for the opening and closing ceremonies. Odds of getting one of those are very very slim.
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2011, 04:32:35 PM »

I guess they have to have make people commit to a certain amount so that they don't end up with loads of tickets that people said they wanted, but then change their mind.  The people who decide that they can no longer be arsed to go to the Judo preliminaries when they have just binked a 100m or Vicky Pendleton ticket.

gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2011, 04:36:46 PM »

Can't remember if I read this somewhere or whether it fell out of my brain by itself, but why didn't they do a preference system for the tickets, along with a maximum number you want to pay for.

So you'd place your request for tickets, in order of preference.

1 - 100m final
2 - Opening ceremony
3 - Closing ceremony
4 - Vicky Pendleton
5 - Swimming final
6 - Badminton 1st round
7 - Judo or somesuch

You'd then say you want a max of 3 of these. So if you get your first three, all well and good, but if you don't then you might get ones further down your list. What doesn't happen is you get stung for 7 lots of tickets one day and so don't have to keep all that money free on your card.

that's the best explanation I've heard of what next week's referendum is about

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2011, 04:41:17 PM »

I guess they have to have make people commit to a certain amount so that they don't end up with loads of tickets that people said they wanted, but then change their mind.  The people who decide that they can no longer be arsed to go to the Judo preliminaries when they have just binked a 100m or Vicky Pendleton ticket.

They'll already have paid for their judo ticket. If they don't want to turn up, the Olympics people won't mind.
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2011, 06:11:56 PM »

I'm with you now, you're saying that they can only get 3 out of the 7 tickets.  I'm not sure this AV system would suit the way they're going to allocate tickets.  I'm sure if there are enough people going for full-price 100m final tickets, the allocation of these will be increased and the cheaper seats will be allocated to fewer - hence why they haven't shown the breakdown of tickets bands on a stadium plan of the seating.

kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2011, 07:44:13 PM »

I guess we all got the email just now about the ticketing:

"Thank you for applying for London 2012 Olympic tickets. As you will be aware, we have started to allocate tickets and are now taking payment from Visa credit and debit cards, as well as banking cheques and postal orders.

The vast majority of payments will be taken by next week (31 May), with the entire process completed by 10 June.

We will contact you before 24 June to let you know if you have been successful and, if so, which tickets you have been allocated.

Second chance sales
There will be another chance to apply for tickets – we are calling this ‘second chance sales’.

If you have not been allocated any tickets in the initial process, you will have the first chance to apply for tickets. This will be followed by a further chance for those who were allocated some or all of their ticket requests.

Second chance sales will include tickets for lots of great sport including Basketball, Beach Volleyball, Boxing, Canoe Sprint, Cycling (Women’s Mountain Bike), Football, Handball, Hockey, Taekwondo, Volleyball, Weightlifting and Wrestling. So there are plenty of other chances to be part of the greatest show on earth.

Card payments
Visa payments will only be taken for successful applications. If your card has been lost or stolen or there are any issues with collection of payment, we will contact you by 10 June 2011 to arrange an alternative Visa payment. "

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: