blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 10:31:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272480 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  GUKPT Walsall: The Final
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 [27] Go Down Print
Author Topic: GUKPT Walsall: The Final  (Read 72135 times)
Skgv

View Profile
« Reply #390 on: May 02, 2011, 07:53:00 PM »

Absolutely fantastic updates guys, it's an amazing effort over the three long days.

To be honest, my general observation sometimes on Blonde is that it's easy to belittle someone who people feel hasn't played "techincally" well. Whilst noone would mean it in a negative way at all, it would be understandable for the player in question to feel a bit offended. It’s sometimes difficult to see the thin line between people simply observing that they thought some of  the plays were bad, and people acting with disdain towards the actual person. In short, it's easy to see why he might take it personally.

To be honest, I felt this far more strongly in the DTD update where the guy was criticised for folding AK face up. However, I think we all on Blonde would hope that anyone at the final table might read the comments, and should probably act assuming that they will.

I don't mean it at all as a criticism of Blonde, as I'm absolutely sure this would be the case on any forum, and definitely way more so on something like two plus two. In fact, I’m sure it would happen on a forum built around any shared interest at all, not just poker. I just think this is such a positive and friendly forum, that we can extend it to everyone.

I think what makes poker so much fun is that people will come to it from all different angles, and with different levels of experience. Many many congrats to him, it's a great achievement. He must have got lucky to win the torunament, but only because anyone who wins a tournament does, but he must also have played with a fair amount of skill along the way.

Poker is made by its stories. To be honest, I think us young 'uns (I'll knock off a few years and include myself!) should realise that we actually have a very boring story. We have not worked many hours in a proper job in our lives; we have got lucky along the way; we have put in hundreds of hours of playing  online, so much that it would be tough for us not to be at least decent at the game; we probably don't realise how lucky we are, and the amounts of money involved don’t make much of an interesting difference in our lives.

This guy will have played a tiny fraction of the bank of hands that we’ve played; he’s driven the cab he works in during the week to Walsall, had the balls to put down a grand of his money, held his nerve, played well, albeit unconventionally sometimes, and scooped the lot. That’s a great story, hats off to him.
Havnt posted on here for a while but now an then you will get someone posting something  worthy of a comment an in this case stu you are a legend....
action man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #391 on: May 02, 2011, 08:44:58 PM »

the update threads should be locked after the result.  Every thread has a few pages of the same dross, about how bad the winner was yawwwwwwwwwwwn
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #392 on: May 02, 2011, 08:59:48 PM »

the update threads should be locked after the result.  Every thread has a few pages of the same dross, about how bad the winner was yawwwwwwwwwwwn
pure jealousy trigg. i have to deal with it all the time

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

View Profile
« Reply #393 on: May 02, 2011, 09:02:09 PM »

and the biggest winner was you..£2k for shortening bens odds coz the steamy stuff was trickling down you leg when all along you knew the score. took two minutes to post that. peolpe feel grimmed. Wink

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
action man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #394 on: May 02, 2011, 10:09:07 PM »

i wish it was £2k i made, didnt pay out a bean though this time
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

View Profile
« Reply #395 on: May 02, 2011, 10:50:00 PM »

i wish it was £2k i made, didnt pay out a bean though this time
sorry mate. assumption is the brother of all fuck ups. saw you would donate 10% to blonde then saw £260 donation so assumed? not one for getting things right very often

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
DMorgan

View Profile
« Reply #396 on: May 03, 2011, 02:50:44 AM »

I have just read all the 3 different day update threads on here and would just like to say thanks to all the up daters.

I was contemplating in volunteering, if needed, for future ones but after seeing the aftermath of this one, might have to reconsider.

Shame really.

Once again, CHEERS ALL for the up dates.

Surely if you want to see something different on the updates then the best way to do that is to have a go yourself!

Tighty give everyone licence to present the updates pretty much however you want, I just included some hand analysis cos I thought they were interesting hands

If you look through some of the other update threads there are loads of different styles of doing the updates

I'd definitely reccommend giving it a go anyway, it was good fun

smashedagain
moderator of moderators

View Profile
« Reply #397 on: May 03, 2011, 04:55:00 AM »

Lol

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
MC
Super

View Profile WWW
« Reply #398 on: May 03, 2011, 09:28:39 AM »

Meh, I think it's natural to think the person/people who play the best deserve to win.

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal"
http://www.atkinator.net ..... @epitomised
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #399 on: May 03, 2011, 11:34:12 AM »

People who play well increase their equity slightly in a tournament. But the equity figure doesn't have any compassion towards the most deserving players in the field. It is what it is. Anybody who wins a tournament will win flips etc so I don't think any 53%-47% coup has a rightful and just winner. You can certainly have a personal opinion about who you would like to win but the nature of the game is clinical and mathematical not romantic. At the weekend I had a big bet on a horse. It lead all the way round. It really deserved to win. It didn't.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
Knottikay

View Profile
« Reply #400 on: May 03, 2011, 12:37:55 PM »

I have just read all the 3 different day update threads on here and would just like to say thanks to all the up daters.

I was contemplating in volunteering, if needed, for future ones but after seeing the aftermath of this one, might have to reconsider.

Shame really.

Surely if you want to see something different on the updates then the best way to do that is to have a go yourself!

Tighty give everyone licence to present the updates pretty much however you want, I just included some hand analysis cos I thought they were interesting hands

If you look through some of the other update threads there are loads of different styles of doing the updates

I'd definitely reccommend giving it a go anyway, it was good fun

Shame really.

why not?

Why not indeed, these event's are also about teamwork IMO. The updater's important roles are to get the info on the hands, the pictures, the blind levels, the chip counts etc onto the forum, to do this this some people like for example me at this event just run around to get as much of this as they can and don't have time to sit down and post much anyway especially on day 1 which is quite frantic when the day1b players begin and day 1a are still playing.

Hand analysis/discussion can be done by those reading the threads, the above can't so please reconsider, likewise anyone else who is thinking of volunteering, all help would be welcome I'm sure to make Tighty's job easier, even down to grabbing the rest of the team the occasional tea, coffee, water, headache tablets etc and of course the news that there is some of the buffet left if anyone wants seconds.  Wink

Every little helps, so please reconsider!

Please don't get me wrong here folks. I have said on this thread and elsewhere how well and hard the up daters work and I was actually at Walsall at the w-end to witness this! (railing, not playing). My point was that it was a shame to see ANY critiscm of their work, whether it was 'tongue in cheek' or not. Then the aftermath on this thread regarding the winner's merits were IMO uncalled for on THIS thread. Perhaps another debate thread could of been started for this. Perhaps I am not tuned into how this forum operates yet. Anyway, I will consider helping out at future events if need be......even if it is just the drinks carrier! lol.

Cheers,

Alan 'maxxy'

Life has no rebuy options
easypickings

View Profile
« Reply #401 on: May 03, 2011, 12:40:33 PM »

+1

It's not the most romantic way of looking at it, but actually there will never have been a tournament that anyone has ever deserved to win.

Simon Deadman may well have played the best poker of anyone over the weekend- he's obviously a incredibly talented player, and really impressed me in the short space of time I played with him before I donated my chips to him.

However, he did not get less than he deserved, but far more. Why? Because however well he played, no one could play so well in a poker tournament to deserve a 2600% ROI.

Whenever people have an opinion as to whether the person lifting the trophy deserves it or not, it really makes no sense. If Phil Ivey had flown into Birmingham airport for the weekend, made the short journey up the M6, played at the top of his game, and ultimately lifted the trophy, even he would not have deserved it.

A far more boring way of looking at it I know, but a true story.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #402 on: May 03, 2011, 02:45:31 PM »

Cliffs:

Stu Rutter >>>>>> Life Cheesy

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 [27] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: