blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 15, 2024, 11:49:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2273071 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Lessons from our Elder: "In the Well" with Rupert
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Lessons from our Elder: "In the Well" with Rupert  (Read 36157 times)
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: May 13, 2011, 11:32:08 AM »

Some advice for a 45man grinder thinking of moving to cash ?

Congrats on the bink, enjoy.
Rupert
:)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #106 on: May 13, 2011, 11:33:13 AM »

Start low, work hard, lots of videos.  Start off by playing tight like 18/15 and loosen up as you get more comfortable with postflop decisions.  DONT GET TOO PARANOID PEOPLE ARE PLAYING LOTS OF TABLES AND NOT BLUFFING YOU AS MUCH AS YOU THINK!!!

mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 13, 2011, 11:36:40 AM »

Start low, work hard, lots of videos.  Start off by playing tight like 18/15 and loosen up as you get more comfortable with postflop decisions.  DONT GET TOO PARANOID PEOPLE ARE PLAYING LOTS OF TABLES AND NOT BLUFFING YOU AS MUCH AS YOU THINK!!!

Cheers, glgl in Vegas.
Rupert
:)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #108 on: May 13, 2011, 11:53:45 AM »

Right, off to win the tournament of champions!  See you in two hours !

sovietsong

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 13, 2011, 01:03:50 PM »

wish i'd read this before i played today Sad

In the category of Funniest Poster I nominate sovietsong. - mantis 21/12/2012
easypickings

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 13, 2011, 01:12:53 PM »

Rupert, many congrats, it's such a sick score.

The last five runners in Remo were all under 25, and this has been the case in so many recent EPTs.

Now that these kids are prepared to raise with bad hands on the button, continuation bet even if they don't hit the flop, and even back raise without a good hand, is it game over for people like me over the age of 26?
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 13, 2011, 01:28:09 PM »

No question just congrats on a sick sick score and an epic well!!

GL in the TOC

gobby
Probation

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 13, 2011, 02:17:30 PM »

Italian BMT, non toasted, extra cheese, light mayo, cucumber lettuce tomato sometimes chillis

omg this.

I used to have the red wine vinegarette sub but they stopped doing that a long time back. Italian BMT rules, especially with half mayo half chilli. Toasted is sometimes nice too, but then you get to taste all that oil that seeps out of the parma hams. you forgot the sweetcorn, must have sweetcorn. But no olives.

SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 13, 2011, 02:29:51 PM »

PLans for vegas/schedule?

Be honest...how many times have you stood in front of the mirror at home lifting the trophy up?! (Jake maintains to this day he has never done this which is complete lies)

Would you mind if in vegas I told some girls I was Rupert Elder and I won EPT San Remo for over a mirrion dorrars so I can sleep with them?

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 13, 2011, 02:32:00 PM »

Be honest...how many times have you stood in front of the mirror at home lifting the trophy up?! (Jake maintains to this day he has never done this which is complete lies)

Would you mind if in vegas I told some girls I was Rupert Elder and I won EPT San Remo for over a mirrion dorrars so I can sleep with them?

The minimum age to play poker in Vegas is 21, David.

Would a pretty girl really want to sleep with a slip of a lad who looks barely 12?

Sorry & all that.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2011, 02:34:41 PM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 13, 2011, 02:47:51 PM »

Would a pretty girl really want to sleep with a slip of a lad who looks barely 12?

Sorry & all that.

haha

no prolly not - but if she thought I had just won an EPT......

come on rupert hook a bruva up

smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 13, 2011, 03:06:21 PM »

Sorry & all that.

haha

no prolly not - but if she thought I had just won an EPT......

come on rupert hook a bruva up
pmsl.....lil dave looking to get some of ruperts spare tash. tell em you are keys and the bears love child and are their only child so are all set to inherit the world. but be quick it wont last long once you hit the plo games

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
skolsuper

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 13, 2011, 05:19:35 PM »

You are handling this incredibly well, Rupert, & my sincere congrats to you.

Excuse my ignorance, but from reading this, presumably you & Mr Keys are quite close friends? If so, what a duo, & what a year you are having.

I wish you both continued success, & lots of it.

Any advice for an old-school grinder?

Will you "lock up" some of your winnings in a long-term investment?

Yeah I consider Keys a good friend, dunno what he thinks about me!

Rupert and I went to school together, albeit one class apart, but have been good friends since that summer he mentioned where we worked for his dad wasting paint, so about 10 years now (wow). We play and think about the game in a similar way, but have different approaches off the table. Rupert works hard and is very disciplined whereas I play when I feel like it and have taken more risks, but it's gotten us both to about the same place. The difference is that if someone else had taken my approach there's a very good chance they wouldn't have a coin right now (no doubt there are many in this category), whereas if they had worked as hard as Rupert they'd be a favourite to have had a big result like this, and probably would have had it a lot sooner. There was a discussion recently in the Walsall live update thread about whether anyone can 'deserve' to win a tournament, in my opinion there were probably very few people in the field that deserved to win San Remo more than Rupert, simply because of the preparation and effort he's put in over the years to get where he is today. If we played heads up tomorrow Rupert would be a clear favourite, and not just because of our respective heads up records Sad
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 13, 2011, 06:47:24 PM »

You are handling this incredibly well, Rupert, & my sincere congrats to you.

Excuse my ignorance, but from reading this, presumably you & Mr Keys are quite close friends? If so, what a duo, & what a year you are having.

I wish you both continued success, & lots of it.

Any advice for an old-school grinder?

Will you "lock up" some of your winnings in a long-term investment?

Yeah I consider Keys a good friend, dunno what he thinks about me!

Rupert and I went to school together, albeit one class apart, but have been good friends since that summer he mentioned where we worked for his dad wasting paint, so about 10 years now (wow). We play and think about the game in a similar way, but have different approaches off the table. Rupert works hard and is very disciplined whereas I play when I feel like it and have taken more risks, but it's gotten us both to about the same place. The difference is that if someone else had taken my approach there's a very good chance they wouldn't have a coin right now (no doubt there are many in this category), whereas if they had worked as hard as Rupert they'd be a favourite to have had a big result like this, and probably would have had it a lot sooner. There was a discussion recently in the Walsall live update thread about whether anyone can 'deserve' to win a tournament, in my opinion there were probably very few people in the field that deserved to win San Remo more than Rupert, simply because of the preparation and effort he's put in over the years to get where he is today. If we played heads up tomorrow Rupert would be a clear favourite, and not just because of our respective heads up records Sad
but as he has dodged the question...who is your fav poster on blonde..and will you get a hat like andrew waymans

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
Sweir

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 13, 2011, 08:48:53 PM »

What do you think are my biggest leaks (or just anything I do badly in general)?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: