blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 05:08:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272431 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16944 Members
Latest Member: Blader
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Lessons from our Elder: "In the Well" with Rupert
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Lessons from our Elder: "In the Well" with Rupert  (Read 35533 times)
Rupert
:)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: May 12, 2011, 03:38:04 PM »

just listening to the 2+2 poker cast - did you really 5 bet with T3 when 3 handed?

You do realise the hand is T4 right?  Cheesy

oh cool i'll have to listen.  i didn't 5 bet with T3 no.  I had 93s

gobby
Probation

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 12, 2011, 03:48:28 PM »

hi rupert,

congratulations on the win, for the first time I was actually drawn in to watch the livestream FT online.

1). what advice would you give to a cash grinder, who has a WSOP Main event ticket this summer but has next to no MTT experience, let alone playing live? whats the fastest/best way for me to get some experience/knowledge, so that my 10k ticket doesn't go to waste?

2). who do you think produces the best all round videos that explain ranges and thought processes? Any particular videos which you'd recommend?

btw, I met you before at an i-multiplay event during summer 2008, I only said hi to you but I feel I should've got to talk to you a bit more than that Smiley. I think most of the time you were playing fifa on your massive monitor though.

gl in vegas!

Nico29

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 12, 2011, 04:32:02 PM »

Hi rupert, wp and wd mate.

Plans for vegas in summer?

Read on your blog that you'd watched some training vids in the last few months, i just joined up on a trail with bluefire-recommended site?

Biggest improvements in your game in last year or so?

Was it especially sweet to show keys how to win heads up?? Smiley

« Last Edit: May 12, 2011, 04:36:25 PM by Nico29 » Logged
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 12, 2011, 04:57:26 PM »

Hi Rupert,

Do you think poker players whose names begin with Rup are destined for greatness?

Do you know liv and has she been in contact to congratulate you?

Are you planning a mad night out this side of the pond? What are your plans for Vegas? Are you selling action?

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: May 12, 2011, 05:02:26 PM »

Congrats.

RUP-DOG.

The older I get, the better I was.
pokerfan

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 12, 2011, 05:12:50 PM »

Reckon you cost me €12.5k, sell a bit here next time  Grin 1% of WSOP main too if your selling pls.

Also Sov asked JC this question but he didn't reply, hope you will.

Which would you prefer 3 small eyes or one big eye ?  (if choosing the 3 eye option would you go for a mono brow or a triple archer ) ?

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 12, 2011, 05:18:10 PM »

Obviously you are active in the staking field, both staking and being staked

Have you ever have any bad experiences in staking? How do you minimise the risk of these?

Does your criteria for staking ever go beyond perceived ability into other factors such as friendships etc?

What premium is it reasonable for a good UK player such as yourself, Keys etc to charge for big live MTTs? Does that now go up?

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
littlemissC

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 12, 2011, 05:21:52 PM »

Why are you such a nice guy? I feel like my life would be easier if you were a ***** and I could hate you for winning an ept but actually I'm just happy for you, any chance you could work on this?

hahaha man I used to be the most jealous guy ever whenever someone would start getting the lot.  Not really sure what happened, probably went through a bit of live misery myself and realised how awesome it was that everyone was winning everything!  Not sure about the nice guy bit, have berated so many people on forums and irl for being idiots but don't ever seem to get called out on it.  Love a good argument over the internet about something petty!!
lol

wd on all your success lately.you seem to be really enjoying yourself playing from what ive read on your blog do you think this helps you to do better

« Last Edit: May 12, 2011, 05:25:10 PM by littlemissC » Logged
Cf
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 12, 2011, 06:20:56 PM »

Which is your favourite Civilization game?

In Civilization 2 which was your favourite advisor?

What is your favourite Civilization to play as and why?

And your thoughts on Civilization V? I can't seem to get into it.

Blue text
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: May 12, 2011, 06:38:30 PM »

Which is your favourite Civilization game?

In Civilization 2 which was your favourite advisor?

What is your favourite Civilization to play as and why?

And your thoughts on Civilization V? I can't seem to get into it.

Latest Civ has taken me a while to get into as well - it needed a few patches to get game balance better.

Rupert - which halls of residence were you in at Warwick? 

Cov or Leam when you lived out?

Favourite pub?
sovietsong

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 12, 2011, 10:42:26 PM »

congrats on the win!

what do your HEM stats look like?

In the category of Funniest Poster I nominate sovietsong. - mantis 21/12/2012
Boba Fett
Doctor of Thugonomics

Pain is Temporary!

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 12, 2011, 11:28:17 PM »

Was it ever hard to motivate yourself to take the time to watch so many videos and not spending that time actually playing poker?

Highest score on Robot Unicorn attack?

Best degen story?

Ya gotta crawl before ya ball!
AlexMartin
spewtards r us

rat+rabbiting society of herts- future champ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: May 13, 2011, 12:57:48 AM »

Congrats

When building your roll originally, how long did you spend at lower limits before hitting 2/4,3/6,5/10?  How good was your BRM at the lower limits, did you take many shots playing higher to move up more quickly?

What do you think the biggest leaks are from pro tourney players with relatively little cash game experience in tourneys?  What is the most common leak for cash game regulars playing tourneys?

What advice would you give MTT'ers looking to switch to cash?

TY

I started with a $2k roll at NL50 once I graduated uni.  I felt pretty busto but lots of holidays and spending will do that to you.  Got up to like $4k then played NL100 for a while, don't have my HEM here but going from PTR I played like 50k hands at NL100 on party.  Then Keys/Tommo binked Estonia and I got like $10k from that and had a huge heater in December 09 when I won $30k at online MTTs.  I then played $1/2 for what seems like an eternity, probs in the region of 150k hands and started playing more live donkaments etc.  Had few hiccups, Oz '10 and Vegas '10 were expensive then just as I was moving up to 2/4 (played like 20k hands) and chopped the tilt mill for $155k which I saw like $60k of which was cool.  Then just pretty much grinded 2/4 for a while before deciding I was good enough to play 3/6 and 5/10.  I think 3/6 is significantly tougher than 2/4 though so will probs stick to 2/4-5/10 for a while.  Basically in 2 years i've gone from NL50 to NL1000.

Making really dumb bluffs with poor equity hands e.g. hand from berlin, guy opens UTG flat flat flop JTx, UTG checks, utg+1 bets, utg+2 raises, utg jams, utg+1 folds, utg+2 tank calls with 55.  Was most retarded hand ever.  UTG+2 is a stars pro fwiw and got himself in a bit of a pickle.  They also love to bluff when they are repping nothing just because they think their opponent is weak which is really good against bad players, however as long as most competent players have enough faith in an easy read then they are just burning $.  Cash game players are obv awesome in live tournies, but some of them aren't very good shortstackers and don't understand that most 20bb stacks aren't opening too light so their rejams with K4s are terrible.

Start low, play lots, watch lots of videos

hi rupert, great score, always found your analysis pretty tight to the mark. where/how often do you play cash online? how do you see the game progressing over next 12 months (post black-friday etc)? Best ever/most reliable live tell? screenames?
Rupert

View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: May 13, 2011, 01:45:23 AM »

hi rupert,

congratulations on the win, for the first time I was actually drawn in to watch the livestream FT online.

1). what advice would you give to a cash grinder, who has a WSOP Main event ticket this summer but has next to no MTT experience, let alone playing live? whats the fastest/best way for me to get some experience/knowledge, so that my 10k ticket doesn't go to waste?

2). who do you think produces the best all round videos that explain ranges and thought processes? Any particular videos which you'd recommend?

btw, I met you before at an i-multiplay event during summer 2008, I only said hi to you but I feel I should've got to talk to you a bit more than that Smiley. I think most of the time you were playing fifa on your massive monitor though.

gl in vegas!

Play some MTTs I guess, watch some MTT videos get a grasp of how to play a shortstack.  The ME is super deepstack so just make sure you are familiar with various dynamics etc.

Giggy videos are awesome as are Galfond philosophy ones

Yeah I remember meeting you with sian

Rupert

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: May 13, 2011, 01:46:37 AM »

Hi rupert, wp and wd mate.

Plans for vegas in summer?

Read on your blog that you'd watched some training vids in the last few months, i just joined up on a trail with bluefire-recommended site?

Biggest improvements in your game in last year or so?

Was it especially sweet to show keys how to win heads up?? Smiley

6 wks of grinding live donkaments and maybe some live/online cash

Bluefire def my fave site followed by Leggo.  Cardrunners is really good for NL200 and below

Patience and hand reading

It's always especially sweet to win heads up, but getting one over Keys is good too!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: