blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 10:03:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272431 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16944 Members
Latest Member: Blader
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Lessons from our Elder: "In the Well" with Rupert
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Lessons from our Elder: "In the Well" with Rupert  (Read 35547 times)
Rupert
:)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2011, 02:08:41 PM »

Favourite WWE wrestler?

Why are so many young british guys dominating world poker right now?

Did you shed a tear at any stage following your win?

First person you called after your win?

What was it like the next time you played poker (if indeed you have yet), could you focus in the normal way?

THE ROCK!

I didn't, but felt like I should

Erm think it was Ben Mayhew cos he text me telling me to ring him.  Then I rang my mum

The next hand I played I think was EPT Madrid so yeah I was pretty focussed

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2011, 02:09:41 PM »

Keys is generally fairly quiet but always really fun to live with.  But when he gets lashed he's gotta be one of the most hilarious people ever.  Can thoroughly recommend a lash up with him.

+1 mirrion

Rupert

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2011, 02:11:42 PM »

Hey Rupert

You have an amazing technicolour Hendon Mob  - do you satellite into your foregin adventures or just have "poker aways days" as treats?

Do you think your big win will change your motivation - either at stakes played/desire to travel more with poker/making a on-line to live transition?

I think you having amazing composure/emotion control - is this something you have actually worked on or is it a more natural trait of your personality?

Bit of both.  This year I just bought into Aussie after selling action, then Manila I won a seat for, GSOP Seville I won a seat for, Irish open I won a seat for, EPT Berlin/San Remo I bought into/sold action.

Prob just gonna keep doing what I was doing before and bumhunt online cash/bumhunt live tournies

Yeah I used to be a bit of a tilt monkey but i'm over it now.  Not really much to think about, I feel financially secure and have seen most bad beats etc before.  I get way way more tilted when I play badly but I do my best to hide it!  After busting WSOP ME last yr I was really really downbeat because I knew i'd played a whole day of poker pretty badly.  Was in hotel room with a load of friends and it pretty much looked like I was going to cry.

Girgy85

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2011, 02:12:57 PM »

Do you drive, if so are you buying a new car?

Do you like Fishfinger and red sauce sandwiches?

Top 3 women of all time?

McDonalds or KFC?

Best poster Girgy IMO - Mantis

Girgy is my new hero! - Evilpie

Think Girgy has shown the best leopard instincts in this thread and would prob survive best in the wild. Eye of the tiger that fella - Mantis

Girgy is a m'fkn machine - Daveshoelace
Rupert

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2011, 02:13:05 PM »

Is your avatar a settler from Civilization 2?

It is, it used to be the manamana thing from the muppets but someone else on stars had that too, also it was a bit camp lol.  Spent so much fucking time playing that game and it's quirky enough that a few ELITE CIV 2 grinders would get it but NOT EVERYONE Cheesy

Rupert

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2011, 02:15:01 PM »

Top 3 women of all time?

McDonalds or KFC?

I've got a Nissan Almera, it's fucking awesome.  It's only got 50k miles on it and it's chugging along fine so doubt i'll replace it.  Also i'm in Vegas for 6 weeks then moving to London in August so don't think i'll buy a new car.  They're pretty expensive too.  Must admit that I did have a quick scour of the vantages on autotrader tho and was verrrrrrry tempted!

You mean Ketchup? Wink It's alright never really eat fish fingers tho

In terms of what?  Poker girls?

McDonalds, really not a fan of KFC for some reason.  Also McDonalds is way better than BK

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2011, 02:16:04 PM »

You play a lot of Online cash and then bink a big live comp. What different approaches do these disciplines require?

What are you looking for whether in terms of site of game in terms of Online cash?

You play(ed) a lot on Sky Poker. Are the games that good?!

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Girgy85

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2011, 02:17:36 PM »

Top 3 women of all time?

McDonalds or KFC?

I've got a Nissan Almera, it's fucking awesome.  It's only got 50k miles on it and it's chugging along fine so doubt i'll replace it.  Also i'm in Vegas for 6 weeks then moving to London in August so don't think i'll buy a new car.  They're pretty expensive too.  Must admit that I did have a quick scour of the vantages on autotrader tho and was verrrrrrry tempted!

You mean Ketchup? Wink It's alright never really eat fish fingers tho

In terms of what?  Poker girls?

McDonalds, really not a fan of KFC for some reason.  Also McDonalds is way better than BK

Top 3 Poker birds? That Ana Laura Marquez is a bit of orate Wink

Top 3 Celeb Birds?

Best poster Girgy IMO - Mantis

Girgy is my new hero! - Evilpie

Think Girgy has shown the best leopard instincts in this thread and would prob survive best in the wild. Eye of the tiger that fella - Mantis

Girgy is a m'fkn machine - Daveshoelace
knightfork77
Probation

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2011, 02:18:37 PM »

Hi Rupert. I've recently switched from chess to poker, and have picked things up quite quickly with a positive return on investment. If you were in my shoes, having only played 2-3 months, what would be the most important things to do to become a better player? e.g. read, watch videos, play more, post in forums etc? Thanks!
Rupert

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2011, 02:19:27 PM »

You play a lot of Online cash and then bink a big live comp. What different approaches do these disciplines require?

What are you looking for whether in terms of site of game in terms of Online cash?

You play(ed) a lot on Sky Poker. Are the games that good?!

it's important to win lots of flips, lots of non-flips and to wear the same hoodie for 10 days straight.  As tufat says, if your opponents think you stink, that's just an edge.  Just lots of 10-40bb play are the main things people get wrong.  Tourney players get opening sizing/3 bet wrong when super deep stacked and don't have a plan often enough.

Started playing there in Jan when Jack showed me it.  Ran/played pretty good at the HU games then decided to quit when I got home because the games seemed to have gained 2-3 more HU regs that were all good.  The 6 max games are always decent when they run, HU is pretty dead there though but it is everywhere unless you want to sit around for ages.

Rupert

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2011, 02:21:32 PM »

Top 3 Poker birds? That Ana Laura Marquez is a bit of orate Wink

Top 3 Celeb Birds?

hmm always been a gloria balding fan if she counts, xuan liu obv anddddd lynn gilmartin.  having trouble thinking of anyone!

rachel stevensx3

Rupert

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2011, 02:22:39 PM »

Hi Rupert. I've recently switched from chess to poker, and have picked things up quite quickly with a positive return on investment. If you were in my shoes, having only played 2-3 months, what would be the most important things to do to become a better player? e.g. read, watch videos, play more, post in forums etc? Thanks!

Playing lots is probably most important, followed by watching a TON of videos in all disciplines before you settle on one discipline you enjoy the most/win the most at.  Reading/posting probably doesn't have a ton of benefit when starting out.

millidonk

I'm supposed to wear a shell.. I don't - SLUG LIFE

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 12, 2011, 02:33:14 PM »

What is the most you would pay for a pair of shoes?
Will you only fly uper class/ prem ecom from now on?
Who is your poker hero?

harryredknapp
Probation

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 12, 2011, 02:33:40 PM »

What i wanna know is:

What's your chest size?
Rupert

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: May 12, 2011, 02:40:55 PM »

What is the most you would pay for a pair of shoes?
Will you only fly uper class/ prem ecom from now on?
Who is your poker hero?

after I staked a guy in the sunday million and he won I bought a new suit etc and some shoes which were £330.  Wore them about 5 times.  I mean if I really liked them i'd probs go up to £400 but my trainers cost like £40 and my "going out" shoes cost like £80.

nah, economy is fine.  although we did fly business from to Thailand which was £250 and on an Emirates A380 and it was AWESOME.

heroes die young, lots of legends though

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: