blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 10:23:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272572 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Best of blonde
| | | |-+  4,000 STTs in 4 months
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 49 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 4,000 STTs in 4 months  (Read 162089 times)
Wardonkey
No ordinary donkey!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2006, 09:01:53 PM »

I find the STTs on Tribeca beatable, I prefer timed levels for the reasons Jag mentioned, but the levels are currently 8 mins which means they finish in about an hour.
 It looks like Tribeca are introducing 12 minute levels but they have yet to do this at the $100 level, frankly I'd prefer it if they didn't. I currently play 2 tables and have an ROI over 20%. Changing the time of the levels will mean adjusting my game and perhaps a short-term dip in ROI, I can't see that I'll be able to increase my ROI enough to cover the inevitable drop in hourly rate as the tourneys take longer.
 I'll probably start playing 3 tables at a time.

One the best thing about STTs is that as long as you are beating the game then your variance and therefore bankroll requirements are both much lower than either cash or MTTs.

EEEEEEEEEE-AAAAAAAAWWWWW
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2006, 10:56:06 PM »

In the last six weeks I've only averaged 10 sit n go's a day. Not nearly enough, I'm getting too lazy. What I need is a target to shoot for and in Pokerstars new frequent player pont program I think I've found it.

My aim is to get to the Supernova level (100,000 VPP's) by the end of April. So it's 4,000 $55+5 tournaments in 4 months. Once I get this I can enjoy the equivalent of about 28% rakeback. (For explanation see the Porsche for FPP post http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=4975.0 )  I'm hoping to maintain an ROI of 15%, but will be happy with anything in double figures. If I hit the 15% target that'll be $36,000.

Day 1 went ok, 41 tournaments down (1% of my task completed Cheesy). Up $548 so 22.2% ROI so far (very early days, doesn't mean anything yet, but it's nice to get off to a winning start)

Tank

Just saw your post in the other thread in response to my querying whether rakeback was better than fpp.  Firstly I get 30%+ rakeback on crypto.  Also rakeback is cash whereas points can only be redeemed for specific items.  I don't think that standard fpps as they were are anything like as good as rakeback (60 or so to a $) but if you can accumulate them at a faster rate they might be ($1 every 17 hands rather than $1 every 60 hands) but the freedom to use cash as you like, edges rakeback for me. 

That said, the best of luck with your plan!
12barblues

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2006, 11:21:40 PM »

One the best thing about STTs is that as long as you are beating the game then your variance and therefore bankroll requirements are both much lower than ....... cash......

Thread hijack warning!

Can you explain why, for those of us who are slow on the uptake?

If life is a game of cards, somebody is cheating.
thetank

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2006, 12:28:18 AM »

A reasonable limit cash game game would expect to make just over 2 big bets an hour and require a bankroll of at least 300 big bets.

A reasonable low limit single table tournaments player would expect to make 35% of the buy-in per tournament (ROI), and require a bankroll of at least 25 buy-ins.

So, playing $1/$2 limt you'd make about the same as playing $10+$1 tournaments. With the former you'd need a roll of $600, but only $275 for the latter.

Similarly, MTT and NL cash games require a bigger bankroll than STT.

For super fun to exist, well defined parameters must exist for the super fun to exist within.
Wardonkey
No ordinary donkey!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2006, 12:43:48 AM »

Thanks Tank,

That's better put than the explaination I just wrote! Delete!

Good luck with reaching your goals. That's a lot of STTs how many hours do you put in?

EEEEEEEEEE-AAAAAAAAWWWWW
thetank

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2006, 01:25:41 AM »

Also rakeback is cash whereas points can only be redeemed for specific items. 

A darn good point, always better to be paid in cash than in cigarettes.
I had thought about it, and decided that I didn't mind. I'm just going to use the points to buy-in to tournaments that I would be buying into anyway (a few events at this summers WSOP maybe, the WCOOP, etc) so it won't make much odds to me. I understand it wouldn't be right for everyone.

That's a lot of STTs how many hours do you put in?

50ish a week should do the trick

How many of these do you play at once

4 at a time, after much experimenting I've found this works nicely for me.

Not 5 tis too many, or 3 tis too few Cheesy

« Last Edit: January 03, 2006, 09:07:00 AM by thetank » Logged

For super fun to exist, well defined parameters must exist for the super fun to exist within.
thetank

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2006, 08:30:53 AM »

Day 2 - A very good day results wise, less good as far as volume of play goes.

Only played 20, half of yesterdays total. I was busy with a few things in the afternoon/evening so I'll let myself off the hook for now. I'm tired now and there's no point in playing on when I'm sleepy. Task is 1.5% complete.

The good news is, the few tournaments I played in went really well.

Day 2 result : +$1,225.8 ($1773.8 total)
ROI : 48.5% (Still meaningless, it won't stay anywhere near this high. So long as it stays in double figures though, I'll be chuffed)

I'm trying to maintain a certain ambivilance about my results at this early stage of proceedings. Not celebrating too much when I win should help me not feel too gloomy after a bad day. Should help keep the tilt wolf from the door too.

There will still be highs and lows in my life, their absense would make for a drab existence indeed. I just don't wish that said ups and downs are dictated to me by my poker results. I'd rather my moods change because of what's going on in my life outside the random number generator.

Milestone #1 reached today, the Silverstar VIP status for 1,500 VPP which gives me a 50% increase in FPPs earned. Goldstar should only be a few days away, another 99 tournaments needed for that.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2006, 09:12:50 AM by thetank » Logged

bundle

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2006, 09:26:33 AM »

Great thread Tank...Keep em coming mate thumbs up
Jim-D

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2006, 11:22:07 AM »

Very good start tank, now get out of bed and get grinding up the hours Cheesy

Good luck
Jim.
Rachman

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2006, 07:23:15 PM »

For those STT lovers, VC Poker running stt promotion. Win 3 on the trot get $20, 4 gets $200, 5 gets $2000.

Just thought you should know, not mentioned elsewhere on this site

Manx and proud.
thetank

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2006, 09:17:50 PM »

For those STT lovers, VC Poker running stt promotion. Win 3 on the trot get $20, 4 gets $200, 5 gets $2000.

Just thought you should know, not mentioned elsewhere on this site

From the VC website....

"Payout Structure:

1. For claims containing tables with a buy in from and including $1 up to and including $5—25% of the total bonus payout will be applied.
2. For claims containing tables with a buy in of greater than $5 and up to and including $15—50% of the total bonus payout will be applied.
3. For claims containing tables with a buy in of greater than $15—100% of the total bonus payout will be applied.
4. All tables with a buy in of less than $1 are excluded from this promotion
5. If there is mixtures of table buy in within any prize claim—the lower percentage will be applicable.
"

It's still a good promotion for those who play low limits.

If you win 20% of your SNG's it works out as an extra $0.22 EV per tournament. $10 or $20 buy-in players expect a 4% increase in your ROI.

If you win 16% of the time it's an extra $0.11 EV per tornament extra. $10 or $20 buy-in players expect a 2% increase in your ROI.

Even though the jackpot payouts are a quarter at the really low limits ($1-$5 buy-ins) players still do well from this promotion. $1 players with a 20% chance of finishing 1st coming out best getting a 17% increase in their ROI. (If they're that good they should deposit a few bucks and play the $10s though Cheesy)

Note :- The numbers here will actually work out slightly higher than those stated, as you'll adjust your style (by gambling it up more than normal near the bubble) after winning two or three in a row to slightly increase your chance of getting 1st.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2006, 09:21:03 PM by thetank » Logged

Wardonkey
No ordinary donkey!

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2006, 12:12:56 AM »

My records go back 846 games, I make 20% ROI but i've only won 3 in a row once and never more....

I'm not saying it can't be done, but I don't think this promo adds much to the EV of your STTs except perhaps it attracts a few more fish.

EEEEEEEEEE-AAAAAAAAWWWWW
thetank

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2006, 04:32:01 PM »

Day 3 - Managed 32 last night so that's 93 in total (2.3% complete) I was wanting to do more but ran out of steam. Mechanical as these things are, sleeping whilst playing might reduce maximum efficiency.

I promised to mention poppet7 today and thank her for her support. She's railed me for a few batches of 4, whenever she does I seem to cash in far more than my fair share of them. She feels the traditional "aaaaaayyyyyyaaaaarrrrrr" too masculine and opts for a more girlie "yaaaaaaaay" instead.

Poor girl must be really bored, as dull as these things are to play they must be even duller to watch. Thanks poppet thumbs up and good luck in your studies when you go back on Thursday.

Day 3 Result : +$1,050 ($2,823.8 total)

ROI : 50.6% (zoiks, won't keep this up, tis a physical impossibility)

I want to hit 200 before blonde bash. I'm going to deal at Cincci's on Thursday so i'll need to clock up a fair few today to get anywhere near that target. An early start should help.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2006, 04:40:38 PM by thetank » Logged

Triple X

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2006, 05:01:39 PM »

whats your stars online name tank , if you dont mind me asking?
thetank

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 04, 2006, 05:06:17 PM »

whats your stars online name tank , if you dont mind me asking?

Are you planning on hunting me down? Please don't take all my dough .

Stars name is tigmong.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 49 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: