blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 07:23:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272603 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Best of blonde
| | | |-+  4,000 STTs in 4 months
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 ... 49 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 4,000 STTs in 4 months  (Read 162214 times)
Keith The Great

View Profile
« Reply #630 on: April 22, 2006, 07:19:39 PM »

Good luck today tank Cheesy Hope you do well m8
thetank

View Profile
« Reply #631 on: April 24, 2006, 01:52:30 PM »

Days 111, 112 and 113 - I was most happical with the way Saturday panned out, we made a grand for P4C and it all ended with a bit of drama.

With 2 hours to go, a quick audit revealed that I had neglected to count 5 of the tournaments I'd entered during the day. Instead of being 220 in, I was 225 in.
This was good news and bad news. Good news as it now looked almost certain that I'd be able to complete the 240 within the alloted 24 hours. Bad news because I though I was already in comma territory, but it turned out I had made $300 less (the buy-in to the 5 tournaments). Still had work to do for a four figure result.

It all came down to the last tournament, at that time I was up around $970 to the good and needed any cash for a comma. Rod was updating on blonde and I had a big bunch of PRO faithfuls in the chat window. A bubble would have left a sour taste to the day. Thankfully, I hung on for 2nd place and a cheeky wee comma was in the cheeky wee bag. Cheesy

I'll post a wee link to the 240STTs in 24 hours thread for posterity.

Days 111, 112 and 113 Results : +$1,053 (+$18,608 total)
ROI : 8.5%
RDRR: 54.8

I'm wanting to have 3,999 done by 6pm on Sunday. That's when I'm intending to start tournament 4,000.
Also intending to play Mad Martys £150 game at Cincinnatis on Saturday, so I'll have a busy 5 days mopping up the remaining games.

For super fun to exist, well defined parameters must exist for the super fun to exist within.
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #632 on: April 24, 2006, 06:45:47 PM »

This diary is up-to-date now on the main site.
Junior Senior

View Profile
« Reply #633 on: April 27, 2006, 01:46:26 PM »

me and tank doing battle now....

tank just had the most horrible beat ..  really really sick - i guess if i tell someone elses beat then i dont have to pay 50p?!!

(our hero) vs  (our villian) - all in preflop at level 3.

flop comes  . - so tank now has the str8 made and is 4 to the coconut flush. - in great shape wouldn't you say?!

turn is....

river is

very dirty in deed - ul tank
thetank

View Profile
« Reply #634 on: April 27, 2006, 02:21:54 PM »

We'll go 25p each, that sounds fair Smiley

It's just losing out on a 75/25 prop at the end of the day. It's usually all-in pre-flop with the turbos so you cannae be bothered about the beats too much.

I go in with more than my fair share of pisch trying to pick up the blinds when they get large, so consequently am on the winning end of bad beats plenty of times too. As I write this, I just rivered a set against an overpair to knock some poor schmuck out on the bubble  Cheesy
« Last Edit: April 27, 2006, 02:41:32 PM by thetank » Logged

For super fun to exist, well defined parameters must exist for the super fun to exist within.
thetank

View Profile
« Reply #635 on: April 27, 2006, 02:28:57 PM »

I think the beats are more likely to bother you if it's somehow "personal" with the other guy. Maybe you've exchanged macho words with them in the past or they're just being overly "American" and you really wanna see them lose.

This is why I turn off the chat box, (so I apologise if I didn't say  Junior )

the bus
so comma crew footsoldier

All aboard! (The bitter bus)

View Profile
« Reply #636 on: April 27, 2006, 04:55:25 PM »

pffffft, what a load of drivel.

Get a real job.  Cheesy
lazaroonie

Your a dead man Den Watts !!

View Profile
« Reply #637 on: April 27, 2006, 05:32:46 PM »

why dont you tell us a bit more about yourself mr bus ? You could start by filling out a blonde profile questionnaire...

The blog of my friend Colchester Kev
http://colchesterkev.wordpress.com/
the bus

View Profile
« Reply #638 on: April 27, 2006, 07:24:36 PM »

done  Cool
Swordpoker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #639 on: April 28, 2006, 06:18:14 PM »

The Tank was playing poker constantly, never fully awake, never fully asleep. Then one day, he met The Bus. The Bus had exactly the same case of poker chips as The Tank but they seemed to be exact oposites to each other. After The Tank got home to find his flat had been destroyed he called The Bus for help but he didn't really know why. They had a few drinks then The Bus said "hit me"............

I, Zimbra
Fallen Astronaut

"the wind in my heart, the dust in my head"

View Profile
« Reply #640 on: April 28, 2006, 07:17:33 PM »

"I want you to raise me as much as you can."

gadji beri bimba clandridi
lauli lonni cadori gadjam
a bim beri glassala glandride
e glassala tuffm i zimbra
thetank

View Profile
« Reply #641 on: April 29, 2006, 10:13:43 AM »

Days 114, 115, 116, 117, 118 and 119 - Well it was all looking so easy.

Indeed, I was worried the thread kinda peaked too early with the 24 hour thing. All throughout the 4 months, it was never looking certain if I would manage or not. After last Saturday, that all changed. Bookies were no longer taking bets, the remaining tournaments looked like they'd be a walk in the park. I even made a decision to not update the last week, thought it might build up a bit of much needed tension.  >:?

Just like it was at the beginning, so it is at the end. After putting together a good long string of positive results, all of a sudden the wheels have come off. I know there will be downswings of course, but I'll confess to falling into the trap of believing I was invincible (again).

Perhaps a certain amount of complacency kicked in. On day 114 I took it easy, playing next to hee-haw. There followed on Days 115 and 116 two disatorous sessions where I couldn't seem to buy a 1st place. I became discouraged and had to gear down the next couple of days. I couldn't seem to play much at all without getting uncharacteristically frustrated and having to pause.

Yesterday, I still had 260 to complete. This has probably been the longest week of the challenge and today was definately the longest day. I had to physically force myself to play. I think I'm just fed up of the things.

So I was fed up and pissed off. Every gambling book ever written (even that hack, John Patrick's works) advises doing the same thing when in this frame of mind (Stop fookin playin!).
Alas, that was a course of action I could not afford to take. To get the job done I simply had to put in a 14 hour sesh to leave me an attainable target for Day 120.
At one point we were $3k down from where we since the last update. That sesh was 10 times harder for me than the 24 stint. I had to keep going, but at the same time didn't have to keep going (if that makes any sense?)

There will probably be those who think I've got my priorities a bit skewed. To them I'd say this...

"You don't understaaaaaaand"

By that I mean, it's been such a long grueling journey, how could I look myself in the mirror (something I love to do, according to the bus) if I bailed out now. Sooooooo close to the end.

I think I managed to sorta keep it together, there was an encouraging late rally of the score.

Days 114, 115, 116, 117, 118 and 119 Results : -$1,612 (+$16,996 total)
ROI : 7.2% (after 3,878 flippin sit n gos)
RDRR : 122 ( Act V, Scene VII )

I have a real tournament to play tonight, Mad Marty's £150 freezeout at Cincinnatis. As soon as I've finished, its off home to commence the remaining 122 tournaments. Although it's been a loooooong week, I think I should manage ok.
The final 5 miles of a marathon may be grueling, but once you turn the corner into Pall Mall, and see that finishing tape, you find those new reserves. (Or so I've read whilst my arse was sat in a comfy chair.)

Has it just been a shoddy set of cards, or am I getting fuzzled out with sit n gos? Perhaps a bit of both. I really wanna finish this on a positive note. The late rally was a good sign.

Officialy I'm out for 122 1st places, but unofficially I'll be happy with any result that ain't red to bow out with.

The PRO has already been booked for 6pm Sunday to see out the 4,000th, that's an appointment I intend to keep. I'm not superstitious but.......please nobody bok me by saying the 'c' word too early Cheesy
« Last Edit: April 29, 2006, 10:23:19 AM by thetank » Logged

Nakor
Tinca Tinca

Serve the spider

View Profile WWW
« Reply #642 on: April 29, 2006, 10:25:38 AM »

The Tank was playing poker constantly, never fully awake, never fully asleep. Then one day, he met The Bus. The Bus had exactly the same case of poker chips as The Tank but they seemed to be exact oposites to each other. After The Tank got home to find his flat had been destroyed he called The Bus for help but he didn't really know why. They had a few drinks then The Bus said "hit me"............

Now the last few days all make sense - cheers Sword.

I wonder who Marla is Huh??

Tank do you know The Bus ?

Good luck for the final PUSH.

Shit post Nakor, such a clown.

What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?
the bus

View Profile
« Reply #643 on: April 29, 2006, 10:29:17 AM »

While the t*** may be off coming off his rails, I remain firmly on my wheels.

Personally, I don't think he can do it. 

Gryff

View Profile
« Reply #644 on: April 29, 2006, 12:39:13 PM »

Keep it up tank.
I find I start my downswings when I make moves because "I'm a better player" and expect it to pay off, rather than making a move because of the right situation.
Generally this occurs after I've been running well for a decent period of time.
When it happens you need to realise as soon as possible ( not always easy ) - a postit on the monitor works for me though :p
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 ... 49 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: