blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 07:47:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272611 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Best of blonde
| | | |-+  4,000 STTs in 4 months
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 ... 49 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 4,000 STTs in 4 months  (Read 162230 times)
GlasgowBandit

Global Pacifier

View Profile
« Reply #615 on: April 19, 2006, 07:52:22 PM »

I will sponsor you Tank to the tune of £20

steeley68

Still a Jagsfan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #616 on: April 19, 2006, 08:42:52 PM »

Stick me down for a fiver.

I love....LAMP!
Jonboy

View Profile
« Reply #617 on: April 19, 2006, 11:02:00 PM »

I'll go a fiver ... and a tenner if make it a comma result for the 24hrs ... or manage to pen a paragraph of coherent thoughts after you finish!

Tank, do you have a netteller account or something simple that we can all transfer money into ... I know these things can become a nightmare when you try to track down all your pledges.

Congrats on your task so far  Cool

Regards

jon
steeley68

Still a Jagsfan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #618 on: April 19, 2006, 11:36:20 PM »

Tank, do you have a netteller account or something simple that we can all transfer money into ... I know these things can become a nightmare when you try to track down all your pledges.

Aye, that would be an idea!

I love....LAMP!
RobS

View Profile
« Reply #619 on: April 20, 2006, 05:26:28 AM »

Stick me down for $25 Tank. $50 if you manage a comma!

I've put it in $$ as the easiest way for me to pay you the dosh is to transfer it to you on PokerStars.

I might join some of your games over the weekend, and four-handed I will be calling your pushes with the top 80% of hands minimum and fully expecting to be ahead!   

thetank

View Profile
« Reply #620 on: April 20, 2006, 05:38:20 AM »

four-handed I will be calling your pushes with the top 80% of hands minimum and fully expecting to be ahead!   

It's funny coz it's true

For super fun to exist, well defined parameters must exist for the super fun to exist within.
thetank

View Profile
« Reply #621 on: April 20, 2006, 11:01:04 AM »

Day 110 - Sponsorship for Saturday has now passed the £400 mark! (Assuming I manage it) With even more coming in if I get a comma day with loadsa 1st place finishes. Big up to all y'all so far.

Still plenty time, we can do even better. Keep those pledges coming.

Off to the shops to get essential supplies of Red Bull and Microwaveable meals.
I also had better give the flat a once over for the folk coming round on Saturday night who've kindly volunteered to keep me awake in the last part by waving beer in my face. Only 3 or 4 folk up for coming along so far, the more the merrier, pm me if you're interested.

Day 110 Results : +$565.5 (+$17,555 total)
ROI : 8.7% (after 3,334 tournaments)
RDRR(I added another R to the acronym for no particular reason, I can do that) : 67.6 (10 overs left)

I've got a wee confession. Not for the first time in this mission I've forgotton what day it is.

I thought it was Friday today  and the 24hr thingy was tomorrow. That's why I only played 40, I thought I'd take it easy before the storm.

Just found out it's only Thursday while writing this. Brucey-bonus really, gives me extra time to prepare all the cosmic chi-force that'll be required.

Ummmmmmmmmmm

[attachment deleted by admin]

For super fun to exist, well defined parameters must exist for the super fun to exist within.
patman

View Profile WWW
« Reply #622 on: April 20, 2006, 11:17:49 AM »

here...whats wi the bloke sitting in the nude(same six pack as me mind) wi some other persons legs piled in front of him Shocked

matt674

View Profile
« Reply #623 on: April 20, 2006, 11:29:09 AM »

I've put it in $$ as the easiest way for me to pay you the dosh is to transfer it to you on PokerStars.

Word of warning if you do get a lot of people sponsoring you then it isnt advisable to have them all pay you by transferring money into your pokerstars account at the same time.

Pokerstars become very suspicious of things like this as they think that people are using their site for things other than playing poker.

The following is one of the clauses from their terms and conditions:

"4.2 PERSONAL USE. The Software is intended solely for your personal use. Commercial use of the Software is strictly forbidden. The User is only allowed to wager for his/her personal entertainment. Under no circumstances shall a User be permitted to use his/her "real money account" with PokerStars for any purpose other than for playing the Games. The User agrees that his/her use of the Games is in a personal (and not professional) capacity. Before the User participates at PokerStars, he/she is responsible to verify the laws on gambling which govern the User use of the Software in order to determine restrictions and act in accordance thereto. The User must provide full and truthful information regarding his/her legal name and identity when such information is requested by PokerStars. A User may not have more than one account with PokerStars."

I know someone who was selling something over the internet and got people to pay by transferring money into his account - pokerstars froze his account for several weeks before he could convince them that he wasnt doing anything untoward. Eventually they unfroze his account but he has to be very careful when he wants to transfer funds in or out of his account.

sponsored by Fyffes
thetank

View Profile
« Reply #624 on: April 20, 2006, 11:41:44 AM »

Cheers Matt.

on my part.

That wouldn't be fun, 3,999 STTs completed and Pokerstars freeze my account due to irregular activity  Cheesy

matt674

View Profile
« Reply #625 on: April 20, 2006, 11:53:14 AM »

I can imagine all of the collective groans of the PRO massive as we all turn out in force for your 4000th STT only to find your barred from the site!! Sad

i also posted the same on the 240STT's in 24 hours thread as i notice some people on that thread had said that they had also chosen this option - hope you dont mind.

and of course  in the final furlong of both your quests thumbs up

sponsored by Fyffes
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #626 on: April 20, 2006, 12:12:30 PM »

I dunno if JBSC7769 reads this thread but maybe he could have a word with them and find out if they can make an exception?

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
Canuck
Knightsridge @ the tables

View Profile
« Reply #627 on: April 22, 2006, 01:09:55 PM »

Tank, I'll go down for a tenner

Good luck with the quest

knightsridge.blogspot.com
Colchester Kev

View Profile
« Reply #628 on: April 22, 2006, 02:04:06 PM »

Tank, I'll go down for a tenner

Sounds like a bargain Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy