blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 01:36:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Best of blonde
| | | |-+  4,000 STTs in 4 months
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 ... 49 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 4,000 STTs in 4 months  (Read 162242 times)
GlasgowBandit

Global Pacifier

View Profile
« Reply #585 on: April 14, 2006, 10:24:32 AM »

Well done Tank.  The mission is nearly comlete,  I have no doubting that you will finnish in time with a healthy ROI.

thetank

View Profile
« Reply #586 on: April 14, 2006, 11:01:17 AM »

How many hours of play per day do you average Tank ?

Dunno exactly, I'd guess about ten.

I'm curious if you are you still enjoying playing poker?

We all love the game sometimes and hate it at others.
I'm trying to eliminate both sides of this from my psyche. When I have I'll let you know what's left in the middle.

For super fun to exist, well defined parameters must exist for the super fun to exist within.
moritzey

View Profile
« Reply #587 on: April 14, 2006, 12:37:20 PM »

Dunno exactly, I'd guess about ten.

I'm curious if you are you still enjoying playing poker?

We all love the game sometimes and hate it at others.
I'm trying to eliminate both sides of this from my psyche. When I have I'll let you know what's left in the middle.

That sounds horrible, I suppose you would want to eliminate emotion to the extent of not getting too upset about bad beats or having to hear bad beat stories from other people (much worse). But if you remove all emotion it'd just become a job, no? Well, suppose it makes sense if you want to do it as an occupation, but don't you think you'd rather play poker than work poker? But maybe that changes once you actually start making serious money.

Regardless of that: Well done on making it so far into the challenge, I doubt many people (deffo not me) would have the stamina to keep going for so long! Good luck on the last few episodes, I know you can make it!
thetank

View Profile
« Reply #588 on: April 15, 2006, 09:58:59 AM »

Days 104 and 105 - Riot police are facing off against a miffed-up bunch of anarchists. The young punks are hurling all kinds of abuse at the Rozzers in an attempt to give 'em a case of the willys. The Fuzz are trained to just stare at the unruly mob and not say a single word, under any circumstances. Sometimes, there can be nothing more intimidating than silence. More often than not, it's the rioters, and not the police, who end up getting spooked.

People have a go at me quite a lot in the safety of the ol' pokerroom chatty box, and most of it I miss. That's probably for the best, I've never been one to keep my mouth shut at the best of times. Saying absolutely nothing probably gets their goat more than anything else.

Looking through some hand historys, I noticed that one chappy announced "I'll call you next time out of spite moron" after I raised his blind for the 3rd consecutive time, just off the money.
He must not have been best pleased when I raised it the next 3 rounds aswell.  Cool
He folded all 3 times (good), had I typed some lame retort such as "Oooooh, I've wet me keks big boy"  then I'm guessing he probably would have called (not so good).

I played 60ish each day, so on track for the final fortnight.

Silo asked if I was still enjoying it. I think I definately am.
Not so much because of the winning, but because I've always derived a certain job satisfaction from doing something well. (Or at least believing I'm doing it well)
Also, I get a kind of perverse kick from frustrating my opponents when I bubble-bully them (on the odd occasions when I've muffed my way into a chip lead)
That'll never leave me, I must have a raising fetish.

Days 104 and 105 Results : +$876 (+$15,847 total)
ROI : 8.2% (after 3,186 tournaments)
RDR : 62.6 (13 overs remaining)

Two whole days off now, FANK THUCK.
I'm going away up North to see the family at Easter.

Wishing y'all a good weekend whatever it is you're doing.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2006, 10:33:13 AM by thetank » Logged

For super fun to exist, well defined parameters must exist for the super fun to exist within.
Dewi_cool

Dusk Till Dawn - It's like going home

View Profile
« Reply #589 on: April 15, 2006, 10:12:32 AM »

Hi Tank, Have a nice couple of days off m8, few beers and chill out, u deserved it 

The very last hand of the night goes to Dewi James, who finds ACES and talks Raymond O’Mahoney into calling his all-in preflop bet of 15k.  “If I had AQ, I’d call!” says Dewi.  Raymond calls holding pocket 66’s.

lazaroonie

Your a dead man Den Watts !!

View Profile
« Reply #590 on: April 15, 2006, 10:22:54 AM »

he's having a night off tonight - playing poker at my gaff Smiley

at least its with real people....

The blog of my friend Colchester Kev
http://colchesterkev.wordpress.com/
bhoywonder

View Profile
« Reply #591 on: April 15, 2006, 12:03:14 PM »

way to go tank

keep up the good work

awesome

may your god go with you

Scottish Open Apat online gold medal winner 2008
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #592 on: April 15, 2006, 12:08:15 PM »

Hi Tank, Have a nice couple of days off m8, few beers and chill out, u deserved it 

what the welsh wizard said       

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
Poppet7
Little Madam!

Lucky Lady

View Profile
« Reply #593 on: April 15, 2006, 01:11:02 PM »

Happy Easter, hope you have a nice weekend and enjoy the rest Smiley x

m1rl1n
Probation

View Profile
« Reply #594 on: April 15, 2006, 01:16:26 PM »

I hate to be an old stick in the mud. But I must take umbrage at something I read. Not directly relating to the thread itself but in a linked article (truly shameless to link your own works). Sir Isaac fruit bruiser Newton is credited with the invention of the catflap. Actually a far more important thing than all his laws of motion which were simply sitting round waiting to be worked out. The catflap is however a truly original idea and therefore a useful gizmo ...... if you have a cat.
That aside, I've been alurking and areading avidly for weeks and can offer only the best of luck in the final run down. Keep it going sir, not long left.
thetank

View Profile
« Reply #595 on: April 15, 2006, 01:20:06 PM »

Fair point, I forgot about the cat flap. I stand humbled.

Also, like you say, 'twas truly shameful plugging a link to my own articles, won't happen again. 
« Last Edit: April 15, 2006, 01:31:01 PM by thetank » Logged

Nem

View Profile
« Reply #596 on: April 15, 2006, 01:20:30 PM »

Welcome to the forum m1rl1o
Poppet7
Little Madam!

Lucky Lady

View Profile
« Reply #597 on: April 15, 2006, 09:37:53 PM »

From your No.1 Fan!

[attachment deleted by admin]

Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #598 on: April 17, 2006, 05:11:18 PM »

I hate to be an old stick in the mud. But I must take umbrage at something I read. Not directly relating to the thread itself but in a linked article (truly shameless to link your own works). Sir Isaac fruit bruiser Newton is credited with the invention of the catflap. Actually a far more important thing than all his laws of motion which were simply sitting round waiting to be worked out. The catflap is however a truly original idea and therefore a useful gizmo ...... if you have a cat.
That aside, I've been alurking and areading avidly for weeks and can offer only the best of luck in the final run down. Keep it going sir, not long left.

The Tank should have known that - it was a question in the BB2 quiz which he was quizmaster for  tongue

And for those who said he should have a beer and relax - he'd a good drink at Laz's home game (as did we all).

BTW Laz I think I left my shades at yours, I'll give you a shout & get them off you next time you're in Cincins/at Celtic Park.

May the bird of paradise fly up your nose, with a badger on its back.
thetank

View Profile
« Reply #599 on: April 18, 2006, 01:36:08 PM »

Days 106, 107 and 108 - Back to the salt mines after a weekend off. I reminded myself what alcohol tastes like, and what aspirin is for.

Harder to get right back into the swing of things I must admit. A late start on Day 108 (4am) meant I only managed 48 tournaments before noon. I won't have to worry though, that's the last time I'll need to adjust the sleeping pattern, no more days off till the end.

I have something special planned for this weekend....

24 hour turbo marathon anyone? 3am on Saturday till 3am on Sunday. During this time I intend to completely massacre the RDR by playing a daft volume of tournaments.
It'll be so close to the end by then that I think some adrenaline will help me pull off that kind of pisch.

Prior to that day, Pokerstars support will be getting an e-mail informing them that I am not a bot, just a nutter.

Days 106, 107 and 108 Results : +$487 (+$16,333 total)
ROI : 8.4% (after 3,234 tourna-minis)
RDR : 63.8 (12 cheeky bad-boy rude-boy days lefteroonie)

Been a while since the red pen came oot. Makes for a duller, less topsy turvy ride but I don't care.

If dull is consistent +$ then dull is good.  Cool

« Last Edit: April 18, 2006, 01:42:07 PM by thetank » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 ... 49 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: